Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Only 4 Anambrians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 4 Anambrians (1537 Views)

2020 Budget: Only 4 States Are Viable In Nigeria —report / Nigerian Doctor Declares Unborn Baby Dead,cut His Arm,only 4 Him 2 Be Born Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only 4 Anambrians by fastguy10: 4:49am On Apr 05, 2017
I am happy anambra state govt want to built an airport bt I am nt happy where d airport is located

why nt Oba again I hav never been to umueri b4 i dnt even no d place and is far from onitsha
I blame our past Governor's 4 nt completing dat OBA airport dat OBA will serve anambra state better Dan umueri becos OBA is in d center also 4km to onitsha

1 Like

Re: Only 4 Anambrians by FKO81(m): 5:33am On Apr 05, 2017
fastguy10:
I am happy anambra state govt want to built an airport bt I am nt happy where d airport is located

why nt Oba again I hav never been to umueri b4 i dnt even no d place and is far from onitsha
I blame our past Governor's 4 nt completing dat OBA airport dat OBA will serve anambra state better Dan umueri becos OBA is in d center also 4km to onitsha

Oba isn't at the center, the distance from Oba to Awka is far, Oba is close to Onitsha and Nnewi, there are so many reasons why they moved the location to Umueri, 1, Umueri is at the center, with the new roads that link to Enugu/Onisha express road by Nteje, from Umueri to Onitsha 40mins, Awka 45 minutes, Nnewi close to 60
minutes
2, To be close to Orient oil facilities, also for aviation fuel depot to sale to Airlines
3, The area produces agricultural products in large quantities
4, Many agro industries are located there
5, Topography and tableland

3 Likes

Re: Only 4 Anambrians by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 05, 2017
Any place they build it is accepted.

4 Likes

Re: Only 4 Anambrians by fastguy10: 6:16am On Apr 05, 2017
FKO81:

Oba isn't center, the distance from Oba to Awka is far, Oba is close to Onitsha and Nnewi, there are so many reasons why they moved the location to Umueri, 1, Umueri is at the center, with the new roads that link to Enugu/Onisha express road by Nteje, from Umueri to Onitsha 40mins, Awka 45 minutes, Nnewi close to 60
minutes
2, To be close to Orient oil facilities, also for aviation fuel to sale to Airlines
3, The area produces agricultural products in large quantities
4, Many agro industries are located there
I hav no business in Awka or nteje
OBA is good becos is close to onitsha n nnewi
Re: Only 4 Anambrians by FKO81(m): 6:39am On Apr 05, 2017
fastguy10:

Use your google to check the distance

Umueri to Onitsha 36 min (32.3 km) via Enugu-Onitsha exp rd and 40min (25.2 km) via Nkisi rd

Umueri to Nnewi 1h 6min (53.4 km) via Nkisi rd and new Oba/Nnewi rd and 1h 4min (45.3 km) via Otuocha-Agulueri-Nteje rd

1 Like

Re: Only 4 Anambrians by prodigy24: 7:05am On Apr 05, 2017
propaganda taken too far! Build the Airport and stop the noise!!! what is it with Obiano and propaganda?
Re: Only 4 Anambrians by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 05, 2017
I was wondering that too. I thought Oba already has something close to that on ground which would have been easier to work on instead of starting from scratch at Umueri.

Well, so far I go enter plane from here land on my own Anambra and not Lagos, no wahala even if na inside Agulu lake.

4 Likes

Re: Only 4 Anambrians by izombie(m): 7:20am On Apr 05, 2017
[quote author=fastguy10 post=55274427]
OBA is good becos is close to onitsha n nnewi [/quote ] na only you dem dey build the airport for? So because you have no business with awka the airport location should be moved to suit you? Umueri is central. Close to awka, onitsha and nnewi. So whats your problem?

3 Likes

Re: Only 4 Anambrians by fastguy10: 7:21am On Apr 05, 2017
SirJeffry:
I was wondering that too. I thought Oba already has something close to that on ground which would have been easier to work on instead of starting from scratch at Umueri.

Well, so far I go enter plane from here land on my own Anambra and not Lagos, no wahala even if na inside Agulu lake.
we 4 enjoy OBA more Dan umueri
Re: Only 4 Anambrians by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 05, 2017
op why are you worried? Asaba airport was built to serve Onitsha,Oba,Nnewi and Asaba. Though in Delta state, siting another airport around Oba will not make much sense to me because there is an Asaba airport adjacent to it hence Umuleri is a better idea since it is close to the oil rig, Awka the state capital and it will also spreed development which is all we want.

Am from Imo though but this is my little contribution to the discuss. Thanks. God bless anambra, God bless igboland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 Anambrians by mightyhaze: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2017
So why e com be for only anambranians?

So as a nwa afo imo,i can't comment here?
Re: Only 4 Anambrians by Emycord: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2017
fastguy10:

dont be ridiculous thats why people laugh at us, so you want us un start fighting ourselves cos of location? Even if they like let then put it inside grave yard or inside river niger or in one remote villa with no road but lets have an airport, you talk about oba that is developed even if the current proposed area is not developed the activities of the port will help develope it fast and alongside oba we now have an extra developed area or you want us un lump everything in one place and later we start saying its over populated we need to spread out. Stop thinking like a typical nigerian think like a biafran.
Re: Only 4 Anambrians by Emycord: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2017
fastguy10:

because you have no biz there does not mean others don have. Did they say they were building it for only ur consumption? Or for us all? At most if you want one that is close to you why not build a personal airport for ur biz,
Re: Only 4 Anambrians by Omambala99: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2017
Sensitization visit of Anambra State Government and Orient Petroleum Resources to the Igwe and Umueri community at Igwe's Palace, Umueri to officially inform the Umueri community of the Airport City Project which will commence development at Umueri.
This Airport City project will be delivered by Orient Petroleum Resources Plc & Anambra State Government in partnership with Elite International Investment Limited & China Aviation Planning and Development Company Limited.
The Igwe of Umueri, HRH Igwe Sir Beneth
Izuchukwu Emeka (Okebo II of Umueri) on behalf of the Council members, Youths, Women wing and Umueri community happily welcomed the Anambra State Government and Orient Petroleum delegation.
The Igwe assured the delegation that the Airport City Project will be properly guarded and secured, and the youths of Umueri will see to the peaceful and full development of the Airport project. Invest Nigeria... Think Anambra
Re: Only 4 Anambrians by AustineE1: 10:03am On Apr 05, 2017
we shouldnt be bothered about the location,let it be built first and if you observe,most part of Anambra is developed and also choked up,i think it is time to open up Anambra east,where you have more lands,its basically agrarian in nature and of course the discovery of oil in that zone,makes it a point of interest.
While commerce and industry is more pronounce in other zones of the state,we should now capitalize on cheaper and available land in Anambra east. The basic thing is that Anambra remains one in success! Am from Anambra central.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Commissioner Uselessing A Police Man / Nigeria Government On The Run As Court Postpones Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Indefinitly / Dr. Thomas Wilson Of Sckye Hospital Prescribed Drugs For Sick Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.