Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,551 members, 7,840,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria (27623 Views)

Alexx Ekubo Shades Uti Nwachukwu Over Post About Cee-c's Car / Alexx Ekubo Goes Shirtless, Under Fire Over “Indecent Exposure” (Photo) / Ik Ogbonna, Yomi Casual, Alexx Ekubo At 'The Bling Lagosians' Premiere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Nigeriadondie: 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
I can see why this country no go better. We like to live in denial. Maybe Nigerians are ok with the state of things including electricity. If so then our governments at all level are doing well. Then there should be no complaints.

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by suyamasta(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nothing but the truth, our mumu too much

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by eddy4naija: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:
Decentralise power generation and Let each state in the country generate its own power and lets c if there will nt be 24/7 power in some states.
And by the time investors and businesses start moving to those states with power u'll tell me whether the other states wont wake up.

States that can generate more than what they can consume would sell to neighbouring states and create more IGR for themselves.

Plus state owned generating service would employ thousands of both skilled and unskilled workers.

Service providers in the Electricity business will also benefit.

Decentralise Power Generation!

Guy, God bless you, abeg. i no sabi why our so-called leaders who are just rulers no dey ever think in zat zirection. na only 2 chop money dem sabi, dem no get direction at all, just a rudderless ship
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Spidermon: 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:
Decentralise power generation and Let each state in the country generate its own power and lets c if there will nt be 24/7 power in some states.
And by the time investors and businesses start moving to those states with power u'll tell me whether the other states wont wake up.

States that can generate more than what they can consume would sell to neighbouring states and create more IGR for themselves.

Plus state owned generating service would employ thousands of both skilled and unskilled workers.

Lagos wanted to do this during Tinubu's time but Nigeria happened.

I no longer expect anything good from Nigeria
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by marticeus(m): 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2017
What he said is the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth. It can be painful and can only be changed when we start having electricity 24 hours day. For now we are still the damned good motherfuckers.

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by adimsmt: 1:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
JamieBlog:
Nollywood Actor, Alex Ekubo maturely throws shades at "THE GIANT OF AFRICA" for their inadequate supply of electricity.

He has been in cameroun for a new film he's acting in, and he commended them.

He wrote;
So i've been filming in Cameroon for the past 5 days & its been uninterrupted power supply, meanwhile we say we are the Giant of Africa, Big Name wey dey kill small dog.

Is he right or right?

SOURCE: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/04/nollywood-actor-alex-ekubo-shades.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSeW8JkFQIt/?hl=en

Yes he is right, the problem with we Nigerians are not understanding/accepting that many African countries has surpass Nigeria in so many aspect of developmental strive. Many African countries are doing big things with little. Truth be told Nigeria are lagging behind in so many things. Call it shade but somethings truth they say is painful.
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by chukxie(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
wristbangle:

Words like this will only take this country backward. Learn to be positive bro. Nigeria is a blessed country. Remember life and death lies on the tongue.

Nigerian is a cursed country because of corruption. It's the truth. Which country one earth has crude oil yet exports it to another country where it's refined before importing back into itself where it's then sold at cut-throat prices? Which country on earth in spite of its abundant natural resources, huge intellectual population, and plenteous wealthy people yet it can't provide adequate electricity supply? Nigeria, is!

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by chukxie(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
mmsen:

Their population is not doubling every 20 years. They put a stop that burden many decades ago. They still have issues with corruption and government officials looking the other way when wrong is being done?

'Corruption' is the lazy man's answer to everything.

Why are you trying so hard to make excuses for the backwardness that Nigeria is? Why? Nigeria has just one monumental problem - CORRUPTION. If it can be tackled the way it is being done in China, and every other progressive nations things WILL change. Don't make excuses for the failures of our government (past and present) to provide us even the most basic amenities.

3 Likes

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by AlNur: 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:
I hope he has relocated to Cameroon? Foolishness, he must stay there after the filming and also sell the film in Cameroon.
You don't have to be bitter! Do you like the way we don't have electricity? why do you think our economy is in shambles, My office spend close to 300k every month running Generator! that amount if saved could add to our salary. Think about it

2 Likes

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by mmsen: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2017
chukxie:

Why are you trying so hard to make excuses for the backwardness that Nigeria is? Why? Nigeria has just one monumental problem - CORRUPTION. If it can be tackled the way it is being done in China, and every other progressive nations things WILL change. Don't make excuses for the failures of our government (past and present) to provide us even the most basic amenities.

