Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) (14515 Views)

300 Medical Consultants Withdraw Services From UCH, University Of Ibadan / The 5 Stages Of Tooth Decay Progression / Death Of UNIBEN Student At UBTH Sparks Students Protest (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:40am On Apr 06, 2017
gadgetsngs:
If u think these consultants are protesting the decay u are wrong , what they are preotesting is the PAY

Quite sad but that is my impression too. The lead complaint about infrastructure is only cover for their salary agitation. They are entitled to that so why not just come out openly and say it? No need pretending they care about infrastructure.
I schooled in ubth, pathology has never had decent infrastructure

2 Likes

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by haywhy1026(m): 7:40am On Apr 06, 2017
This is really pathetic.... we celeberate frivolities in this country and our government always find it difficult to channel resources to what will benefit the masses....

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by azimibraun: 7:43am On Apr 06, 2017
The Doctors put themselves too much above the medical infrastructures in the hospitals for far too long fellow citizens thought all their agitations were about their pay packages alone.
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by rafabenitez: 7:46am On Apr 06, 2017
This can only happen in the zoo.

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2017
uzoclinton:
I keep saying this, this is the price we have to pay for being cowards..... things will never get better until every single Nigerian starts demanding their basic rights.... But no we will never do that, instead we'd rather pray for Nigeria... like say prayer dey work.
Absolutely! Nigerians pray about everything even thieves in nigeria prays before they go thieving grin. It is time for Revolution! But NO! Youths are busy watching BIG brother, Instagram and snapp chats, showing photos of their bottoms on Facebook or posing with their legs bent like the disabled. Or hailing crooks politicians like IBORI on his return from prison. Or discussing photos of Davido with prostitutes. While their country is detoriating

Why do I even bother? It will not affect me and my families we can afford treatments Abroad just like buhari

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Carlmax(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2017
DollarAngel:
What a Failed Nation, Full of thieves

1. Oluesgun Obasanjo – He stole $25 billion from 1999-2007 ($16.4 from power sector alone)

2. Ibrahim Babangida – He stole $15 billion from 1985-1993 ($12.4 billion from oil wind fall in 1990)

3. Abdulsalam Abubakar – He stole $9 billion from 1998-99

4. Sani Abacha – He stole $7 billion from 1993-1998

5. Ahmed Bola Tinubu – He stole and continues to steal from Lagos State treasury since 1999 till date. It’s estimated that he has stolen $6 billion so far.

6. TY Danjuma – He fraudulently got enriched through oil blocks from the Niger Delta worth $20 million in the 70s after the counter coup. Those oil blocks worth billions of dollars in today’s value.

7. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi – He stole $1.2 billion as CBN Governor from 2008-2014.

8. Bukola Saraki – Through his father, Olukola Saraki, their bank, Societe Generale and as a governor of Kwara State (2003-20111) he stole $1.1 billion

9. Nasir El Rufai – Before he was made the FCT Minister, El Rufai was broke, homeless and was
looking for loan to import taxis from the UK. After he was made the minister, he seized landed properties that belonged to Nigerians and resold them with huge profit. It’s estimated that he stole $1 billion from 2003-2007.

10. Tunde Fashola – He is the poster boy of Tinubu. Boht of them looted Lagos dried and left it in debt of about N1 billion. Fashola, among other thing built his personal website for N78 million, drilled borehole for over N100 million per each and built a kilometre road for N1 billion. He stole $900 million from 2007-2015.

Where is Jonathan
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 06, 2017
See bro the situation is even worse than this because that is my state. let 2019 come now and you see a 34 -39 years old young man contest for any political position , it is we the youth that would also say he is not experience enough. then we end up voting for these old men . Adams reaped that state dry as i speak to you now, he did charades with roads and renovation of schools that was all.
uzoclinton:
thats because of the "things go soon better" attitude virtually all Nigerians have...

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by LadyRomance: 7:57am On Apr 06, 2017
Nigerians are dying every day but who cares? Definitely not the government.

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by johntaiwo123(m): 7:58am On Apr 06, 2017
K

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 06, 2017
gadgetsngs:
If u think these consultants are protesting the decay u are wrong , what they are preotesting is the PAY
And what's wrong with paying them decently? They are the people who save lives, they are the people we run to when we are sick, they deserve excellent pay. Perhaps better than politicians

3 Likes

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by dapsoneh: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Same should be done for FMC lokoja

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by DollarAngel(m): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2017
Carlmax:

