Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

"North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" (35975 Views)

Two Nigerians, 17 Others Arrested In Malaysia Over Romance Scam Of $19 Million / Benue Set For Mass Burial Of Two Priests, 17 Others (PHOTO) / North Korea Hacks Nigerian Banks To Fund Nuclear Programme‎ – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by pepemendy(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
this thing weak me sha
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by k9ine(m): 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
You call N. Korea common?
Ask South Korea, US, and china if N. Korea is.

OXCUBA:
CYBER CRIME..... See COMMON NORTH KOREA .... AND EFCC NO GO ALLOW YAHOO BOYZ DRINK WATER DROP CUP.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by phreakabit(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
new2012:

I'll take your insult lightly, its a virtue of your upbringing. You dont know jack abt anything obviously. It was not unnoticed nor unreported (its nobody's fault if you dont read or keep abreast with global events), the hack wasnt successful in Nigerian banks, though 'success' is relative in this context. And they dont use vulnerabilities as u know them, they run APTs, Lazarus isn't new, they've been on for years, they hacked Sony- if u remember, they only went financial last year, they breached Bangladesh towards taking money from the US federal reserve and till date 70M usd is still missing. Their major target is banks in Asia, Nigeria don't do such enormous transfers out of the country so its easy to detect.

Sometimes, keep quiet and conceal your ignorance.

You seem emotionally hurt. . Are you ok?
Keep spewing incoherent bullshit in a bid to cover up your intellectual inadequacies, or should I say your apparent inability to comprehend.
Talking about softwares and all this BS!
Lazarus, APTs and all of that laughable crap! You are either a script kiddie, a poorly trained IT professional like the ones I mentioned or one of those guys who knows nothing and simply reads what he finds on the internet. The real professionals don't use any of those BS you typed there. A remote vulnerability in the server/database must be exploited to deliver a payload, which is most times coded from scratch to achieve the title "UNSEEN" and evade Anti-Viruses/ Anti-intrusion systems. You should do your homework and familiarize yourself with MSF and Exploits-db to know more about whats going on in security, even with those, you'd still be way behind.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Efewestern: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
you guys are just ignorant about how the western countries work.. they are now painting North Korea bad, funny.. next they will say they are developing weapon of mass destruction.

just because north Korea are not doing slavery to them
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Realzikkist(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
undecided nothing pesin no go hear,,,,even N.Korea of ysterday,nt even there snr bros at d South.....well,oya EFCC,DSS and all those witch-hunters,it's tym,gt 2 work,ASAP!
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Jasper14(m): 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
OK na..
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by joinnow: 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
Efewestern:
you guys are just ignorant about how the western countries work.. they are now painting North Korea bad, funny.. next they will say they are developing weapon of mass destruction.

just because north Korea are not doing slavery to them

It's not the west that is painting North Korea black.
It's is Russia that release the statement and they are not know for conspiracy

1 Like

Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by cloudyskygrind(m): 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
soberdrunk:
Its time we assemble our team of "Yahoo boys" to teach North Korea a lesson, by the time our boys finish with them the "North" and "K" go commot from their country name, thier new name will be "OREA" angry
You're naive and ignorant. Those so called Yahoo boys are useless against north Korean hackers. You think it's a joke? Those guys can hack and shut down all the institutions in Nigeria.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Emanodimo(m): 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
that is serious oh
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by evexx1(f): 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
Seriously?
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 07, 2017
maclatunji:

Your post is deplorable. Of what use are Yahoo boys against hackers?
You dont know much about hacking. The greatest hacking right now is social hacking which is exactly what yahoo boys are involved in. Yahoo boys are a talent untapped. Or how did you think fappening hacking (google it) happened. Pure social hackening that took apple servers down.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Leiman100(m): 3:40am On Apr 07, 2017
this is a big lie cooked by western power to gain support to attack North Korea. they are masters of these type of game since time immemorial to jistify war.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by new2012: 4:52am On Apr 07, 2017
phreakabit:

You seem emotionally hurt. . Are you ok?
Keep spewing incoherent bullshit in a bid to cover up your intellectual inadequacies, or should I say your apparent inability to comprehend.
Talking about softwares and all this BS!
Lazarus, APTs and all of that laughable crap! You are either a script kiddie, a poorly trained IT professional like the ones I mentioned or one of those guys who knows nothing and simply reads what he finds on the internet. The real professionals don't use any of those BS you typed there. A remote vulnerability in the server/database must be exploited to deliver a payload, which is most times coded from scratch to achieve the title "UNSEEN" and evade Anti-Viruses/ Anti-intrusion systems. You should do your homework and familiarize yourself with MSF and Exploits-db to know more about whats going on in security, even with those, you'd still be way behind.

