Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,517 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Please Help Me In this sitauation - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help Me In this sitauation (461 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me In this sitauation by Nad95: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good day, the gurus in this section.
I am not a website designer neither do I understand the web codes ish.
I want to sell a domain name to a PROSPECTIVE BUYER but the prospective buyer asked the following questions which I don't really have answers to, so I came to this section to see if I could find help here. Here go the questions:

"So, right now, all of my websites are hosted by Bluehost, who I also have my domains registered with.
Number 1. If I buy this domain from you, how does that work? I don’t have to register it with you, do I?
Number 2. Can I just have it parked with Blue Host, having it point and be redirected to my current website?
Also, how does it help me to have that domain name if I don’t advertise it? Number 3. For example, if somebody goes on Google and puts in the keywords "US city body sculpting” I don’t necessarily show up first for them unless I do SEO on it, right?

The domain name is registered at namesilo. I understand that I can do a push to his namesilo account. According to Moz dot-com, Permanent redirecting which is 301 redirect(recommended for SEO) will work best for him if he plans to redirect the domain name to his main website and not to build a new one. Namesilo does a permanent redirect. If he wants to redirect on Bluehost, a transfer has to be made in the domain name.

My major question is if he redirects the domain name permanently using 301 redirect, will it hurt the main website rankings or remains the same in google search and also will his current website or the new domain name(UScitybodysculpting.com when the keywords of the website are typed) I am selling to him show on page 1 on google or any other search engines.

Thanks.
Re: Please Help Me In this sitauation by Dujardin(m): 7:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hi according to your question

1. he'll hav to do a transfer of domain... he will need to initiate the transfer from his own account and then require u to go and generate a code EEP code from ur own account. You will send him the code to complete the transfer.

2. After the transfer, your client needs to change the nameservers of that domain to point to the host where his website files are. After doing that, he will then be able to pack the domain.
Re: Please Help Me In this sitauation by Nad95: 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
Dujardin:
Hi according to your question

1. he'll hav to do a transfer of domain... he will need to initiate the transfer from his own account and then require u to go and generate a code EEP code from ur own account. You will send him the code to complete the transfer.

2. After the transfer, your client needs to change the nameservers of that domain to point to the host where his website files are. After doing that, he will then be able to pack the domain.

My major question is if he redirects the domain name permanently using 301 redirect, will it hurt the main website rankings or remains the same in google search and also will his current website or the new domain name(UScitybodysculpting.com when the keywords of the website are typed) I am selling to him show on page 1 on google or any other search engines.

Thanks.
help with the above question.
Re: Please Help Me In this sitauation by Sanuzi(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2017
Lets Talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

We are expert in
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
*SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site Expert
*Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
*Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
*Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
*Open Source Website Development & Customization / CMS Integration (Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, etc)
*E-commerce Website Development (magento, Opencart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart integration etc)
*SEO (Get Your Website Top Ranking in Google.
*Mobile Application (iOS & Android)
*An expert in CCTV,CAR Tracker&Biometric Services

(1) (Reply)

Please Rate This Blog, What Do You Think? / 10% Off Shared Hosting | Free Website Migration - Webohost / How Can I Get A Cool Template On My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.