Where is Jonathan

Was it Johnathan or the Minsters under him
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 06, 2017
gypsey:
Absolutely! Nigerians pray about everything even thieves in nigeria prays before they go thieving grin. It is time for Revolution! But NO! Youths are busy watching BIG brother, Instagram and snapp chats, showing photos of their bottoms on Facebook or posing with their legs bent like the disabled. Or hailing crooks politicians like IBORI on his return from prison. Or discussing photos of Davido with prostitutes. While their country is detoriating

Why do I even bother? It will not affect me and my families we can afford treatments Abroad just like Buhari
Although its true we really need a revolution... it will never happen... the spirit of protest, revolution is squeezed out of the soul of anybody who attends a Nigerian school... if you protest, you are punished, doesn't matter what it was you protested about even if its something as basic as water you'd still be punished.... "No need to protest," things go soon better," a beg I no want trouble" these are the mentality virtually all Nigerian student graduate with.... We have finished

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by ephi123(f): 8:15am On Apr 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:
as long as ur president can go n treat ear infection "in the abroad ",why would he spend money to refurbished the old n decayed facilities we have in our hospitals

these hospitals are made for d poor n middle class (for all they care, they can go n die)

if they make a law prohibiting govt officials from travelling for medical tourism n our president leads by example I bet u, we would be the best in Africa

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 06, 2017
Sisqoman:
i prefer iraq bro? Nigeria no be country my brother.
this is a cassic case of someone jumping from hot water to fire.. instead of Iraq why not Ghana, Mauritius, or even Kenya. compared to Nigeria these places Na heaven
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Zico5(m): 8:21am On Apr 06, 2017
DollarAngel:
What a Failed Nation, Full of thieves

1. Oluesgun Obasanjo – He stole $25 billion from 1999-2007 ($16.4 from power sector alone)

2. Ibrahim Babangida – He stole $15 billion from 1985-1993 ($12.4 billion from oil wind fall in 1990)

3. Abdulsalam Abubakar – He stole $9 billion from 1998-99

4. Sani Abacha – He stole $7 billion from 1993-1998

5. Ahmed Bola Tinubu – He stole and continues to steal from Lagos State treasury since 1999 till date. It’s estimated that he has stolen $6 billion so far.

6. TY Danjuma – He fraudulently got enriched through oil blocks from the Niger Delta worth $20 million in the 70s after the counter coup. Those oil blocks worth billions of dollars in today’s value.

7. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi – He stole $1.2 billion as CBN Governor from 2008-2014.

8. Bukola Saraki – Through his father, Olukola Saraki, their bank, Societe Generale and as a governor of Kwara State (2003-20111) he stole $1.1 billion

9. Nasir El Rufai – Before he was made the FCT Minister, El Rufai was broke, homeless and was
looking for loan to import taxis from the UK. After he was made the minister, he seized landed properties that belonged to Nigerians and resold them with huge profit. It’s estimated that he stole $1 billion from 2003-2007.

10. Tunde Fashola – He is the poster boy of Tinubu. Boht of them looted Lagos dried and left it in debt of about N1 billion. Fashola, among other thing built his personal website for N78 million, drilled borehole for over N100 million per each and built a kilometre road for N1 billion. He stole $900 million from 2007-2015.
Are they all? What of Gej, mama piss, okonjo iweala, Deisani madueke, FFK, etc. PDP people are the most misrable on earth. U failed to mention those that took us to recession. I wonder if u think we masses are fools.
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Fonereporters: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2017
Nothing , but the tradition of using decayed infrastructures as a lead for demanding for pay rise or prpper numeration is wrong.Go to the offices of someofthese consultants , its like heaven on earth , do they furnish those offices with their money? why not channel some to the proper channel
gypsey:
And what's wrong with paying them decently? They are the people who save lives, they are the people we run to when we are sick, they deserve excellent pay. Perhaps better than politicians

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Zico5(m): 8:24am On Apr 06, 2017
billme2345678:
Boost your financial status today!!!!!...see details below
Bro if u have been making this on daily basis, do u need anybody to buy game of 10k from u again. This is common sense o or else something is wrong somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 06, 2017
uzoclinton:
Although its true we really need a revolution... it will never happen... the spirit of protest, revolution is squeezed out of the soul of anybody who attends a Nigerian school... if you protest, you are punished, doesn't matter what it was you protested about even if its something as basic as water you'd still be punished.... "No need to protest," things go soon better," a beg I no want trouble" these are the mentality virtually all Nigerian student graduate with.... We have finished
Absolutely! grin people are dieing of Avoidable situations every day in nigeria, because of fear of brutalisation. All you will hear is GOD HELP US i mean, are nigerians the only people who needs help from God? As I've mentioned earlier until the youths come together be serious and do something nothing! I repeat! Nothing! Will ever! Change!