You don't know China if you think that they have eradicated corruption.

They have grown their economy which is why it doesn't hurt as much but it has grown at a higher rate than the population growth which has allowed living standards to grow, especially in the cities. The Chinese limited families to one child which made life easier for parents to take care of their off spring as well as made it easier for the state to cater for the population.

Nigeria's economy has grown but the population has grown at an unsustainable rate which is why a man like Sanusi has spoken recently about slowing down the rate of population growth.
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by cooldood(m): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:
I hope he has relocated to Cameroon? Foolishness, he must stay there after the filming and also sell the film in Cameroon.

What is foolishness in what he said? This is exactly why your leaders behave the way they behave, when even you the citizens tell them basic things that are wrong, they quickly form defensive and do nothing about it. Is it not true that common electricity 9ja doesnt have, yet pretends to be giant of Africa, giant of Africa my foot. Someone made a valid statement, and compared it with where he is currently and then you say he is foolish. You truly deserve the types of leaders you have, cos only animals can lead a bunch of people that display animalistic tendencies. Unfortunately, everyone is not animalistic, but quite a good number are.

2 Likes

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by currentbrands(m): 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:

But seriously......is he telling a lie?? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by currentbrands(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:

But seriously.......is he telling a lie? undecided undecided
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by chukxie(m): 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
mmsen:

You don't know China if you think that they have eradicated corruption.

They have grown their economy which is why it doesn't hurt as much but it has grown at a higher rate than the population growth which has allowed living standards to grow, especially in the cities. The Chinese limited families to one child which made life easier for parents to take care of their off spring as well as made it easier for the state to cater for the population.

Nigeria's economy has grown but the population has grown at an unsustainable rate which is why a man like Sanusi has spoken recently about slowing down the rate of population growth.

Bro, I live in China. It's 9:26 p.m. here. I've been living in and out of China since 2007. There's corruption in China just like there is in every country on earth. However, it's worthy to note that corruption is being tackled. People no longer pilfer like they used to do. Monies meant for projects don't end up in private pockets like is the case in Nigeria. Corrupt politicians are either killed or sent to prisons for a long time, and their properties confiscated to serve as a deterrent to others. Do such happen in Nigeria? No! Why? Because Nigeria isn't truly ready to minimise corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
cooldood:

What is foolishness in what he said? This is exactly why your leaders behave the way they behave, when even you the citizens tell them basic things that are wrong, they quickly form defensive and do nothing about it. Is it not true that common electricity 9ja doesnt have, yet pretends to be giant of Africa, giant of Africa my foot. Someone made a valid statement, and compared it with where he is currently and then you say he is foolish. You truly deserve the types of leaders you have, cos only animals can lead a bunch of people that display animalistic tendencies. Unfortunately, everyone is not animalistic, but quite a good number are.
My point is not much of whether what he said is true or not, of course we all know that the state of our electricity infrastructure.is appalling, however, it's foolishness to wash your family issues in another man's house, not even Cameroon.
I have just checked a USAID report showing the total installed capacity of Cameroon electricity as 1475MW ! lower than what Egbin power station produces.
Source:
Cameroon | Power Africa | U.S. Agency for International Development

I am not saying were the best, but don't shade us in a junior man's house.
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
ebuclassic18:

lol next would be me
If I hear lol
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
AlNur:
You don't have to be bitter! Do you like the way we don't have electricity? why do you think our economy is in shambles, My office spend close to 300k every month running Generator! that amount if saved could add to our salary. Think about it
I agree but this is a domestic issues, he should say that in Nigeria and not in Cameroon. By the way the total installed capacity of Cameroon as a country is 1475MW ! less than only Egbin power station.
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
currentbrands:

But seriously.......is he telling a lie? undecided undecided
He can't insult Nigeria Cameroon, that's my point. We can abuse ourselves locally
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by mmsen: 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2017
chukxie:

Bro, I live in China. It's 9:26 p.m. here. I've been living in and out of China since 2007. There's corruption in China just like there is in every country on earth. However, it's worthy to note that corruption is being tackled. People no longer pilfer like they used to do. Monies meant for projects don't end up in private pockets like is the case in Nigeria. Corrupt politicians are either killed or sent to prisons for a long time, and their properties confiscated to serve as a deterrent to others. Do such happen in Nigeria? No! Why? Because Nigeria isn't truly ready to minimise corruption.

