Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

... - Agriculture (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (317892 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by matoseyems(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2019
ezkimow:
Just got another batch of 84 broilers yesterday evening, brand - Zartech...
Couldn't get Chikun. I just hope these performs just as well as the Chikun chicks...

Following you back to back

1 Like

Re: ... by potosky: 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2019
rust6:

They are not feeding fine and they remain stagnant I mean they don't move they also move their feathers in a way as if they are feeling cold.
They are 2months and 3weeks.
Yesterday they were just 3 now they are 5
when last did you give gumboro?
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
rust6:

They are not feeding fine and they remain stagnant I mean they don't move they also move their feathers in a way as if they are feeling cold.
11 weeks is too much for a broiler
Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
ezkimow:
Just got another batch of 84 broilers yesterday evening, brand - Zartech...
Couldn't get Chikun. I just hope these performs just as well as the Chikun chicks...
I tried Zartech once and saw "nwii". I lost 7 birds within 8 days. I got the birds on the 22nd of October and started noticing brown/red droppings on the 24th of the same October.
I pray yours do well. Zartech birds grow well, they stock fast growing Cobbs, but I no do again. Currently raising a carton of Cascada birds I got from oga Turks. All 49 birds are healthy, the one that died succumbed to stress. I will upload a picture of them when I go to see them tomorrow.

Modified;
I just saw a pic of a curious bird from the cascada batch I got from Turks. The birds were 5 days old in this shot.

2 Likes

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
FlintGuevara:
I tried Zartech once and saw "nwii". I lost 7 birds within 8 days. I got the birds on the 22nd of October and started noticing brown/red droppings on the 24th of the same October.
I pray yours do well. Zartech birds grow well, they stock fast growing Cobbs, but I no do again. Currently raising a carton of Cascada birds I got from oga Turks. All 49 birds are healthy, the one that died succumbed to stress. I will upload a picture of them when I go to see them tomorrow.

Modified;
I just saw a pic of a curious bird from the cascada batch I got from Turks. The birds were 5 days old in this shot.

Alright sir, thanks for the heads-up...
Will challenge myself on this one...

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
rust6:

In my opinion this could be Newcastle...
It usually causes green poo and nervous symptoms... You can try a mix of Admacine+sufamix+multivitamins... I got good results out of them on an infected turkey
Re: ... by Turks: 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
This is NEW CASTLE DISEASE. Isolate the culprit and place the lot on Polidine for 5 days. Vaccinate with La Sota on the 6th day

rust6:
Please how do I treat this I have tried Pantacox-plux and its not really doing much

Re: ... by Turks: 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
Thank you for your patronage sir.

Kindly update us on how things are going with the birds sir.
FlintGuevara:

Modified;

Re: ... by kripen(m): 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
Pls house, I lost a mature broiler recently without been sick. When I cut it opened, the heart of the bird was estra ordinary big. Pls what is the cause of this.
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Turks:
This is NEW CASTLE DISEASE. Isolate the culprit and place the lot on Polidine for 5 days. Vaccinate with La Sota on the 6th day

Gbam

Pls do this
Re: ... by Floryangel8: 9:34am On Jan 17, 2019
Please what is the meaning of this poo.

Re: ... by Turks: 6:05am On Jan 18, 2019
Could mean a lot of things. You have to give a brief history of your birds as well as their current state.
Floryangel8:
Please what is the meaning of this poo.
Re: ... by Floryangel8: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
They are very ok. 650 in number. 2 months into lay and deep litter system. Taking vitamin presently.

