Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

... - Agriculture (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316421 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Turks: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Not everything about poultry is antibiotics. Sometimes, you just have to get something right..

I see some farmers recommending antibiotics at random. The minute you start your birds on a concentration of antibiotics, you give room for drug resistance. Always follow the dosages and withdrawal periods.

1 Like

Re: ... by zubyaloysius(m): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
pls oga Emma, i have been feeding my broiler birds ad-libitum for one month plus now, ( day and night ) they are 107 in numbers and will be 5 weeks on tuesday. presently, they are eating the 10th bag of feed now and to my calculation 1 bag serves 2 and half days so 2 bags serves just 5 days. pls is it normal if not how do i feed them to maximise profit without effect in growth of the birds? should i keep feed morning, afternoon and night?
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
potosky:
as for the saw dust that is the only thing I can get for now. Thanks alot. I have looked everywhere for tylosin but I did not see it
Go to pata market, and get rice husk from the rice mill close to the old water board area.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
zubyaloysius:
pls oga Emma, i have been feeding my broiler birds ad-libitum for one month plus now, ( day and night ) they are 107 in numbers and will be 5 weeks on tuesday. presently, they are eating the 10th bag of feed now and to my calculation 1 bag serves 2 and half days so 2 bags serves just 5 days. pls is it normal if not how do i feed them to maximise profit without effect in growth of the birds? should i keep feed morning, afternoon and night?
The consumption is normal
Re: ... by Senatordeproff: 11:56am On Dec 14, 2018
@11days today. 200 Chikun birds still strong, hale and hearty. No mortality

Re: ... by Youngext: 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
Senatordeproff:
@11days today. 200 Chikun birds still strong, hale and hearty. No mortality

Wonderful, please do share your vaccine routine, feed type and supplements used if any,
For our learning pleasure
Re: ... by potosky: 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Go to pata market, and get rice husk from the rice mill close to the old water board area.
I went there last time but I could not get any. I will still go there tomorrow. Thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
potosky:
I when there last time but I could not get any. I will still go there tomorrow. Thanks
Why? Even if you want a trailer load, its available.
Re: ... by potosky: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Why? Even if you want a trailer load, its available.
when last did you go there?. Maybe I need to ask around there again. Thanks
Re: ... by pricelesshoney(f): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mzora:
right now I'm sad...lost more than 5 birds(all very mature just waiting for Christmas to sell off),since Saturday...I got baomycin when I noticed some were weak...closing their eyes and barely feeding like b4..plus green poop.after I finished that I lost another one...went back to the vet store was given tri sulfa coc...still lost another one this afternoon...what could be wrong pls...I'm depressed...note:body seemed hot when touched.
seems like this is the season for Newcastle, same issue am having so far viral care helped me, when I stopped administering it,10 days later they started dying ,I am using advocine now and e.s.t mix, so far no death,still watching it
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
pricelesshoney:
seems like this is the season for Newcastle, same issue am having so far viral care helped me, when I stopped administering it,10 days later they started dying ,I am using advocine now and e.s.t mix, so far no death,still watching it
OK..thanks...just trying to recoup my capital as I've lost out on profit...All the best.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
pricelesshoney:
Advocine? Or admacine
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
potosky:
when last did you go there?. Maybe I need to ask around there again. Thanks
Last week
Re: ... by zubyaloysius(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
4 weeks 5 days... 107 birds no mortality, currently consuming the 10th bag of feed.... Any observations or advice?

2 Likes

Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
pls house, can i use pawpaw leaves & seeds for turkey? For how many days sir? At what age? Thanks.
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
babyboy4every1:
pls house, can i use pawpaw leaves & seeds for turkey? For how many days sir? At what age? Thanks.
It should work as its natural but its best used as a dewormer/digester.
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
zubyaloysius:
4 weeks 5 days... 107 birds no mortality, currently consuming the 10th bag of feed.... Any observations or advice?
Good work. What breed/hatchery are there from?
Re: ... by pricelesshoney(f): 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Advocine? Or admacine
it's advocine and its in liquid form
Re: ... by potosky: 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Last week
got them today. Thanks
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2018
Good day house
@all keep up the good work
We all shall reap the fruits of our labour. Amen!
Re: ... by zubyaloysius(m): 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Good work. What breed/hatchery are there from?

Sayed chicks.....
Re: ... by zubyaloysius(m): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
If a bird shows weakness to stand and even eat or drink with a hot body and also small yellowish droppings... What might be the cause and possible remedy for cure?
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
zubyaloysius:
If a bird shows weakness to stand and even eat or drink with a hot body and also small yellowish droppings... What might be the cause and possible remedy for cure?
That could be a deadly form of coccidiosis. When last did you treat cocci?
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
It should work as its natural but its best used as a dewormer/digester.
thanks
Re: ... by zubyaloysius(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

That could be a deadly form of coccidiosis. When last did you treat cocci?

I have not treated cocci for the first time because i have not seen reddish dropings, i just started today to administer kepcox for cocci treatment meanwhile what i see in the drops are small red, light green and yellowish white... What do you think oga Emma?

They will be 5 weeks on Tuesday. Only one bird ou of 107 is acting severe... Cant walk well nor eat well. I ve isolated that one and have started giving medication.

Currently, i give biovitastress, kepcos & T viral.

Remedy pls....
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
zubyaloysius:

Great job Sir
E no easy, you've done well
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
zubyaloysius:

I have not treated cocci for the first time because i have not seen reddish dropings, i just started today to administer kepcox for cocci treatment meanwhile what i see in the drops are small red, light green and yellowish white... What do you think oga Emma?

They will be 5 weeks on Tuesday. Only one bird ou of 107 is acting severe... Cant walk well nor eat well. I ve isolated that one and have started giving medication.

Currently, i give biovitastress, kepcos & T viral.

Remedy pls....
Greenish stool for all birds or only the severe looking sick one?
If its for only that one, its surely hunger but if its for all, keep watching them closely.

I have some birds in the second week currently undergoing pawpaw seeds/leaf treatment after the first week treatment of alfaceryl + tiviral granule. I want to see how far they will go without antibiotics/antiviral. I may or may not vaccinate but its risky for a large farm.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
28 days old today, so far so good !!!
Head count = 56
On 5th bag of feed

Recovering from second Gumboro vaccination this morning. smiley

Re: ... by zubyaloysius(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
ezkimow:

Head count = 56
On 5th bag of feed

Great. Well done Sir..... What specie of birds?
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
ezkimow:

Head count = 56
On 5th bag of feed

5 bags at 28 days is just too much. I feed ablibitum too and the highest can go over 3 bags at 28 days. Hope you are no longer using trays?
Re: ... by Senatordeproff: 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
The vaccine routine is above, just a few step back you will see it

I use Chikun feed and no supplement yet
Youngext:

Wonderful, please do share your vaccine routine, feed type and supplements used if any,
For our learning pleasure
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
oga Emma what does ginger and garlic treat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.