Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

... - Agriculture (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316998 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Chunky in size. I prefer broilers over 3.5kg
yes they taste better
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 5:50am On Dec 31, 2018
On Sunday morning, At 42 days of age
Total weight of all 56 birds stood at 143.79kg.
This gives a mean weight value of 2.57kg.
Will be offloading them today, by God's grace.

It's been God all along, all thanks to him and to all of you on this thread Especially @OP - oga Emma, Turks.

3 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2018
ezkimow:
On Sunday morning, At 42 days of age
Total weight of all 56 birds stood at 143.79kg.
This gives a mean weight value of 2.57kg.
Will be offloading them today, by God's grace.

It's been God all along, all thanks to him and to all of you on this thread Especially @OP - oga Emma, Turks.
Very good results. Thumps up
Re: ... by royal200: 10:19am On Dec 31, 2018
Please I need some enlightenment. .Those of us selling or calling those who buys dressed broilers who are those buying it from you.. I do sell the live chickens but I think live chicken sell is only profitable during festive period and I wish to be doing all round rearing now.. Please enlighten me on those to Consult to buy them in dressed
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 11:17am On Dec 31, 2018
royal200:
Please I need some enlightenment. .Those of us selling or calling those who buys dressed broilers who are those buying it from you.. I do sell the live chickens but I think live chicken sell is only profitable during festive period and I wish to be doing all round rearing now.. Please enlighten me on those to Consult to buy them in dressed
I'm also interested.want to start selling 6-8 wks broilers dressed.
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2018
royal200:
It depends on your location
Re: ... by royal200: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
royal200:

Please we need Info about this.. .all oga who have venture into this to help @Emma am based in akure but I think they buyers maybe a generally without considering location,since fowl are general Consumption meat
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
royal200:

Please we need Info about this.. .all oga who have venture into this to help @Emma am based in akure but I think they buyers maybe a generally without considering location,since fowl are general Consumption meat
Akure should have a large market and you have to look for processors. That is people who buy in volume and resale at their end. How good is electricity there? If one have the will and capital, you could go into the freezing part of broilers.
Re: ... by royal200: 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Akure should have a large market and you have to look for processors. That is people who buy in volume and resale at their end. How good is electricity there? If one have the will and capital, you could go into the freezing part of broilers.

Thanks sir, I have festive period bulk buyers with a reasonable profit but their price is like half festive period rate that's why am looking forward for those dress processor buying in kg.. .festive period live sales don't need scale
Re: ... by royal200: 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Thanks sir, I have festive period bulk buyers with a reasonable profit but their price is like half festive period rate that's why am looking forward for those dress processor buying in kg.. .festive period live sales don't need scale....There is area here with almost 20hours power supply per day here but I don't have the financial ability to start that for now
Re: ... by potosky: 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
royal200:

Thanks sir, I have festive period bulk buyers with a reasonable profit but their price is like half festive period rate that's why am looking forward for those dress processor buying in kg.. .festive period live sales don't need scale....There is area here with almost 20hours power supply per day here but I don't have the financial ability to start that for now
goto shops where they sale frozen chicken ask for the shop owner and discuss business. Look for as many as you can
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2019
I wish you all a blissful and prosperous 2019...... wink cool grin
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 7:18am On Jan 03, 2019
Guys please i will like to know if broilers are vaccinated from the hatchery against Newcastle disease
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2019
shehufaruq:
Guys please i will like to know if broilers are vaccinated from the hatchery against Newcastle disease

Very unlikely but not impossible, you'll have to find out for the particular hatchery , but Marek's disease vaccine is given.

1 Like

Re: ... by shehufaruq: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2019
So what do you know about Chi breed?
I just booked for 110

ezkimow:

Very unlikely but not impossible, you'll have to find out for the particular hatchery , but Marek's disease vaccine is given.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2019
I finally concluded my project, with results as follows.....

*56 Chikun Cobb500 DOC stocked.

*Out of the 56 birds reared, 54 were sold on dressed weight basis.

*After dressing, 54 birds had a combined weight of 109.55kg.

*They were reared for 6 weeks, and fed 10 bags of Chikun feed ;
-superstarter(1-2 weeks)
-starter(2-4 weeks)
-finisher(4-6 weeks)

*Final live weight range was 1.59kg - 3.3kg.

*2 of the biggest birds were kept for personal consumption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2019
shehufaruq:
So what do you know about Chi breed?
I just booked for 110

Seriously, I don't know much about it, I only know that they sell the ArborAcre breed of broilers. If you can get a hold their customer care numbers u should call to confirm what vaccines are given from the hatchery
Re: ... by potosky: 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
ezkimow:

-superstarter(1-2 weeks)
-starter(2-4 weeks)
-finisher(4-6 weeks)

nice work .are you planning to get another one?
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
potosky:
nice work .are you planning to get another one?

Yeah, in less than 2 weeks from now. I will just wash with disinfectants and allow the pen to fallow for a week, then I'll restock.
Re: ... by potosky: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
ezkimow:

Yeah, in less than 2 weeks from now. I will just wash with disinfectants and allow the pen to fallow for a week, then I'll restock.
please can I have your number?
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:48am On Jan 04, 2019
Mzora:
I'm also interested.want to start selling 6-8 wks broilers dressed.

Pls try and find out from your intended buyers, the age they prefer..... I got to find out that mine were actually too big for the market I took them to, and the buyers were complaining... They said they prefered 1kg birds... So I'll be selling at 4 weeks henceforth
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:54am On Jan 04, 2019
potosky:
please can I have your number?

Pls sir check my profile....
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2019
ezkimow:

Pls try and find out from your intended buyers, the age they prefer..... I got to find out that mine were actually too big for the market I took them to, and the buyers were complaining... They said they prefered 1kg birds... So I'll be selling at 4 weeks henceforth
thank u.

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Mzora:
thank u.

U're welcome Ma
Re: ... by omo17(m): 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2019
ezkimow:

-superstarter(1-2 weeks)
-starter(2-4 weeks)
-finisher(4-6 weeks)

Pls how much did u spend in total including drugs and vaccines
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
Poultry is a very useless business.....you guys here are misleading people I can vehemently say Dat poultry is not profitable.... I engaged in it.... With all the all stress Dat is involved I was not able to make good sales tho I sold all my birds.... I was lucky to even recoup capital.... People will price your birds ridiculously.... My birds were very big....even though I stay in Abuja.... Am advising people use your money for a better business..... Agriculture is rubbish in Nigeria
Re: ... by Senatordeproff: 12:30am On Jan 05, 2019
I have just had 3 turn around and can gladly tell you,
you don't know what you are talking about. You only but needed attention, now I have given you. REST and stop exposing your ignorance publicly
Tobiloba21:
Poultry is a very useless business.....you guys here are misleading people I can vehemently say Dat poultry is not profitable.... I engaged in it.... With all the all stress Dat is involved I was not able to make good sales tho I sold all my birds.... I was lucky to even recoup capital.... People will price your birds ridiculously.... My birds were very big....even though I stay in Abuja.... Am advising people use your money for a better business..... Agriculture is rubbish in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 1:42am On Jan 05, 2019
omo17:

Pls how much did u spend in total including drugs and vaccines

About 60k
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 1:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Tobiloba21:

Well sorry for your experience...
Maybe you're targeting the wrong market... Besides, no one is leading or misleading anyone here, we are all here to share our experiences and learn from one another.... Agriculture is the future!

1 Like

Re: ... by royal200: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
@ezikinow please can I have your contact. Like to ask certain things. Thanks
Re: ... by royal200: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
Anyone here that sell Chi day old broilers

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.