Sincere apologies, I thought I was exchanging words with a professional. Initially you claimed Lazarus evaded detections, I explained that it's only your mindset. Now you're talking AV, IPS/IDS, etc, most are signature based and all recent attacks utilizes APTs, you can't exploit what you can't access. FYI most hackings are done by script kiddies, criminals and non professionals, professionals are usually involved in controlled hacking -whitehat! Lastly, if hacking is all abt exploiting vulnerabilities, you won't even detect most as the Firewalls and IPS will 'stand in the way'. Payload are designed specifically for an event, so except you're using a generic hack, you have to write yours and you just dont throw it at any vulnerability you find. You do know about hacking of 1990s though, however, the world have moved on and you should too.

You seem to use insults as a way of hiding your mental deficiencies and you equally have issues with professionals in the field. Is it envy that made you so angry at them? To the point you wish they loose their jobs? Except in developing countries, otherwise when there's an hack, its management that looses their jobs, not the professionals.. Face your field bro, don't intrude on what youre not capable of understanding.

NB: 'Lazarus' is the codename of the hacking group from NorthKorea, APT-Advanced Persistent Threats are newer methods of getting into an environment, evading antiviruses, firewalls and IPS. Now, because you've never heard of something doesn't make it laughable.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by new2012: 4:54am On Apr 07, 2017
12inches1:

You dont know much about hacking. The greatest hacking right now is social hacking which is exactly what yahoo boys are involved in. Yahoo boys are a talent untapped. Or how did you think fappening hacking (google it) happened. Pure social hackening that took apple servers down.

This is a joke right? Yahoo boys don't hack.

Social engineering could be used to hack but its not hacking on its own.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Myself2(m): 5:10am On Apr 07, 2017
phreakabit:
Where are all those IT security experts, RED teams and Pen-testers hired by the banks?
All those quacks we see on TV wearing expensive suits, with legs crossed speaking IT lingo and using technical jargon.
Bunch of fucking quacks
Someones about to lose their job. LMAO!

My thoughts exactly
The banks should pay premium money for top notch software and anti hacking protocols
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by BiggyBamBam: 5:23am On Apr 07, 2017
BiggyBamBam:
So with all the 419 brain of Nigerians, someone somewhere can still hack into the country?

The government should as a matter of urgency set up a Cyber Defense Unit and have intelligent younsters who would not only defend the country against Cyber attack but also strike when necessary.

There are talents in Nigeria and the quicker they are harnessed, the better!
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by ajepako(f): 7:10am On Apr 07, 2017
shumuel:

shocked For real ? Money wey never reach us, N.korea they steal, chai! Nigeria who we offend ? UK, USA, China, NASS,, PDP, APC, now N.korea don join, there is God ooo sad

This got me cracking...

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2017
olrotimi:
These Koreans got no chill. As usual, our inept government would sleep over this. We go just wake up one morning to see say CBN is on "cashless policy" and our foreign reserve has only 5billa left grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaahaha

Some people ehhhhh
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 07, 2017
Bobbyjay001:
Why dem no kukuma print more money to finance their nuclear programme?
U need money to print money na.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by lordm(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2017
DeRay98:

How much you get for account sef? angry
it's not about how much I have. That's the agreement they presented and consented to when I opened my account. You are being cheated and you know it. They always say thier huge profits. Let them give the interest.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:13am On Apr 07, 2017
Na so?
Luiz1:
U need money to print money na.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by whitebeard(m): 8:38am On Apr 07, 2017
AntiWailer:
Hack ko.

They are looking for more economic sanctions against North Korea from neutral folks.

