Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,394 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

... - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316607 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Dimejimichael(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
Wat drug can I use for my 3month + 1week cockerel to aid der growth ??
Dey are currently on Maxi yield
Well fed..
But I nid dem to be ready for xmass
Re: ... by khristal87(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Can you tell me the wrong notions please. Welcome to the thread Mr Turk.

Zartech has the Cobb 500 strain and what's your answer to that?

The only antibiotic here is Est Mix Wsp. Where did you see the many antibiotics? tongue
If u tke care f ur birds well, u dnt need anti biotics, u dnt need coccidiostat...its all abt good management pratices.....
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
khristal87:

If u tke care f ur birds well, u dnt need anti biotics, u dnt need coccidiostat...its all abt good management pratices.....
Unbelievable! You mean you can raise your broilers without any organic or inorganic drug?

Mr friend, I need to be convinced.
Re: ... by khristal87(m): 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Unbelievable! You mean you can raise your broilers without any organic or inorganic drug?

Mr friend, I need to be convinced.
Yes, gud management practices.........some ppl nt vaccinate dia birds....bt they re extremely careful.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
khristal87:

Yes, gud management practices.........some ppl nt vaccinate dia birds....bt they re extremely careful.
That's careless. Any viral attack, you could lose your flock. It's not recommended.
Re: ... by Juwton: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2017
The No.: 1 Organic Agricultural Forum called Farm Herbal Pro Group on Telegram which is a "No Holds Barred Platform" that discusses agriculture.
Just within the space of 3 months the educative and versatile Farm Herbal Group on WhatsApp was inundated with inquires from enthusiastic farmers and members, to the extent that all the spaces on the WhatsApp platform were filled up quickly.
In addition, lot of people could not get registered on the WhatsApp, Hence, the migration to a larger platform; Telegram was necessary.

The Farm Herbal Pro on Telegram is a veritable forum where proven scientific information and latest easy farming solutions are shared.
The group contributions to easy and cost cutting agricultural practices such as in Poultry, Livestock, Dairy and Fisheries cannot be over emphasised. It should be noted that these contributions come at no cost, IT IS FREE.

Do not be left out of this great forum, join this train on Telegram where you can learn, teach, ask questions, do business and share knowledge without any fear.

If you are interested, kindly contact me through WhatsApp on 09096429203
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: ... by Toplazunity: 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
Please agriclanders, can any one enlighten me more on organic means of raising chicken, or refer me to the right trend here on nairaland. Thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
Day 6:
Sharivit in the day
Evening: Will give herbal concoction of moringa, neem, pawpaw and mango leaves.

The mixture is then put in a container with fresh water in the ratio 1:2.

So far working very well with stool as solid as normal.
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
lipsrsealed[url][/url]
Toplazunity:
Please agriclanders, can any one enlighten me more on organic means of raising chicken, or refer me to the right trend here on nairaland. Thanks
What do you really want to know?
Re: ... by shakyriri: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

That's careless. Any viral attack, you could lose your flock. It's not recommended.
Nothing is careless in it.use perfect biosecurity and your birds are fine.i have raised broilers for 10weeks without vaccines.why such fuss about drugs drugs?
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
shakyriri:

Nothing is careless in it.use perfect biosecurity and your birds are fine.i have raised broilers for 10weeks without vaccines.why such fuss about drugs drugs?
Perfect biosecurity where? Backyard farm or Poultry house?
Even the biggest farms use one form of treatment or the other.
I sense an internet poultry farmer here.

1 Like

Re: ... by bigiyaro(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I sense an internet poultry farmer here.
i tot LAB is a gud biosecurity
Re: ... by shakyriri: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=61325906]
I sense an internet poultry farmer here.[/quote
All the best.i guess you have visited all farms in Nigeria.
Am not an internet farmer,my poultry farm is in kobape Abeokuta.
You don't knw it all.shove the arrogance,it doesn't help.

1 Like

Re: ... by Chikach: 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
khristal87:

Its possible but you can only do this on a new farm or on free range birds

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=shakyriri post=61327561][/quote]
Lol.
Re: ... by Hammedadetayo(m): 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 6:
Sharivit in the day
Evening: Will give herbal concoction of moringa, neem, pawpaw and mango leaves.

The mixture is then put in a container with fresh water in the ratio 1:2.

So far working very well with stool as solid as normal.

Oga Emma please how do go about the concoction, what's the quantity of water and herbs to be boiled together and also how many ml of boiled concoction goes into a litre of birds drinking water sir? thanks 4 the good work boss
Re: ... by mercyitodo(f): 12:02am On Oct 12, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 12, 2017
Work of Moringa decoction
Moringa oleifera leaves could be utilized as a nutritionally valuable and healthy ingredient for poultry. These nutrients may not be strictly medicinal but could be valuable in preventing diseases that are related to malnutrition.

It works and has antibacterial, antifungal, oxidants and anticocci agents. It can also be used as a multivitamin.
Its a must have if using herbs.
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 12, 2017
Hammedadetayo:

Oga Emma please how do go about the concoction, what's the quantity of water and herbs to be boiled together and also how many ml of boiled concoction goes into a litre of birds drinking water sir? thanks 4 the good work boss
Just boil for 10 mins
I used 1.5 litres in a 5 litre drinker and fillup with fresh water.

