Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Doctors In The House, How Much Exactly Are Consultants Paid? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In The House, How Much Exactly Are Consultants Paid? (2056 Views)

BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State / 300 Medical Consultants Withdraw Services From UCH, University Of Ibadan / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House, How Much Exactly Are Consultants Paid? by webincomeplus(m): 6:55am On Apr 06, 2017
As a medical student, I asked this question severally and I kept getting contrasting answers. Some would say its around N400,000 and some would say it's up to N700,000.

Those in the know should please enlighten me on how much consultants in government hospitals are paid monthly.

NB: I'm just being curious. Residency is NOT in my plans.
Re: Doctors In The House, How Much Exactly Are Consultants Paid? by firstclassmumu: 8:24am On Apr 06, 2017
700+
Re: Doctors In The House, How Much Exactly Are Consultants Paid? by macIB(m): 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
It depends on where you work but the range is btw 400k to 750k. Most FG of Nigeria hosp pay 600k and above e.g. FMC and teaching hospital and they are mostly in the middle belt and Northern Nigeria. Why is this so is because their CMDS are not corrupt like we have in the southern part of Nigeria. But note OAUTHC CMD is the only non-corrupt in the south of Nigeria. That man is a good man. Those that pay para-400k are mostly in the south and are mostly state govt and private medical schools. However the best paying private medical school is Babcock and it is around 550k (that is why the produce good medical students and good hospital care). Most Lagos State consultant earn 400k-450k per month. But in lagos they increase their pay via private practice so you hardly see them complain but you won't see them at their govt work often and this affect govt hosp patient care.
So if u want to earn enough as a medical consultant with just 1 job, try and fine a work in a FG hosp most probably in the northern part of Nigeria. If you can combine 2 or 3 jobs you may want to remain anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors In The House, How Much Exactly Are Consultants Paid? by webincomeplus(m): 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
macIB:
It depends on where you work but the range is btw 400k to 750k. Most FG of Nigeria hosp pay 600k and above e.g. FMC and teaching hospital and they are mostly in the middle belt and Northern Nigeria. Why is this so is because their CMDS are not corrupt like we have in the southern part of Nigeria. But note OAUTHC CMD is the only non-corrupt in the south of Nigeria. That man is a good man. Those that pay para-400k are mostly in the south and are mostly state govt and private medical schools. However the best paying private medical school is Babcock and it is around 550k (that is why the produce good medical students and good hospital care). Most Lagos State consultant earn 400k-450k per month. But in lagos they increase their pay via private practice so you hardly see them complain but you won't see them at their govt work often and this affect govt hosp patient care.
So if u want to earn enough as a medical consultant with just 1 job, try and fine a work in a FG hosp most probably in the northern part of Nigeria. If you can combine 2 or 3 jobs you may want to remain anywhere.
Thanks so much for this expository input.
Re: Doctors In The House, How Much Exactly Are Consultants Paid? by Acecube(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
webincomeplus:
As a medical student, I asked this question severally and I kept getting contrasting answers. Some would say its around N400,000 and some would say it's up to N700,000.

Those in the know should please enlighten me on how much consultants in government hospitals are paid monthly.

NB: I'm just being curious. Residency is NOT in my plans.
you are thinking of opening an hospital?

(1) (Reply)

Masturbation Boosts The Immune System Against Coronavirus – Medical Expert / Jonathan Sacks 16,000 Resident Doctors In Nigeria / Amethyst Health Care And Diagnostic Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.