Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

How Can I Get My Salary Increased - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Get My Salary Increased (8150 Views)

Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / Should I Reveal My Salary Status? / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get My Salary Increased by WiseYoungMan: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello people, please i need advice. So i work in a corporate organization, i came in as a trainee, and it was stated on my letter that i will be confirmed after six months.

Now i noticed that my salary was far smaller than the salary of my fellow trainees, i complained to my department head, he promised to follow it up, but eventually started telling me to just be patient.

Now its up to six months and i haven't been confirmed, no one is saying anything. I met someone who said he has been working for over a year there and he hasn't been confirmed.

Its really annoying working and collecting half the pay of your colleagues. What can i do, do i approach the HR myself? Because the organization is fond of firing staff anyhow, so i'm a bit skeptical.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Fela40: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
What department are you working in?
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by nigeriancritic1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
WiseYoungMan:
Hello people, please i need advice. So i work in a corporate organization, i came in as a trainee, and it was stated on my letter that i will be confirmed after six months.

Now i noticed that my salary was far smaller than the salary of my fellow trainees, i complained to my department head, he promised to follow it up, but eventually started telling me to just be patient.

Now its up to six months and i haven't been confirmed, no one is saying anything. I met someone who said he has been working for over a year there and he hasn't been confirmed.

Its really annoying working and collecting half the pay of your colleagues. What can i do, do i approach the HR myself? Because the organization is fond of firing staff anyhow, so i'm a bit skeptical.
You should be asking us how to retain your job. Look! People are waiting to have your job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by WiseYoungMan: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
Fela40:
What department are you working in?

ICT Department
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by WiseYoungMan: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

You should be asking us how to retain your job. Look! People are waiting to have your job.

So because of that i should be happy with being underpaid?

26 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by nigeriancritic1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
WiseYoungMan:

So because of that i should be happy with being underpaid?
There is a way to boost that little income. Why not try being without job. Look around!
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Malayy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
how much is your salary?
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Pojomojo: 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Asking for a pay raise in Nigeria is automatic sack-Pojomojo
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by osenidvdg(m): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

Please learn to give good answer that can save life not to discourage.Please i beg u,as u might not know how harmful ur response is to me apart from the OP

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by MFerrara(m): 2:30am On Apr 06, 2017

It really depends on which position and role you are a trainee for.
You gave too little info to give you an informed opinion; having said that I'd say you are not in any important/relevant position given the lie (let's call for what it is) you dep head told you (he would have never lied to you if you were anywhere essential).
Given this...yeah, sorry but you got little negotiating room as you are. What you can do is find out which niche role in the ICT dep is needed by the company, specialize in that (an extra certification -if there is one relevant for that role- might help) and then approach your dep head/HR to directly re-negotiate the contract/position.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by veekid(m): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2017

I was born in a country; Nigeria! Where nothing works

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by AntiWailer: 7:01am On Apr 06, 2017
Work harder and play the politics even harder.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Justuceleague2: 7:02am On Apr 06, 2017
I believe you should be patient and continue sending applications for other companies especially if you feel you deserve better

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Soljaboi44(m): 7:02am On Apr 06, 2017
hardworking
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 06, 2017
Who can spot the error

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Ayoswit(f): 7:03am On Apr 06, 2017
K
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by MuyiRano(m): 7:04am On Apr 06, 2017
I just rush book space like say i have something important to say on this matter.
*walking out of thread*
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by bedspread: 7:05am On Apr 06, 2017
BY RESIGNING AND QUICKLY START UP SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by bedspread: 7:06am On Apr 06, 2017
Vanillaskin:
Who can spot the error
GRAMMATICAL BLUNDER FROM OUR YOUTH COVER

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by ksstroud: 7:07am On Apr 06, 2017
Vanillaskin:
Who can spot the error
cover
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by wildchild1: 7:07am On Apr 06, 2017
Bros take the bull by the horn, don't dull... Approach the damn HR

CHECK my signature for your football jerseys

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 06, 2017
WiseYoungMan:

If this was at the company that I work for then one or both employees would have been fired on the spot.