1 Like

Re: ... by olushollys(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2017
Good day great farmers! Before now poultry is one of my most dreadred farming ventures in fact I don't open poultry threads on naira land. I have to thank you guys for the good job you are doing more wisdom and money I pray for you.
Pls I have these questions cause I will be doing your type of poultry soon
1. What is Sharivit
2. I hear you mentioned lab what do you mean by lab?
3. And in ione of the pictures the floor is covered with what sir? It looks to me like Sand and not wood shavings
Lastly with what and how do you feed your birds
Pardon my stupidity if I sound so. Thanks
EMMAACHILE:
Day 1 : Sharivit
Evening gave pawpaw leaves fresh

Day 2 Sharivit

Day 3: Moringa decoction

The pawpaw leaves created wet liter looks like the concentration was too much. I also saw signs of worms in stool. It means worms are likely part of chickens even at birth.

Tomorrow will give Sharivit.
Pictures will follow tomorrow

1 Like

Re: ... by Hammedadetayo(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Just boil for 10 mins I used 1.5 litres in a 5 litre drinker and fillup with fresh water.
okay ...... Much blessing sir
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
olushollys:
Good day great farmers! Before now poultry is one of my most dreadred farming ventures in fact I don't open poultry threads on naira land. I have to thank you guys for the good job you are doing more wisdom and money I pray for you.
Pls I have these questions cause I will be doing your type of poultry soon
1. What is Sharivit
It's a multivitamin

2. I hear you mentioned lab what do you mean by lab?
Not me. I don't use labs and molasses

3. And in ione of the pictures the floor is covered with what sir? It looks to me like Sand and not wood shavings
Rice husk though I used sand on my former set of noilers and broilers.

Lastly with what and how do you feed your birds
Pardon my stupidity if I sound so. Thanks
Rico Gado super starter and will introduce fodder in the third week.
I also feed herbs for immunity

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Day 7
Fresh water in the morning
Pawpaw leaf extract raw in the afternoon

I noticed sharivit makes them have watery stool. May discontinue its use. I don't know whether its because of the use of herbs, or any other reason.

Pawpaw leaf is a good anti protozoan and deworming solution especially if raw. Too much of it makes the chick purge since its work is to purge both cocci and worms out of the birds.

If you ask me of any two best herbal solution for birds, it will be moringa + pawpaw as both will act as an antibiotic, antifungal, anti cocci, multivitamin and a deworming agent.
Re: ... by arizona20: 9:04am On Oct 13, 2017
Please is it moringa leaf and pawpaw leaf? or Moringa seed with pawpaw seed? whichever one,please how do u prepare it and how long do u give dem?
Re: ... by Chikach: 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
Pls Who here has an experience with Obj maleLine..... I have a few questions
1. Are the birds all male briolers?
2. I heard the have generic CRD (cough), How did you take care of this cough.
3. How is the broading mortality rate.

I heard its marshal strain, and it grows very well but the management is the real wahala
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
Chikach:
Pls Who here has an experience with Obj maleLine..... I have a few questions
1. Are the birds all male briolers?
2. I heard the have generic CRD (cough), How did you take care of this cough.
3. How is the broading mortality rate.

I heard its marshal strain, and it grows very well but the management is the real wahala
The broading aspect if done well should not be an issue. The room must not be too hot as Marshall are known to detest too much heat or extreme cold.

My Ross 308 broilers for example could stay in 25c-37c at 6 days old without clustering or panting. Arbor acre breeds I have raised before will not stand that temperature range at that age.
Marshalls are known to be in between as they prefer a more uniform tropical weather.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
arizona20:
Please is it moringa leaf and pawpaw leaf? or Moringa seed with pawpaw seed? whichever one,please how do u prepare it and how long do u give dem?
Both are leaves. Just boil and serve. Read previous post.
Re: ... by Samadict(f): 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
I salute the bosses in the house. I'm considering getting broilers (not from day old) to rear for Christmas (30 birds). I need your advice on the right age to get (buying them on Monday 16th), type of feed and rationing and other thing you feel I should take note of. Thanks.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
Samadict:
I salute the bosses in the house. I'm considering getting broilers (not from day old) to rear for Christmas (30 birds). I need your advice on the right age to get (buying them on Monday 16th), type of feed and rationing and other thing you feel I should take note of. Thanks.
Buy two weeks old

Don't ration. Feed all the time

Rico Gado super starter or
Crown super starter by Olam Nig

Buy est mix wsp/embarzin forte

Drinker and three feed cans

2 Likes

Re: ... by Samadict(f): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Buy two weeks old

Don't ration. Feed all the time

Rico Gado super starter or
Crown super starter by Olam Nig

Buy est mix wsp/embarzin forte

Drinker and three feed cans
Can you recommend a good source to buy from? I'm in Lagos. And how much does a bird costs at two weeks? Will I feed them super starter all through or I'll change it at a point? Thanks for the help.
Re: ... by kennysbst(m): 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hello aos......I have two sick birds which have been isolated from others. One is very active but with just one boil on it nose. Second is complectly down on earth and abt to die.pls can I still treat them back to normal?

There are 5 weeks old.

1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
kennysbst:

Hello aos......I have two sick birds which have been isolated from others. One is very active but with just one boil on it nose. Second is complectly down on earth and abt to die.pls can I still treat them back to normal?

There are 5 weeks old.
Give Est mix esp for 5 days immediately . When last did you give anticocci?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.