As you say it is in China it has also happened in Nigeria.

If you say otherwise ask yourself which was better - Nigeria in 1997 or Nigeria in 2017. Even with the destruction caused by this administration corruption is not as stark as it was and things are better than they were. Transparency International appear to agree with me when I state that corruption is not as bad as it was under the military.

This is true at least in the parts of the country that are progressing. We can see what is happening in the north where even money meant for IDPs is stolen. Lagos is undoubtedly better (because Tinubu has had is fill). Cross River is better. Anambra is better. Pilfering is probably still going on in AKS but at least projects are being built to a high standard and on time.
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by cooldood(m): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:

My point is not much of whether what he said is true or not, of course we all know that the state of our electricity infrastructure.is appalling, however, it's foolishness to wash your family issues in another man's house, not even Cameroon.
I have just checked a USAID report showing the total installed capacity of Cameroon electricity as 1475MW !
Source:
Cameroon | Power Africa | U.S. Agency for International Development

I am not saying were the best, but don't shade us in a junior man's house.

See, nothing is really hidden nowadays, thanks to social media and cheaper data costs, every key information on 9ja could be found at the tip of your fingertips (see now, just as you have found for Cameroon). And even going by the figure you quoted, if we assume it is correct, then 9ja with a population of almost 200 million, (9 times Cameroon at about 22 million) should have about 14,000 MW installed capacity (yet we barely have 5,000MW), see why they may have better electricity than some parts of 9ja (if not all), and don't get me wrong, am not saying Cameroon is a better country, certainly not, cos na same same, high-handedness style of governance, state-controlled economy, poor country like 9ja, and so on. However, be open to accepting facts that speak to where you should improve on, it should normally motivate you to improve, but not in 9ja-always quick to defend what is not- exact reason why we are not making any meaningful economic progress, with our population that could soon become a humanitarian issue, we should be flying in terms of development, but here we are, barely crawling like a toddler.

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by gwama: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
He is entirely right, I come from Burkina Faso, my first trip to Nigeria (Lagos) I was impressed by the untimely power cuts. For an oil-producing country, that is inadmissible. I come from a country where there is no oil and other riches that Nigeria has, but there are not as many electricity cuts.

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by GrandGarcon: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:

I agree but this is a domestic issues, he should say that in Nigeria and not in Cameroon. By the way the total installed capacity of Cameroon as a country is 1475MW ! less than only Egbin power station.
You people are the problem of that cesspit called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
GrandGarcon:
You people are the problem of that cesspit called Nigeria.
for saying my mind?
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by GrandGarcon: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:

for saying my mind?
What Alex says is 100% true. And he has the right to say it wherever or which ever way he wants.
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Theblackstalln: 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lifestone:
Weh done

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by ebuclassic18(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
godsluvee:
If I hear lol
u don hear now
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by tunjijones(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:

Decentralize Nigeria. Let's each state generate revenue and fend for herself. Most smaller African country have overcome power issue and plenty Nigerian States are bigger and more populated than plenty African country... Resource control is the only way out of this mess Nigeria is in.

But the leaders wld never listen. I wonder why...
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by sshalom(m): 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
The truth of the matter is that Nigeria has a lot of catching up to do. That we are calling ourselves the giant of Africa doesn't mean a thing until other countries in the world see us as such.

And that can only be possible when we drop all these poor and myopic views of life and politics and embrace global best practices towards massive development.

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by Caseless: 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Despite our epileptic power supply, I prefer to be a Nigerian and I'm sure many Cameroonians wish to be Nigerians too.

How often does the idiot pay his tax?
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by austine4real(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2017
wineroll:
He simply said the truth. Nigeria's power supply is a mess and that's unfortunate.
happy birthday to u omo pupa

1 Like

Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by wineroll(f): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2017
austine4real:
happy birthday to u omo pupa
Awww..Thanks dear. God bless.
Re: Alexx Ekubo Compares Nigeria With Cameroon. Shades Nigeria by austine4real(m): 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
wineroll:
Awww..Thanks dear. God bless.
amen n u 2

where isy cake?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Jazzy, Uriel Oputa & Miyonsea Become Indomie BBNaija Ambassadors (Photo) / Annie Idibia Shows Off New Look (photos) / Terry G Poses With Lord Maine, Toyin Lawani's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.