Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

What Can I Do To A System That Chock? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Can I Do To A System That Chock? (556 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do To A System That Chock? by koseepaaro(m): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2009
I all in the house.

Though, I'm a computer technician but sometimes most of my clients tells me that their computer shock them whenever they touch the case while it is running or when they want to power it up and their hand mistakenly touch the case.

But what I do tell most of them is that it is due to wrong wiring of the outlet where their computer was connected to that they should try to connect it to another outlet. Most time they tell me that the problem disappear after they connected their computer to another outlet in another location and most of the time, they tell me that the problem is still the same after they change the location where their computer was connected to.

But house, could anyone tell me more things I can ask them to do or do for them whenever they tell me that their computer case chock them?

Thanks in advance.
Re: What Can I Do To A System That Chock? by Obiakara: 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
Try and check the cables in the case and make sure they're no loose ends touching the case
Re: What Can I Do To A System That Chock? by deji2009(m): 12:23am On Dec 29, 2009
koseepaaro:

I all in the house.

Though, I'm a computer technician but sometimes most of my clients tells me that their computer shock them whenever they touch the case while it is running or when they want to power it up and their hand mistakenly touch the case.

But what I do tell most of them is that it is due to wrong wiring of the outlet where their computer was connected to that they should try to connect it to another outlet. Most time they tell me that the problem disappear after they connected their computer to another outlet in another location and most of the time, they tell me that the problem is still the same after they change the location where their computer was connected to.

But house, could anyone tell me more things I can ask them to do or do for them whenever they tell me that their computer case chock them?

Thanks in advance.

Check google for product recall as some models have some know issues.

sparking,blew off etc especially on toshiba series.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.

(1) (Reply)

Google News - The Center Of Information / Wireless Lan. Installation / Why Is It That Some Applications Won't Install

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.