Any way, we dey here no shaking.
i like ur post
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by phreakabit(m): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2017
new2012:

Sincere apologies, I thought I was exchanging words with a professional. Initially you claimed Lazarus evaded detections, I explained that it's only your mindset. Now you're talking AV, IPS/IDS, etc, most are signature based and all recent attacks utilizes APTs, you can't exploit what you can't access. FYI most hackings are done by script kiddies, criminals and non professionals, professionals are usually involved in controlled hacking -whitehat! Lastly, if hacking is all abt exploiting vulnerabilities, you won't even detect most as the Firewalls and IPS will 'stand in the way'. Payload are designed specifically for an event, so except you're using a generic hack, you have to write yours and you just dont throw it at any vulnerability you find. You do know about hacking of 1990s though, however, the world have moved on and you should too.

You seem to use insults as a way of hiding your mental deficiencies and you equally have issues with professionals in the field. Is it envy that made you so angry at them? To the point you wish they loose their jobs? Except in developing countries, otherwise when there's an hack, its management that looses their jobs, not the professionals.. Face your field bro, don't intrude on what youre not capable of understanding.

NB: 'Lazarus' is the codename of the hacking group from NorthKorea, APT-Advanced Persistent Threats are newer methods of getting into an environment, evading antiviruses, firewalls and IPS. Now, because you've never heard of something doesn't make it laughable.

The emboldened gives you away as one of the aforementioned zombie intellectual who call themselves experts. . .
If you think all experts are White or greyhat then you are mentally handicapped. . . eternally!
Go do your research then comeback and talk to me when you are more knowledgeable.
vulnerabilities and exploits are found everyday! Even on recently patched machines.
Security is an illusion and that's why experts should always be on the edge and never trust the last patch,security configuration or update.

And now school is in session noob:

APT or Advanced persistent threat according to Wiki:
WIKI: An advanced persistent threat is a set of stealthy and continuous computer hacking processes, often orchestrated by a person or persons targeting a specific entity. An APT usually targets either private organizations, states or both for business or political motives.

If you think these were used in attacks of this magnitude you are a clown!
This is for Scriptkids using things like .chm,.xls and other exploits I won't, mention to attack vulnerable targets, who haven't gotten the latest security patch, even in cases where security patches have been implemented The human element can still be considered a vulnerability.
A true professional would look for an "unseen" vulnerability to exploit in his target.
"Experts" like you wouldn't have any idea about what independent pen-testers do, they look for vulnerabilities on websites that can easily be exploited to gain access to the back end, to collect a bounty from the affected company in return for showing the vulnerability to them.
A simple example would be XSS injection or SQL injection. Just some months ago I read a post online where someone bragged about coding from scratch something that could bypass UAC exploiting a vulnerability in windows, and you are here talking about BS.

APTs are "so recent" they are as recent as 2005 LMAO when they where first mentioned!!! LWKMD!
Meaning they might have been in operation underground (in the wild) for a lot longer.

NB: Lazarus does not exist. . . Quit deceiving yourself and believing everything you read.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by shumuel(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2017
ajepako:

This got me cracking...

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

Lol grin it's a serious matter but what else can we do other than to humor it to keep our sanity, they want to finish Nigeria sad
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by babaireti(m): 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
Could anyone pls tell my Wife to race down to the bank with my ATM before Kim Boys finish me patapata
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by maclatunji: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
12inches1:

North Korea has little almost non-existent social contacts with Nigerians. Your Yahoo Boys are as useless as a basket is for fetching water as a tool of retaliation against North Korea.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by new2012: 10:49am On Apr 08, 2017
phreakabit:

The emboldened gives you away as one of the aforementioned zombie intellectual who call themselves experts. . .
If you think all experts are White or greyhat then you are mentally handicapped. . . eternally!
Go do your research then comeback and talk to me when you are more knowledgeable.
vulnerabilities and exploits are found everyday! Even on recently patched machines.
Security is an illusion and that's why experts should always be on the edge and never trust the last patch,security configuration or update.

And now school is in session noob:

APT or Advanced persistent threat according to Wiki:
WIKI: An advanced persistent threat is a set of stealthy and continuous computer hacking processes, often orchestrated by a person or persons targeting a specific entity. An APT usually targets either private organizations, states or both for business or political motives.

