Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners (15940 Views)

IPOB: Britain Briefs Nigeria On Nnamdi Kanu’s Travelling Documents / Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% / Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by agborodun: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2017

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by rusher14: 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
Why are you panicking?

If the UK government intends to publish names of homeowners why are you against it?

Home ownership is not illegal. However, you it would reveal to an extent the wealth base of certain politically exposed persons.

We await publication.

1 Like

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Grundig: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Let me state here and now and if I might add, categorically, that this will be an exercise in futility.

The pettiness of this govt is mind boggling.

So Nigerians who worked hard doing legitimate businesses and bought houses will be lumped in the same rubbish of an exercise all in a bid to fight corruption?

Utter tosh!
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Newbiee: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Let us know our looters

1 Like

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Jj222(f): 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2017
na today?
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Chanchit: 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
Why next year, why not now? Abeg make una shift jare.
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Daboomb: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
TippyTop:
After revealing property owners please help us reveal the amount Bubu spent on health care in your country.

Abba Kyari is there now wasting even more millions.

Stop this your foolishness, biiko!

Even ordinary company worker, Banker, Civil Servant, e.t.c are entitled to a Medical allowance, which they can use to offset the cost of any Medical treatment they have, while in employment.

Buhari as a sitting President, is entitled by law, to be "taken care of" (Medically) by the country he serves, just like your place of work pays your Medical Bill when you are sick (I understand that "Galla Sellers" like you are O.Y.O! tongue ..but that is not our fault, since you also dont pay tax!)

Same goes for Abba Kyari (l hate that guy though and think he should have been relieved of his job at the Presidency, for that grass-cutting allegation).

Paying for Medical treatment is not same as "Wasting money"! How can you be this daft?

Revealing Property owners will allow us to compare what they have in Asset with whatever money they could ever have made from legitimate work.
In-between both of these, is "stolen Money".

Some of you are so brain-dead you cant see anything good, even if it hits you in the face!
angry angry

BTW: I think making this announcement has really done damage to the effort!
You have given them enough notice to transfer such property inti other names or to sell it off.
Why NEXT YEAR? Why not now?
Britain and their supporting looting, is like 5 & 6!
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by TippyTop(m): 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
[s]
Daboomb:

Stop this your foolishness, biiko!

Even ordinary company worker, Banker, Civil Servant, e.t.c are entitled to a Medical allowance, which they can use to offset the cost of any Medical treatment they have, while in employment.

Buhari as a sitting President, is entitled by law, to be "taken care of" (Medically) by the country he serves, just like your place of work pays your Medical Bill when you are sick (I understand that "Galla Sellers" like you are O.Y.O! tongue ..but that is not our fault, since you also dont pay tax!)

Same goes for Abba Kyari (l hate that guy though and think he should have been relieved of his job at the Presidency, for that grass-cutting allegation).

Paying for Medical treatment is not same as "Wasting money"! How can you be this daft?

Revealing Property owners will allow us to compare what they have in Asset with whatever money they could ever have made from legitimate work.
In-between both of these, is "stolen Money".

Some of you are so brain-dead you cant see anything good, even if it hits you in the face!
angry angry

BTW: I think making this announcement has really done damage to the effort!
You have given them enough notice to transfer such property inti other names or to sell it off.
Why NEXT YEAR? Why not now?
Britain and their supporting looting, is like 5 & 6!
[/s]

Why is he refusing to tell us how much was spent? Did he spend his personal money?

1 Like

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
They would stop buying properties in Britain then.

1 Like

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Daboomb: 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
Grundig:
Let me state here and now and if I might add, categorically, that this will be an exercise in futility.

The pettiness of this govt is mind boggling.

So Nigerians who worked hard doing legitimate businesses and bought houses will be lumped in the same rubbish of an exercise all in a bid to fight corruption?

Utter tosh!

Just listen to yourself....

So, if you worked hard and bought a house(s) (of which there are records everywhere .. revenue, local councils, e.t.c)...... your name being included in the list of House owners is now "lubbish" or a crime?

why are you panicking since you legitimate worked for your money?
Who did you lie to?
grin grin

Well, "the Guilty are ALWAYS afraid..... grin even when nothing is chasing them". undecided

I dont give a damn whether they publish my name or not, anyone can come and challenge me.... my source of income is legitimate and provable.
Even Google is enough to help them.
"Criminals and Secrecy, is like 5 & 6"
angry angry
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Bants(m): 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
jagbajantis news who sifts the headlines on this site..how is this news...qataris are buying half of uk few things naija are buying ere una wan start talk foolish uk news
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Daboomb: 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Why is he refusing to tell us how much was spent? Did he spend his personal money?

