Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

... - Agriculture (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316404 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Senatordeproff: 7:32am On Jul 23, 2020
I use fan or ice block on their water.

I use automatic drinker not manual. And it's many, as such it can't be cleaned daily. E no possible.

leo1234:

Thanks.
How do you regulate temperature during hot weather?
I thought it is recommended that drinkers are cleaned daily?

1 Like

Re: ... by leo1234(m): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2020
Senatordeproff:
I use fan or ice block on their water.

I use automatic drinker not manual. And it's many, as such it can't be cleaned daily. E no possible.

Thanks
Re: ... by holyram: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Thanks, for your expensive contributions towards making Nigerians to be self reliance, especially with the lesson learned during this pandemic period, where many employee were layoff. kindly guide on where to purchase the following feed additives or if there is any one or two ingredients that can fulfill all this in feed additives, in the feed formulation: Methionine + Cystine
Valine
Isoleucine
Arginine
Tryptophan
Thréonine
olenic acid

In nutshell, i am trying to formulate poultry feed and i do not no where to buy those additives mentioned in Nigeria.
Senior farmers in the house kindly assist a brother
CC EMMAACHILE, TURKS, OBIAGELI and the rest in the house

Re: My Broiler Farm (7-10 Weeks) by Langdon2016: 9:02pm On Feb 03
EMMAACHILE:

If you must self formulate, use a concentrate and it has to be a good one.

It's cheaper if maize and soya is cheap.
Re: ... by chukskafor(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
Senatordeproff:
I don't know Nipple price now, so u need to find out. I got mine from Survival Poultry Services.

Iron rod was installed with the pipes to give it strength and you can't dissuade the birds from stepping on it. But that enforcement helps prevent breakage

Ok bro, thanks
Re: ... by mercyitodo(f): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
holyram:

Thanks, for your expensive contributions towards making Nigerians to be self reliance, especially with the lesson learned during this pandemic period, where many employee were layoff. kindly guide on where to purchase the following feed additives or if there is any one or two ingredients that can fulfill all this in feed additives, in the feed formulation: Methionine + Cystine
Valine
Isoleucine
Arginine
Tryptophan
Thréonine
olenic acid

In nutshell, i am trying to formulate poultry feed and i do not no where to buy those additives mentioned in Nigeria.

EMMAACHILE:

You dont need all these. Just formulate using a concentrate. All these addictives are inside already.
Re: ... by holyram: 1:16am On Jul 24, 2020
mercyitodo, Thanks very much for your quick response.
I know how to use feed concentrate to produce feed according to manufacturer specification, but i am interested in formulating feed due to some reasons.
Please, i am still expecting response from the house on how to get those additives or if there is one or two ingredients that can serve as those additives
Re: ... by holyram: 1:19am On Jul 24, 2020
holyram:
mercyitodo, Thanks very much for your quick response.
I know how to use feed concentrate to produce feed according to manufacturer specification, but i am interested in formulating feed due to some reasons.
Please, i am still expecting response from the house on how to get those additives or if there is one or two ingredients that can serve as those additives
: Methionine + Cystine
Valine
Isoleucine
Arginine
Tryptophan
Thréonine
olenic acid

Re: ... by REUBEN010(m): 3:35am On Jul 24, 2020
holyram:

Valine
Isoleucine
Arginine
Tryptophan
Thréonine
olenic acid

These amine acids are present in fishmeal and Soybean meal.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2020
holyram:

Valine
Isoleucine
Arginine
Tryptophan
Thréonine
olenic acid

You cant get these anywhere. Thats why there is premix sold.
Re: ... by Redomi(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Good day sir, if I order for day old broilers from Afrimash, will they include all their medication?
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2020
Redomi:
Good day sir, if I order for day old broilers from Afrimash, will they include all their medication?
I dont think
Re: ... by dotunibrahim7(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Pls how many bags of feed will I need to feed my broilers from day old to 8weeks
Re: ... by peterbello(m): 2:11am On Jul 30, 2020
You get all as a whole in form of vitamin premix. Just go to a feed mill and ask for vitamin premix. Methionine and Lysine could be purchased there too.

holyram:

Valine
Isoleucine
Arginine
Tryptophan
Thréonine
olenic acid

EMMAACHILE:

Re: ... by Grucho1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
help!!!!Turks am I need of noilers,location is Jos....2cartoons.....been trying to communicate with u
Re: ... by legba1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
If Turks is preemer, then he knows what he's saying about going organic.
Re: ... by trychris: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good evening good people, i did enjoy this thread. I got DOC from Chi through a vet outfit. Please is there a reason for the disproportionate growth between these two three-week old cockerels? There were four like that but this last one died later after taking this picture

Re: ... by 1b8m: 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
I finally got to the end of this thread, religiously following every post right from page 1. Infact right now I feel like I have a PhD in chicken husbandry grin grin. However I still need the likes of emmaachile Turks obiageli etc to hold my hands from now onwards.

After much deliberations, I have decided to go into raising broilers. Below is my newly constructed pen house with 20 by 37 feet dimension. How much birds can this space take?
Re: ... by 1b8m: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2020

Re: ... by 1b8m: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2020
1b8m:
I finally got to the end of this thread, religiously following every post right from page 1. Infact right now I feel like I have a PhD in chicken husbandry grin grin. However I still need the likes of emmaachile Turks obiageli etc to hold my hands from now onwards.

After much deliberations, I have decided to go into raising broilers. Below is my newly constructed pen house with 20 by 37 feet dimension. How much birds can this space take?
Ideally 37*20/3= 250 broilers to 300 broilers max
Re: ... by 1b8m: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

thanks master

How many feeders and drinkers is sufficient for 50 DOCs?
Re: ... by leo1234(m): 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

I thought it is a bird per square feet?
That should be about 740 birds.
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 09, 2020
1b8m:
thanks master

How many feeders and drinkers is sufficient for 50 DOCs?
If 50, you need minimum of 6 feeders and 4 drinkers

leo1234:

I thought it is a bird per square feet?
That should be about 740 birds.
Don't try that. Smh!
Re: ... by leo1234(m): 6:42am On Aug 09, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Don't try that. Smh!

Noted.
That's what I saw most commercial farmers recommend online.
Have you tried using one square foot per bird before and what was your experience?
Re: ... by 1b8m: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2020
You said ideally, does it mean 2sqft per bird is acceptable because I intend to raise 450birds
EMMAACHILE:

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
leo1234:

Noted.
That's what I saw most commercial farmers recommend online.
Have you tried using one square foot per bird before and what was your experience?
Which commercial farmers?

1b8m:
You said ideally, does it mean 2sqft per bird is acceptable because I intend to raise 450birds
Try it and see. Maybe it will work.
Re: ... by Nedlog01(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hi, There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. Register today with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4
It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken.
It's all free.
Re: ... by trychris: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good afternoon great people. Please how can pox be treated on a four week old chick using the organic method? Thanks
Re: ... by kripen(m): 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
Pls great farmers what is the strain of Chi broiler
Re: ... by zikodem(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
kripen:
Pls great farmers what is the strain of Chi broiler
A.A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 10, 2020
trychris:
Good afternoon great people. Please how can pox be treated on a four week old chick using the organic method? Thanks
Rub palm oil on the comb and also put like 3 spoonful in their drinker.
Re: ... by jidestroud(m): 7:56am On Aug 10, 2020
trychris:

Just for clarity, do you mean 4 weeks chicks with fowl pox?? or pox like swollen eyes/face?
I'm just curious

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.