Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership (23401 Views)

Plots And Acres Of Land For Sale In Ogun State/ Land Survey / Fencing Project For A New Land In Enugu / Cost Of Land Survey In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Btruth: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
Let's see what will happen then. Anyway, I think I will be doing better in my farm in Ijebu......lol.

No hassle of Lagos again. cheesy
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by money121(m): 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ok
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by ruffhandu: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
no way
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Daboomb: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
Flexherbal:
Na only big men go dey build houses now ooo

"The chapter had raised the land survey plan fees by over 300 per cent, starting from April 1. "

For the Second vice president, Nigerian Institute of Building, Mr. Kunle Awobodu, said that the institution is justified in increasing its fees as inflation has affected members of the built environment professionals. He disclosed that such fees will be pass on to the would-be subscribers of houses or landed property.

You see the GREEDINESS of we Nigerians? (at the bolded)

Just like sellers were doing when Dollar rose a bit, everyone jerks-up prices astronomically and when Dollar appreciates, they refuse to bring down the prices.

How long will President Buhari and his Govt look the other way while these greedy thieves make life impossible for Nigerians?

The statement of that man above shows that the price is being raised astronomically just for pure GREED.

While Govt is trying to make houses available so as to reduce the exorbitant cost, some Greedy Surveyors are trying to even further hike the prices, at a very crazy rate.

Buhari and his Govt must re-introduce "Price Control" measures and enforce it drastically.
To not do so, means greedy thieves in our midst will rubbish whatever policy his Govt is putting in-place to make life better for Nigerians.

These greedy people dont care about anyone, they just want to make more money and pass the burden down to the consumers.

**I think that Mr. Kunle Awobodu should be arrested right away ... for statements likely to cause breach of peace.
The Surveyor Association should also be mandated to reverse this nonsense ....legally or otherwise***

5 Likes

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by ikorodureporta: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
So na how Lagos st govt won take increase 'land-use charge'
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Jokerman(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
I don't need a surveyor when I wanna get a piece of land...
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2017
whats the business of land owners with inflation affecting the people that want to collect survey money? like seriously, these things shouldnt come with any cost. the survey ought to ensure houses are constructed within confines of given rules and regulations, citizens shouldnt have to pay for such services, the govt ought to be the ones catering for those surveyors. its like saying people should start paying money before police can prevent any crime, doesnt make sense.
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Daboomb: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
three:
What!

It seems Fashola has gone with flower propaganda but APC (AC/AD Lagos) continues with its elitist and anti-people programs!

From Car Radio Tax, to potential increase in Refuse Disposal costs, to 300‰ increase in survey fees.

Yes Lagos is the 'star' of Nigeria with massive IGR!

Have various Lagos governments (save that of Lateef Jakande) delivered on Value for Money?!

Capital NO!

https://www.nairaland.com/3658813/lagos-state-increase-cost-survey

http://nigeriarealestatehub.com/survey-plan-fee-three-times-current-fee.html/

http://www.blueprint.ng/lagos-govt-raises-survey-plan-fee-the-lagos-state-government-has-disclosed-that-effective-1st-of-april-2017-survey-plan-fee-for-lagos-state-will-be-increased-by-three-hundred-percent-the-government/

The spin being put on this news is that it is not the Lagos State Government. Who then issued the directive?

Try and read before you respond, that will save you asking silly questions!

YOU are not a Robot! Stop acting like one
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by signz: 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mancentral:

That is why the housing construction industry especially property developers need to adopt the use of Drones for surveying their proposed property. The data quality is much better and it will not only provide survey data, it will also provide 3D data that can be used for land clearing, cut and fill and design of the estates.

I hope someone here understands this solution i'm proffering. Hit me up if you need more info.

Will it be cheaper than what these surveyors want to be charging?
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by trantulla: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
Just making life difficult for citizens,whats the rational behind the increase?
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by haryorbarmie83(m): 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
call for your land survey, jurisdiction within Ogun-state. 08066220033
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by three: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
Daboomb:

Try and read before you respond, that will save you asking silly questions!

YOU are not a Robot! Stop acting like one

I assume these are the silly questions

three:

Have various Lagos governments (save that of Lateef Jakande) delivered on Value for Money?!

The spin being put on this news is that it is not the Lagos State Government. Who then issued the directive?
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by signz: 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
Neighbouring states are not taking advantage of Lagos to develop.

Lagos have no competition. If any of the Niger delta states have functional seaports competing with Lagos seaports, Ambode will personally arrest this man, lock him up in Kirikiri and throw the keys into the Lagoon. That Lagos leaders are encouraging this is because they know there's no other state with seaport competing with them.

Are they trying to discourage people from building houses?
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by waldigit: 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mancentral:

That is why the housing construction industry especially property developers need to adopt the use of Drones for surveying their proposed property. The data quality is much better and it will not only provide survey data, it will also provide 3D data that can be used for land clearing, cut and fill and design of the estates.

I hope someone here understands this solution i'm proffering. Hit me up if you need more info.
I beg tell these conservative professionals oo.
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by waldigit: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Source: http://guardian.ng/property/new-land-survey-fees-begin-in-lagos-threaten-homeownership/?

I expect upward mobile professional to make effort to bring down the cost because of advent of many labour saving technologies such as gis gps surveillance drones etc. The era of theodolite is gone for good and there are available labour saving technologies which the institute can adopt to help bring down the cost.
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by onyxo76(m): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
It's not only in Lagos state, even here in Osun it has increased, good thing I listened to my surveyor to quickly survey my land before month ending in March , I was still able to pay the old rate.