Turks:
Could mean a lot of things. You have to give a brief history of your birds as well as their curreqnt state.
Re: ... by rust6(m): 7:24am On Jan 19, 2019
I have tried all kinds of antibiotics but to no avail please anyone with any information help me biko.
I have not seen this kind of thing b4

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2019
rust6:
I have tried all kinds of antibiotics but to no avail please anyone with any information help me biko.
I have not seen this kind of thing b4

Turks:

I believe it's Newcastle follow Turks instructions above, but before that give more information about the birds to get help
How is their :
Appetite
How many are affected and any thing you've observed so far
Re: ... by rust6(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2019
ezkimow:

I believe it's Newcastle follow Turks instructions above, but before that give more information about the birds to get help
How is their :
Appetite
How many are affected and any thing you've observed so far

Whatever it is it's affecting them fast dey were three before but now they are 7.
First thing that happens is the stop walking then they lose appetite and then stop eating.
Then they pass watery and greenish stool.
Then massive weight loss they are getting to three months.
I have but the polidine very expensive but the vet told me not to put in their drinking water as he said it was a disinfectant so what do I do now

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2019
rust6:

Whatever it is it's affecting them fast dey were three before but now they are 7.
First thing that happens is the stop walking then they lose appetite and then stop eating.
I have but the polidine very expensive but the vet told me not to put in their drinking water as he said it was a disinfectant so what do I do now

It's most likely Newcastle, but reputable farmers like Turks have recommended the poldine treatment probably because it's effective.... Or you can seek his assistance
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
rust6:

Were they vaccinated against Newcastle?
Re: ... by Favourme84: 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
Which super starter will you recommend for me...
Vital Feed
Top Feed
Chickun
Please your swift response will be highly appreciated.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
Favourme84:
Vital Feed
Top Feed
Chickun
Chikun

1 Like

Re: ... by rust6(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2019
ezkimow:

Were they vaccinated against Newcastle?
Yeap
Re: ... by twoMcfemad: 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
rust6:

The Vet that has asked you not to out Polidine in their water is inexperienced and or fake. Put Polidine as advised, repeat Lasota and see how your birds come back to life

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
twoMcfemad:

The Vet that has asked you not to out Polidine in their water is inexperienced and or fake. Put Polidine as advised, repeat Lasota and see how your birds come back to life

What's the right mixing proportion of the Polidine and Water
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
rust6:

Yeap
Ok
Just follow the advice from experienced farmers in the house, don't worry, all will be well....
Good luck sir
Re: ... by Turks: 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
It’s an iodine based disinfectant that can be fed to the birds. It also serves as an antiviral. Follow the dosage or 10ml to 8L of water. It’s either Polidine, Neodine or iodesteryl.

rust6:

Re: ... by Turks: 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
Breedwell
Favourme84:
Vital Feed
Top Feed
Chickun
Re: ... by Turks: 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
Polidine + Admacine
Neodine + Admacine
Iodesteryl + Admacine

This is a great combo for battling NCD. But first, always isolate the affected bird/s so they don’t further infect the flock. Feed the birds the already medicated water for 3-5 days. Give La Sota on the 6th day.

The reason for giving the above medication is to lower the viral load in the birds. Without lowering the viral load and administering La Sota, you’ll lose a very large percentage of your birds; if not all. I learnt all these the hard way. Please be advised. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Turks: 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
It’s probably the vitamins you give. You’re either giving it in excess or it’s just a regular poop. Nothing to be scared of I suppose.
Floryangel8:

They are very ok. 650 in number. 2 months into lay and deep litter system. Taking vitamin presently.

1 Like

Re: ... by Floryangel8: 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2019
Thanks sir

uote author=Turks post=74928239]It’s probably the vitamins you give. You’re either giving it in excess or it’s just a regular poop. Nothing to be scared of I suppose. [/quote]
Re: ... by twoMcfemad: 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
ezkimow:

What's the right mixing proportion of the Polidine and Water
30ml/100 litres of water

1 Like

Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 12:17am On Jan 21, 2019
Turks:
Thank you for your patronage sir.

Kindly update us on how things are going with the birds sir.

The birds are all doing fine. The only mortality I recorded was as a result of stampede in the enclosure I used for brooding. I administered Gumboro yesterday. I don't give them drugs, I use ginger, garlic and bitter leaf extract for their drug needs at the moment. The ginger and garlic are ever present in their water, while I've only administered bitterleaf extract twice.
I also mix dry crushed pawpaw leaf and bitterleaf in their feed.

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 2:22am On Jan 21, 2019
twoMcfemad:

30ml/100 litres of water

OK thanks Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.