You keep proving me right, when l say you are daft!

The President does not need to tell anyone anything!
He did not spend his personal money on his treatment and neither should he even attempt to spend his personal money.
He is a sitting president, Gerrit?

There are laid-down rules detailing how much he is entitled to for medical allowance, just like every company/organisation details the "medical entitlement/Allowance" of their employee.

I cant continue to educate you Galla Sellers for free, just because its a free forum.

The President is an "employee of the Nigerian State". The state pays his bill
He is entitled to a salary, medical allowance, housing allowance, e.t.c....... just as the Senators, Judges, civil servants and even your clueless Otuoke "America will know" that was kicked out.

Instead of ranting over nothing, you can file an FOI request to know exactly how much he spent........ even if you dont know that medical information of an individual, is protected under the law, by the data Protection Act.

Dofus!!!
angry
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by louisilva: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
omo eh!!! i need to sell my property in the UK ASAP. who will buy? its on kingsroad. very negotiable. halla if interested
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Day169: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lusola15:
Let me quickly go and sell my house in London before 2018 grin grin
Ol boy! you Don buy house for London . So all dat motor whey you sell for Nairaland no be for play. grin grin grin.
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by louisilva: 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Chanchit:
Why next year, why not now? Abeg make una shift jare.
the UK law has to be passed and be effective
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
They are seeking countries to vulture on as brexit will turn almost the whole of Europe against them
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Adeolu4(m): 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
At least bukola can't summon d the parliament abroad
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by KaptainAfrika: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
True. But that's risky for them. In whoever's name you buy the property, it belongs to that person by law.

dukie25:
Some didn't buy the house in their name, use your head.
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Grundig: 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Daboomb:

Just listen to yourself....

So, if you worked hard and bought a house(s) (of which there are records everywhere .. revenue, local councils, e.t.c)...... your name being included in the list of House owners is now "lubbish" or a crime?

why are you panicking since you legitimate worked for your money?
Who did you lie to?
grin grin

Well, "the Guilty are ALWAYS afraid..... grin even when nothing is chasing them". undecided

I dont give a damn whether they publish my name or not, anyone can come and challenge me.... my source of income is legitimate and provable.
Even Google is enough to help them.
"Criminals and Secrecy, is like 5 & 6"
angry angry

Your argument falls flat on tbw face of common sense and logic

Some people abhor the frenzy that goes with the public knowing what they own and and what they don't own.
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by nkemjacob2(m): 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
Nxt yr is too far, d Smart corrupt politicians would have done somethin...

I pray the name should not be political influence becos Britain on its own is sophisstically corrupt.
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Lusola15: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
Day169:

Ol boy! you Don buy house for London . So all dat motor whey you sell for Nairaland no be for play. grin grin grin.

Oga I fear you ooo shocked shocked
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Emassive(m): 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
My name will be there.
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by gudofuck231: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
TippyTop:
After revealing property owners please help us reveal the amount Bubu spent on health care in your country.

Abba Kyari is there now wasting even more millions.

You blunt bustard, lol I didn't see that coming, nice one
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by gudofuck231: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
Punctual:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/britain-set-to-unveil-nigerian-property-owners/192097.html

Another distraction so that our economy would be sabotaged, since Boko haram no work anti corruption is the way, it was rasy for them to intercept our arms cash deal but to track the money coming into their banks no de possible, fantastically money blinded

2 Likes

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by musicwriter(m): 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
This is certainly a good development. And its a better way to assist third world countries instead of aid gifts.
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Bjergtrolde: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
Punctual:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/britain-set-to-unveil-nigerian-property-owners/192097.html

I can categorically tell you that no British Government official will do this. The British Economy runs of foreign money. If they do this, all the foreign money will dry up and economy will collapse. There is also the little matter of privacy which western governments strive to maintain.

The prof is being disingenuous.

1 Like

Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Day169: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lusola15:

Oga I fear you ooo shocked shocked
Nah!
..just a keen observer. wink
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Horus(m): 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DgVg-owqI

Rich Nigerians Spend Millions on London Property - but WHERE?
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by Horus(m): 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
Next on the list are Nigerian property owners in Dubai
Re: Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners by KanwuliaExtra: 4:23am On Apr 05, 2017
Na crime to own property for U.K.? undecided
Please tell us about those who have property in Nigeria.
Mtchewwwwwwww!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Bukola Saraki - 4 Years Of Service / LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers / Ohanaeze Asks FCT Minister To Ban Activities Of Eze-igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.