1 Like

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Mikeiron78(m): 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
People making life hard for fellow citizens. I guess it's because dollar is high. People with no conscience.
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Emassive(m): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
Yes we do bro. U got it right also.
Mancentral:

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by willibounce1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jetleeee:

If you don't like it, go back to Ala Biafuro

Keep quiet. The Lagos State govt is a big fraud. Always stealing from the people and giving nothing back. I don't know why Nigerians are so docile. We just want to work, sleep, go to church/mosque to pray for money, phuck,party, reproduce and never ask our useless leaders very important questions about how they spend our funds.

I will continue to say it. If you pay taxes and other forms of levies and you praise any idiotic governor, commissioner, president, senator for constructing roads or any infrastructure, then you must be mentally unfit and deserve to be in a jungle.

These useless and selfish leaders are just very annoying. They expect people to hail and praise them for doing the job they were elected to do, a job they get paid millions for aside from the billions they steal. I get so angry when I see educated and enlightened people saying ambode/ Obiano is trying. Mehn are we mad in this country. How can you ever say any of your leaders are trying with the state on things in the country. What did you elect them for? To chill and embezzle money. Mehn this country is messed up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by jadajada: 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
What if one decides to bring his surveyor from another state... What will happen?
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Jetleeee: 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
willibounce1:

Keep quiet. The Lagos State govt is a big fraud. Always stealing from the people and giving nothing back. I don't know why Nigerians are so docile. We just want to work, sleep, go to church/mosque to pray for money, phuck,party, reproduce and never ask our useless leaders very important questions about how they spend our funds.

I will continue to say it. If you pay taxes and other forms of levies and you praise any idiotic governor, commissioner, president, senator for constructing roads or any infrastructure, then you must be mentally unfit and deserve to be in a jungle.

These useless and selfish leaders are just very annoying. They expect people to hail and praise them for doing the job they were elected to do, a job they get paid millions for aside from the billions they steal. I get so angry when I see educated and enlightened people saying ambode/ Obiano is trying. Mehn are we mad in this country. How can you ever say any of your leaders are trying with the state on things in the country. What did you elect them for? To chill and embezzle money. Mehn this country is messed up.

Who be this one nah?

I post one sentence, you dey write article wey I no send you grin cheesy.

Kosi danu jo

6 Likes

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
It's a welcome development considering the inflation rate and the last time the survey fees were revised.

No one will tell me the price a land cost years back is still the same or the price other professionals charge in 2007 is the same as what is been charged now.
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2017
willibounce1:

....and what as any government got to do in this discussion.

1 Like

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
waldigit:

I expect upward mobile professional to make effort to bring down the cost because of advent of many labour saving technologies such as gis gps surveillance drones etc. The era of theodolite is gone for good and there are available labour saving technologies which the institute can adopt to help bring down the cost.

There are basic principles, no matter the technology those principles must be followed.
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Officecentreng: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
In this time. how could they just increase the Survey plan fee by 300%!
Especially in places that people average people are trying to be landlord...haba...
Dem no try o embarassed
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Forex2020247: 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mancentral:

What is this one saying for goodness sake.
Your solution is off topic.
You must not comment.
We are talking about fee they charge on a job. Not job efficiency.
Money talk bro
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by Priest69(m): 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jetleeee:

borrow some sense
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by osile2012: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ambodeeee grin grin grin grin

Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by donodion(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
Daboomb:

You see the GREEDINESS of we Nigerians? (at the bolded)

Just like sellers were doing when Dollar rose a bit, everyone jerks-up prices astronomically and when Dollar appreciates, they refuse to bring down the prices.

How long will President Buhari and his Govt look the other way while these greedy thieves make life impossible for Nigerians?

The statement of that man above shows that the price is being raised astronomically just for pure GREED.

While Govt is trying to make houses available so as to reduce the exorbitant cost, some Greedy Surveyors are trying to even further hike the prices, at a very crazy rate.

Buhari and his Govt must re-introduce "Price Control" measures and enforce it drastically.
To not do so, means greedy thieves in our midst will rubbish whatever policy his Govt is putting in-place to make life better for Nigerians.

These greedy people dont care about anyone, they just want to make more money and pass the burden down to the consumers.

**I think that Mr. Kunle Awobodu should be arrested right away ... for statements likely to cause breach of peace.
The Surveyor Association should also be mandated to reverse this nonsense ....legally or otherwise***

Yours truly I felt like looking for tht bastard and blow his brains out. Lagos might soon be in flames with all sorts of unfriendly and neck wriggling policies been raised for implementation. What justified the abnormal increase.....his lousy excuse is cos of rate of inflation affecting other building professionals...and how does that connect with surveyors?

Ambode and Tinubu better be aware, using thugs and hoodlums as political frontliners would backfire eventually as nothing last forever. You take one step forward and 10 steps back.

Criminality might soon be the order of the day in Lagos and only the strongest will remain.
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by sshalom(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
What would be the benefit of this ridiculous increase to potential home owners? Is it that the paper on which the survey will be done has been converted into steel such that rats won't be able to eat it? What a time we live in!
Re: New Land Survey Fees Begin In Lagos, Threaten Home Ownership by DocHMD: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jetleeee:

Unfortunately and funnily it is your yoruba people that will protest naked against this policy in front of Alausa Govt house.

There is no price tag you put on your land that will inhibit an Igbo man from buying it if he loves it. Events have shown this. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: House Burns Down In Yaba Lagos / Three Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Owerri, Imo State. Photos / Muhammad Nami: FIRS Plans Stamp Duty Palliatives For Tenants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.