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Fonereporters:
Nothing , but the tradition of using decayed infrastructures as a lead for demanding for pay rise or prpper numeration is wrong.Go to the offices of someofthese consultants , its like heaven on earth , do they furnish those offices with their money? why not channel some to the proper channel
i see, you make a lot of sense.
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 06, 2017
gypsey:
Absolutely! grin people are dieing of Avoidable situations every day in nigeria, because of fear of brutalisation. All you will hear is GOD HELP US i mean, are nigerians the only people who needs help from God? As I've mentioned earlier until the youths come together be serious and do something nothing! I repeat! Nothing! Will ever! Change!
Thats the bitter truth.... Nigeria will never change... only ignorant people would think otherwise..

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 06, 2017
uzoclinton:
Thats the bitter truth.... Nigeria will never change... only ignorant people would think otherwise..
true! You couldn't have put it any better, it's sad, but i am glad atleast people like you can understand and vision future situation.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2017
Our politician don't care, their hospital are outside Nigeria and they know we will vote for them again in the next election
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 06, 2017
uzoclinton:
and no one is saying anything about it
Actually that has been one of the major reasons why we go on strike but the media always makes the generality believe that it's just for increased pay.
There is no joy in getting all the money without job satisfaction. More than anything else, that's why there is a steady flight of doctors abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by omogin(f): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2017
If this apc government knew what they were doing, devilish people like Ibadin should never hold public office under their govt. I hear he has gone to bribe at the ministry of health to extend his stay after completing 2 tenures.
Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by IBBG(m): 9:48am On Apr 06, 2017
For this people it is more about the money than the infrastructure they are clamouring for, just using the infrastructure as a gloss. Pay them the money they r clamouring for and you see them go back to work gleefully in that same condition without complains. Is it today the infrastructure started decaying. They only realized n woke up when it affected their pay. Moreover what have they done with the little government has been allocating to them, including their internally generated revenue. The level of looting even in govt hospitals is really alarming as well

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by refreshrate: 9:50am On Apr 06, 2017
Dshocker:
Nigerian government pays no attention to health care;people can die for all they care.

shout out to the current weak minister of health "Prof. Isaac Folorunso Adewole"

That one is just a r3tard...come to think of it all the ministers in this administration are!

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by texazzpete(m): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2017
gadgetsngs:

IBBG:
For this people it is more about the money than the infrastructure they are clamouring for, just using the infrastructure as a gloss. Pay them the money they r clamouring for and you see them go back to work gleefully in that same condition without complains. Is it today the infrastructure started decaying. They only realized n woke up when it affected their pay. Moreover what have they done with the little government has been allocating to them, including their internally generated revenue. The level of looting even in govt hospitals is really alarming as well

Fonereporters:

But the FIRST thing on their list of demands is fixing the decay.

The hatred some of you earthworms have for Medical doctors is alarming.

Let them even protest for their pay too. What is your problem with that? You think a demotivated and aggrieved doctor is the best for patients?

You people are perfectly happy when doctors are owed 12 months salary yet complain and whine when your doctor is not the symbol of perfection.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by Predaholic(f): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2017
I have a dream! I do have a dream!! A dream of great hope for the long-suffering, resilient and very hardworking residents of university of Benin teaching hospital.
I have a dream that one day, very very soon, sooner than we envisaged, residents of Ubth will be completely free from the chains of tyranny.
I see this beautiful morning where residents of Ubth are trained under sane and proper conditions. Where we will not be generating the highest revenue yet earning the least nationwide.
I see this day where 1 resident will not do the job meant for 10. I see residents of Ubth sleep in call rooms meant for humans, and not beg for call food as though they're destitutes.
I see residents of Ubth face wholly their academic and occupational pursuits and not drawn into 'contracts of Judas' by divisive entities for selfish reasons.
This beautiful day is very near. Where residents of Ubth will not be ashamed to be in the midst of other residents, because they will be paid at par, they will get their update fees in advance, they will not have to beg to be promoted after passing exams done in unfavourable circumstances.
I have a dream that one day residents will get all that is due them as quickly as they get exit letters.
I see this day where residents will no longer be selectively attacked, and institutional vindictiveness and pettiness will be forgotten like the darkness of the night is, at the brightness of the day.
Men and brethren, This day is here!!!
The tower of Babel could only be stopped through disunity. Our continued unity of purpose is the rising sun of this beautiful day!

1 Like

Re: Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) by skabber2: 11:33am On Apr 06, 2017
They should go and sit down joor. From the list of their demands, it is obvious they are fighting for their pockets.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Response Team In Kwara Transport A Suspected Patient Without PPE / World No Tobacco Day: Seven Diseases Caused By Smoking / How To Test Your Urine For Bacteria Infection And Diabetes At Home For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.