Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe (619 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Leaked Whereabouts Of Nnamdi Kanu Has Vindicated Our Position, Says IPOB / Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by Omooba77: 9:58am On Apr 06, 2017
Former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe has described his victory at the court yesterday as triumph of light over darkness.

DAILY POST reports that an Abuja High Court Presided over by Justice Olukayode Adeniyi had on Wednesday struck out a six-count charge bordering on alleged complicity in a contract fraud brought against Orubebe.

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) had alleged that the ex-minister was involved in a N1.97billion contract scam while he oversaw the ministry of Niger Delta Affairs under the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

Reacting to the judgment, Orubebe said that he made a covenant with his God never to steal from government nor deprive Niger Deltans of their due.

“I made a vow in 2007 not to disappoint God when I took oath of office to serve my motherland as a minister. Though men were out to ruin me, my Jehovah has vindicated me. In fact, I have seen the goodness of the Lord today,” he said.

Orubebe maintained that he was only an innocent victim, marked to be sacrificed because of his intimate relationship with former President Goodluck Jonathan

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/06/n1-97billion-contract-scam-jehovah-vindicated-orubebe/

1 Like

Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by BeardedMeat(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
Don't just sit there, sue this wicked and clueless government out of existence!
Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by Omooba77: 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Don't just sit there, sue this wicked and clueless government out of existence!

APC na scam; many of the media trials have ended in loss; by the time this government is through, many will not remember their names or villages

2 Likes

Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by Daviddson(m): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
They have arrived. See them^^^ grin grin grin
They'll just read news headlines and begin forming baseless opinions. FYI, it was the FG who asked the court to close the case because the FG withdrew the charges.
Trial Justice Olukayode Adeniyi further discharged and acquitted the defendants, after the charge was withdrawn by the prosecution. - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/breaking-court-acquits-orubebe-alleged-n1-97bn-contract-scam/
It's traditional for a judge to pronounce a former suspect discharged and acquitted after the prosecution withdraws the charges (either due to plea bargain entered into by the prosecution and accused or because the prosecution wants to consolidate the charges) . They didn't say he was tried and found innocent!

3 Likes

Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by Marotzke(m): 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2017
Daviddson:
They have arrived. See them^^^ grin grin grin
They'll just read news headlines and begin forming baseless opinions. FYI, it was the FG who asked the court to close the case because the FG withdrew the charges.
It's traditional for a judge to pronounce a former suspect discharged and acquitted after the prosecution withdraws the charges (either due to plea bargain entered into by the prosecution and accused or because the prosecution wants to consolidate the charges) . They didn't say he was tried and found innocent!
You are being clever by half. The prosecution withdrew the charges ,because the money deemed to have been embezelled, was still in the government accounts ,unexpended.
Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by Omooba77: 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
Marotzke:
You are being clever by half. The prosecution withdrew the charges ,because the money deemed to have been embezelled, was still in the government accounts ,unexpended.
You mind them, withdrew because of shame. How can you say someone embezzled money that has not been expended....Many of us Nigerians are shallow minded defending what cannot be
Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by pressplay411(m): 3:36am On Apr 07, 2017
This is why I lost faith in church. How can a criminal be thanking Jehova when he knows he's as guilty as a thief, and thunder didn't strike him instantly?!

1 Like

Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by igbosupremacist: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2017
buhari is a national cancer that must be cut off but Yoruba Muslims won't agree
Re: N1.97BN Contract Scam: My Jehovah Has Vindicated Me -Orubebe by Omooba77: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2017
igbosupremacist:
buhari is a national cancer that must be cut off but Yoruba Muslims won't agree

Not about a tribe; but reality. Rule of law must be obeyed, this government has not demonstrated tenacity of democracy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mother Of Nigerian Soldier Going Blind After Boko Haram Killed Her Only Son / Arc. Shehu Tukur Sympathizes With Victims Of Flood In Keffi. - Nasarawareports / Osun 2018: I Have Not Picked My Successor Yet – Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.