Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) (69743 Views)

Rita Daniels Honoured At 85th Birthday Of Modupe Clara Edozien / Pasuma's Daughter, Odetola Rokeebat Omobolaji Modupe Completes NYSC / Funke Abisogun AlHassan Dies Days After Childbirth (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
cry
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Cchuks27(m): 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
That hospital should be shut down. This needs to be investigated
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
shocked shocked cry cry RIP
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by doubled123(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
Movingcoil:
Quick recovery sister

Quick recovery from death?? undecided
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by kabillion(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
rozayx5:
this maternity mortality rate is high oh
maternity mortality?. It is maternal mortality. Some sense it though when analysed from a "noun" angle.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Victornezzar: 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
tosyne2much:
Eeeehyah... One of the disadvantages of joystick

RIP dear
I know u must say nonsense

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by fergie001: 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
Why is the maternal mortality rate still high in a country like ours?
Prof.Adewole?
Oh God
RIP

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Zulu212: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

Mynd44 ban this guy for talking about gambling while we are talking about death.

Aunty is very bad for u to die. These were caused because of quack doctors in Nigeria.

And am assuring your soul that sai baba will fix the Nigerian hospitals

Sai Baba

what has you vegetable sai baba ever successfully fixed since 2 years and counting? Brainless zombie

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Vorigo: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
I can relate.............To how the child will feel every birthday that comes.

Sorry baby girl, hope you grow up to forgive the situation.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
sugarbelly:
[img]https://2.bp..com/-Svsw0JMSckY/WOUWiA9iJ-I/AAAAAAAAPMc/Kw7w7rRjy-IF6-Dxx4NitwMPIUJU7v_dgCLcB/s400/re.jpeg[/img]

Nollywood loses Modupe Oyekunle, who died yesterday, April 4, 2017, inside the labour room, after giving birth to her 3rd child, a baby girl. May her sould rest in peace. Amen

Source: http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2017/04/nollywood-actress-modupe-oyekunle-dies.html

How does this still happen? I don't get it.
Don't they have emergency protocols?

If a mother is in acute respiratory distress during delivery, activate ACLS. On the same protocol, intubate and provide mech. Ventilatory assist. Move to the OR for CS. Monitor and wean the mother as necessary. A very simple algorithm.
Nigerian medical personnel are fvcktards.

The Ministry of Health should classify health establishments. People build clinics and call them hospitals luring unsuspecting patients to untimely death. A nice edifice does not make a hospital-- there are minimum requirements.
\

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
Victornezzar:

I know u must say nonsense
No vex brother
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by jericco1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
Sorry
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by azimibraun: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
Death is terrible.. Say hello to my mother and father for me. What a loss.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by malware: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
mrsfavour:
loosing life after giving life, oh God ! RIP .

Error 504.... Humans don't give life.

Rephrase. .. . Losing life after giving birth.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by kenoz(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
RIP
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by opribo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
What happened, why didnt they take a cue from bubu, if a whole president runs abraod for common ear infection why should anyone even try to stay here for any medical attention. How can a woman die during childbirth, the civilised world has gone past that type of thing. Once they see that normal delivery is not feasible they cut the person open and bring out the child and everybody is safe but not here in our Naija where equipment to properly examine the status of the child and the mothers health is lacking.

This is another failure in our medical and health care delivery system. Proper investigation should be conducted, it will reveal many things about rot in our healthcare system, by the way which hospital did this happen. I wont be surprised they dont even have common Oxygen tank or trianed personnel. Maybe one private hospital where the MD is all about money over human life.
So sad indeed another one is gone. RIP. So you see why now every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to go abroad to deliver their children, many aint just because of citizenship but to avoid carelessness and systemic failure in that sector.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Saintsquare(m): 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
R.I.P
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

Mynd44 ban this guy for talking about gambling while we are talking about death.

Aunty is very bad for u to die. These were caused because of quack doctors in Nigeria.

Sai Baba

Quack doctors that made the President seek medical attention in the UK?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
RIP
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by emmaliver(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
None of you asked where she died. In a Nigerian hospital or Uk? May her soul rest in peace
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Greatzeus(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
Her watch has ended cry
Life's a bit**h,cos you never know when you gonna go cry
Only remembered for what she has done. What will you be remembered for when you.....
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Promise92(m): 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

Sai Baba

Ode!

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by RaptorX: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
I am sure there will not be an investigation but if it was a white man now our government will start running helter skelter.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Olopsy01(f): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
May Her Gentle Soul Rest In Peace.May God watch over everyone.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by smilingfortune(m): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
Sorry for this!.. Many of these cases occur frequently, even though avoidable. The unborn child could have become so oversized that giving birth to them naturally becomes a nightmare, many resulting in complications leading to death. My good mom thought me a local natural ways of avoiding this before she died some 22 years ago. Imagine the number of lives that could have been saved if our old parents appreciate the benefits of knowledge sharing!.