If you think these were used in attacks of this magnitude you are a clown!
This is for Scriptkids using things like .chm,.xls and other exploits I won't, mention to attack vulnerable targets, who haven't gotten the latest security patch, even in cases where security patches have been implemented The human element can still be considered a vulnerability.
A true professional would look for an "unseen" vulnerability to exploit in his target.
"Experts" like you wouldn't have any idea about what independent pen-testers do, they look for vulnerabilities on websites that can easily be exploited to gain access to the back end, to collect a bounty from the affected company in return for showing the vulnerability to them.
A simple example would be XSS injection or SQL injection. Just some months ago I read a post online where someone bragged about coding from scratch something that could bypass UAC exploiting a vulnerability in windows, and you are here talking about BS.

APTs are "so recent" they are as recent as 2005 LMAO when they where first mentioned!!! LWKMD!
Meaning they might have been in operation underground (in the wild) for a lot longer.

NB: Lazarus does not exist. . . Quit deceiving yourself and believing everything you read.

Dude, you could have just kept quiet and look Intelligent and not type the above to remove all doubt.

The hacks were on SWIFT network, you think its a website? You think you do cross site scripting or run SQL injections on it? By virtue of WAF, some interceptors and 'caching', most of these so-called vulnerabilities are concealed.

If you're tech inclined, drop the insults and let's argue tech, be matured to discuss what you know, drop Wikipedia and googling. And drop the childish insults except you're a kid.

Cyrptolockers that you try to explain uses different mechanisms (malwares, zero day attacks, phishing, etc) to get access to an environment then encrypt the target asset -DB, host, client, sercee etc before demanding for ransom. 'XSS injection'? You inject cross site scripting? Bro google properly. .xls? Lol!

Independent pen testers must be ethical, they can't just go scanning while lookin for vulnerabilities, if they scan your infrastructure, you can jail them, it's theft, that makes them criminals not experts. Penetration testing are controlled, not some random guy somewhere scanning your infrastructure, if you have the resources and pursue him legally, you'll jail him.

One important factor in hacking is 'gaining access into', whether by virtue of vulnerabilities, social engineering, unchanged default credentials or any other way, so escalated privileges, payloads and co are secondary. The last important thing is stealth and cleaning up ur tracks.. There are lots of stuffs in between.

Again, check and see, all recent known hacks were not by virtue of computer vulnerabilities, APTs were used, sending malwares for zero day attacks, social engineering to gain credentials etc.

I do not claim to be a professional or an expert and I'm still open to learning from you, if you want to lecture me, come up with superior knowledge and arguments not some retarded googling and wikis. You only end up confusing yourself. This is a tech talk, come up with superior knowledge not using insult as a bargaining chip.

NB: try and read your explanation on APT and understand it; Equally u need to know what a script Kid, white hart, black and grey hart are. 'Lazarus' is a code name, but if you feel it dont exist because the chair you sit told you so, fine! Dude, there are lots of newer methods in APT. You seem to still be in the 90s.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by new2012: 10:55am On Apr 08, 2017
maclatunji:

North Korea has little almost non-existent social contacts with Nigerians. Your Yahoo Boys are as useless as a basket is for fetching water as a tool of retaliation against North Korea.

Stop arguing with someone that has no clue.. Go and argue with ur mate juur and not with a kid. How can yahoo boys whose only tool is social engineering and deceit fight hackers or a country that control social media?

Even our hackers and experts are useless in this matter. Our experts in the field only do defensive. the tools, the devices etc are only defensive. Those on the offensive in Nigeria are rare. Our security generally is flawed, even physical security-say less IT. Our government don't even believe IT requires security. What's the law against hacking? Not sure any exist except when financial advantage is involved or something.
Re: "North Korea Hacking Banks In Nigeria, 17 Others To Fund Nuclear Programme" by bwise4godfwc: 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
No wahala, a reprisal attack on my mind after my course on "Hacking"...I go even hack govt join... Men are no more smiling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lockdown: South Africans Clash With Police Over Food / Ebuka: Man Commits Suicide A Month To His Wedding / Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.