Remuneration is confidential for this very reason.
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 06, 2017
Lummyddy:
Hello guyz, i wish to educate Nigerians what really DONATION PLATFORMS IS ALL ABOUT:
Many called it PONZI, some called it FAST MONEY, Even some named it HIT AND RUN
But frankly DONATION PLATFORM IS THE BEST THING TO GET INVOLVE.. WHY?
You will agreed with me that In real sense of human, is very HARD and Difficult for people to render assistance to the needy.
People MAY help their family alone or dont even help anybody in need of what they have and not using at a specify period..
''Do you know OTHERS NEED IT TO SAFE LIFE''
Donation Platform is the best community in which people willingly help one another ...
But mostly we need to Talk about '''WHY MOST DONATION PLATFORM CRASHING?''
1. GREEDINESS
2.SELF CENTER/SEFISHINESS
3.HIT AND RUN MINDS
4.NO RULE OF SUSTAINABILITY
5.SCAM ADMIN/FOUNDER
When all MEMEBERS include the admin pursue same goal with laid down rules of sustainabilities.. Donation platform is the BEST. Just like LOCAL CONTRIBUTIONS we are use to in various places.. 10people come together to raise helping hand to 1person on on monthly basis till it goes round.
Although many people said it is scam because NO BUSINESS MODEL IN DONATION PLATFORM.. I said No.. why? when you set up a monthly contribution between 10, 20 or more people.. Actually NO ANY BUSINESS INVOLVE.. But with LOYALTY people donate to themselves and all participants benefited one after the other on monthly or weekly basis.. Definately ALL contributors cant benefit same month..No ...That is same IDEOLOGY behind Donation platforms......Honestly Donation Platform is sustainable for long period of time if properly planned with RULES..
1. DONT DONATE LESSER AMOUNT COMPARE TO THE FIRST DONATION.(hit and run)
2 REDONATE/REHELP BEFORE YOU GET HELP OF PREVIOUS DONATION ( This give guarantee of returning of 95% members to redonate again continually)
3. ALL MEMBERS SHOULD PURSUE SAME GOAL..
4. STRICT RULES OF BLOCKING DUMMY ACCOUNT AND FAKE MEMBERS.. You know out of 12 there is always a JUDAS.. we need to fish them out,
However with my findings.. and research ALL NAIRA DONATION PLATFORMS DONT HAVE ABOVE RULES IN PLACE THEY CRASHED SO SOON.. But little BITCOIN PLATFORMS HAVE THEM AND THEY ARE DOING FINE... But Majority of NIGERIANS PREFER NAIRA platforms to Bitcoin Platforms
REAL MEMBERS, GENUINE HELPERS... If you need any of the BItcoin platforms that is doing good..Believe me you gonna get your lost money back... ALL RULES MUST BE KEPT...
Drop your comments below or whatsapp chat +2348060396346 STRICTLY FOR BITCOIN USERS
''2017 IS A SUCESSS

MMM hasn't taught you guys a lesson abi

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by mctowel01: 7:14am On Apr 06, 2017
bedspread:
BY RESIGNING AND QUICKLY START UP SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF
So he should quit a budding and promising career just for the lure of entrepreneurship? Use your head.
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by zedman1(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2017
Vanillaskin:
Who can spot the error
I believe autocorrect is guilty of this one, someone was just too fast to take a screenshot before she could say Jack Robinson. But I no know whether na corper or corp member correct sef.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by divinelove(m): 7:19am On Apr 06, 2017
WiseYoungMan:

Confirmation is usually after two years so be patient b4 u r seen as an agitator n pencilled down for elimination.
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by MrImole: 7:21am On Apr 06, 2017
Increase your value first and make yourself indispensable.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Inkredible(m): 7:24am On Apr 06, 2017
I'm in the same dilemma as you are. I got hired for a specific location apart from the company's HQ thus they say they had a particular pay package exclusive for that only for me to get to know later that I am grossly underpaid compared to others. Yet, I am still expected to report to the HQ to work every Saturday.

The tin just dey vex me scatter. I will just wait till dey are done with the recruitment currently going on at the HQ. Allow a few months for all the recruitment brouhaha to die down, then I will commence my plans.

Op, just apply sense in your case. Study ur company and find out what you can leverage on.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Emu4life(m): 7:24am On Apr 06, 2017
SCAM
Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by Alexk2(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2017
I feel your pain but first thing first, be patient; there is nothing interesting in being unemployed.
What you need to work on is on personal development and making your input relevant. Learn new things that's give you an edge over your colleague while not necessarily competing with anybody....and lastly, dont take the place of prayer lightly; though some here might not undwrstand why this last one is most important but trust me, it works!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Salary Increased by lonelydora: 7:31am On Apr 06, 2017
WiseYoungMan:

God fatherism at play in your organization. Go to HR and politely complain. But they will ask how did you know? Because you are not to disclose your salary in some organisations. Calling people's names also means implicating them. Go help you sha, I know you will win

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car / Question: Roles Of An Bank Office Admin Staff / Wich Engineering Field Is D Best, D Most Recognized,d One Dat Requires More Math

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.