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
yinkslinks:
Men that don't love their wivies should learn how to now cus not easy to be a woman. Love you all ladies on here including my mom and sisters. RIP MO.
Don't mind them. You are one of the few sensible men around!! smiley
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by FTBOY: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

Sai Baba

so, why couldn't baba fix the hospital and prevent this woman's death? undecided

zombie!!
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by ahahnow: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
Chai I fear pregnancy oo shocked shocked shocked is not by force nao
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
opribo:
What happened, why didnt they take a cue from bubu, if a whole president runs abraod for common ear infection why should anyone even try to stay here for any medical attention. How can a woman die during childbirth, the civilised world has gone past that type of thing. Once they see that normal delivery is not feasible they cut the person open and bring out the child and everybody is safe but not here in our Naija where equipment to properly examine the status of the child and the mothers health is lacking.

This is another failure in our medical and health care delivery system. Proper investigation should be conducted, it will reveal many things about rot in our healthcare system, by the way which hospital did this happen. I wont be surprised they dont even have common Oxygen tank or trianed personnel. Maybe one private hospital where the MD is all about money over human life.
So sad indeed another one is gone. RIP. So you see why now every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to go abroad to deliver their children, many aint just because of citizenship but to avoid carelessness and systemic failure in that sector.
DollarAngel:
At the stage of Nigeria's development we still have high mortality rate during Child delivery, God punish all those looting our money for our Medical sectors, also all the quark doctors in the country, using humans for praticals
Cchuks27:
That hospital should be shut down. This needs to be investigated
InvertedHammer:

How does this still happen? I don't get it.
Don't they have emergency protocols?

If a mother is in acute respiratory distress during delivery, activate ACLS. On the same protocol, intubate and provide mech. Ventilatory assist. Move to the OR for CS. Monitor and wean the mother as necessary. A very simple algorithm.
Nigerian medical personnel are fvcktards.

The Ministry of Health should classify health establishments. People build clinics and call them hospitals luring unsuspecting patients to untimely death. A nice edifice does not make a hospital-- there are minimum requirements.
\

I am quoting all of you guys and gals to tell you, nicely, that you are busy making unfounded assumptions.

At this point, we have no idea of the circumstances surrounding the woman's delivery of her third child. There has been no investigation, no autopsy, no white paper issued, nothing.

Yet, all of you promptly say.....it is due to all them bad Nigerian medical people.

Now, as an insider, I know some of us are not good enough. I know that maternal mortality in Nigeria can be partly explained by negligience.

But I also know that maternal mortlaity happens due to a variety of factors....which I will summarize here.

1.Sometimes, women do not get to hospital on time. Women in this country start antenatal late,or register at one hospital,. and then deliver in another. And soemtimes the hospital with the adequate equipment is far away from the woman.

2.And when you do not register for ANC....health problems that would have been detected and dealt with early...come to deal with us during labour and delivery

3.Sometimes the cause is beyond medicine. I once saw a woman who was rushed to the hospital where I was for an emergency CS. Everything was done. Doctors, Nurses, etc did their part. Yet the woman died. Cause of death...amniotic fluid embolisim. Is that negligence...or something beyond someone's control?

4.And how do we have a good healthcare system, when Nigerians insist on paying peanuts and expect USA level care.? Western world hospitals are super good...because people there pay high taxes to make sure they stay good. And if we started taxing Nigerians that way....there would be riots in the street. So...there isn't enough money to buy all the equipment, train extra hands, etc....and the oil money isn't even enough at $100 per barrel and above.

But what annoys me about your comment is that without getting any facts....you people blame Nigerian medical staff. Now...I know many of us are not good...as I said...but I also know many of us who do a good job despite the circumstances.

I am sad that you my Nigerians can be so judgemental with so little facts. Abeg....park well .

Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by FTBOY: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2017
napoleon77:

Quack doctors that made the President seek medical attention in the UK?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic.
he meant no sarcasm by that post. that's just how he was programmed.
Re: Modupe Oyekunle Dies During Childbirth (Photos) by yinkslinks(m): 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
Trina0936:

Don't mind them. You are one of the few sensible men around!! smiley
My sister any man who doesnt respect women has a sorry case. Sometimes i imagine how my mom carried me for 9months and pulled me out with pains. Not just me, we are 8. I dont joke with my mom.

Tiwa Savage Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today / My Sons Eat Like Godzilla — Jim Iyke Says As He Goes Shopping (Photos) / Rejoice Iwueze Celebrates Her 27th Birthday With Stunning Pictures

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51