Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (723138 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by SoliuBnAbuRizqa: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
Dkfpaul:
jamb does not accept it,i did same mistake last year choosing them wit my nabteb result unknowing that dey dnt use to accept it
Thanks bro. Please since you will register tomorrow help me check if Nabteb is on d list. Just to be sure and find an alternative. Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by whalesz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Jacktheripper:

I don't get your point please clarify

I FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO INPUT MY FIVE RELEVANT WAEC SUBJECTS. AS A RESULT OF THE SUBJECT DROP DOWN ONLY SHOWING TWO RELEVANT SUBJECTS;ENGLISH AND GEOGRAPHY. AS THE REMAINING LAST DROP DOWNS NOT SHOWING SCIENCE SUBJECTS INCLUDING MATHEMATICS, BIOLOGY AND PHYSICS [AS IN MY CASE]

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
SoliuBnAbuRizqa:

Thanks bro. Please since you will register tomorrow help me check if Nabteb is on d list. Just to be sure and find an alternative. Thanks

Nabteb isn't on the list

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DRZAY(m): 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
SoliuBnAbuRizqa:

Good day bros. Nabteb exam is not among the list of exam bodies when registering. It only waec, neco and foreign exam bodies that is being found.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
whalesz:

I FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO INPUT MY FIVE RELEVANT WAEC SUBJECTS. AS A RESULT OF THE SUBJECT DROP DOWN ONLY SHOWING TWO RELEVANT SUBJECTS;ENGLISH AND GEOGRAPHY. AS THE REMAINING LAST DROP DOWNS NOT SHOWING SCIENCE SUBJECTS INCLUDING MATHEMATICS, BIOLOGY AND PHYSICS [AS IN MY CASE]

Do u mind messaging me on whatsapp to see if we can iron it out

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
SoliuBnAbuRizqa:

SoliuBnAbuRizqa:

SoliuBnAbuRizqa:

ok

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by SoliuBnAbuRizqa: 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
DRZAY:
Good day bros. Nabteb exam is not among the list of exam bodies when registering. It only waec, neco and foreign exam bodies that is being found.
God bless! Really appreciate
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 16, 2017
whalesz:
And I also heard that JAMB instructed every candidate to re-upload o'level result
Even with those who didn't indicate awaiting result before?
How true
??

Yes bro,
the website has been modified
now you can upload your results with the actual grades(A1,B2, B3...... C6) and a scanned copy of your O'level results will be attached.
Thanks.

it cost just a token #200
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Mobuoy19: 7:16am On Sep 16, 2017
Good morning guys, please I need help with these questions.

1. Th highest point of a simple pendulum bob is 5cmvertically above the lowest point as it swings to and fro between the extreme ends. At what velocity does it swing past the equilibrium point where the string is vertical?

2. A force of 20N applied parallel to the surface of a horizontal table is just sufficient to make a block of mas 4kg set for motion. Find the acceleration when the force is doubled.

3. A physics student standing on the edge of a cliff throws a stone vertically downward with an initial speed of 10m/s. The instant before the stone hits the ground below, it id travelling at a speed of 30m/s. If the student were to throw the rock horizontally outward from the cliff instead, with the same initial speed of 10m/s. What is the magnitude of the velocity of the stone just before it hits the ground?

4. A body rolls down a slope from a height of 100m. It's velocity the foot of the slope is 20m/s. What percentage of its essential potential energy is converted into kinetic energy.

5. 5g of hydrated salt of barium when heated to a constant weight gave 4.26g of anhydrous salt with a molecular weight 208. The number of molecules of water of crystallisation in the hydrated salt is?

Please someone should me, I sincerely apologise for bombarding you with these questions. I just need help and there's no where else I can get it from.

Thank you.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 7:19am On Sep 16, 2017
Mobuoy19:

1. Th highest point of a simple pendulum bob is 5cmvertically above the lowest point as it swings to and fro between the extreme ends. At what velocity does it swing past the equilibrium point where the string is vertical?

2. A force of 20N applied parallel to the surface of a horizontal table is just sufficient to make a block of mas 4kg set for motion. Find the acceleration when the force is doubled.

3. A physics student standing on the edge of a cliff throws a stone vertically downward with an initial speed of 10m/s. The instant before the stone hits the ground below, it id travelling at a speed of 30m/s. If the student were to throw the rock horizontally outward from the cliff instead, with the same initial speed of 10m/s. What is the magnitude of the velocity of the stone just before it hits the ground?

4. A body rolls down a slope from a height of 100m. It's velocity the foot of the slope is 20m/s. What percentage of its essential potential energy is converted into kinetic energy.

5. 5g of hydrated salt of barium when heated to a constant weight gave 4.26g of anhydrous salt with a molecular weight 208. The number of molecules of water of crystallisation in the hydrated salt is?

Please someone should me, I sincerely apologise for bombarding you with these questions. I just need help and there's no where else I can get it from.

Thank you.

Where did u see all these questions
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Mobuoy19: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2017
Jacktheripper:

Where did u see all these questions

I got some from the practice questions and the others from another set of past questions.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 9:16am On Sep 16, 2017
ennydammy11:
calculating without using a calculator makes d exam more interesting
makes you waste alot of time rather
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 9:22am On Sep 16, 2017
1. KE is converted to PE

½mv² = mgh

v² = 2gh.

h = 5cm = 0.05m

v² = 2(10)0.05

v = √1

v = 1ms-¹

2, the acceleration doubles when the force doubles, since the mass is kept constant.

3. y = vertical component, x = horizontal component

V² = U² + 2gh

30² - 10² = 2gh

h = 40m.

H = ½gt²

40 = ½(10)t²

t = 2√2s. ( time taken for the journey)

Now to the ball thrown horizontally,

Vx = Ux = 10ms-¹

Vy = Uy + gt..

Uy = 0, since the ball was thrown horizontally, the vertical component is zero

Vy = 10(2√2)

Vy = 20√2ms-¹

V = √(Vx² + Vy²)

V = √(10²) + (20√2)²

V = √(100 + 800)

V = √(900)

V = 30ms-¹

4. KE = ½mv² = ½m(20²)

KE = 200m

PE = mgh = m(100)10

PE = 1000m

% = 200m/1000m × 100

m cancels out with annoyance..

% = 0.2 × 100

% = 20%

5. mass of water = 5 - 4.26 = 0.74g

mass of anhydrous salt = 4.26g

Mass of water/mass of anhydrous salt = 18x/molar mass of salt

0.74/4.26 = 18x/208

x ≈ 2( the number of molecules of water)
Mobuoy19:

Thank you.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 16, 2017
samuelizz:

1. KE is converted to PE

½mv² = mgh

v² = 2gh.

h = 5cm = 0.05m

v² = 2(10)0.05

v = √1

v = 1ms-¹

2, the acceleration doubles when the force doubles, since the mass is kept constant.

3. y = vertical component, x = horizontal component

V² = U² + 2gh

30² - 10² = 2gh

h = 40m.

H = ½gt²

40 = ½(10)t²

t = 2√2s. ( time taken for the journey)

Now to the ball thrown horizontally,

Vx = Ux = 10ms-¹

Vy = Uy + gt..

Uy = 0, since the ball was thrown horizontally, the vertical component is zero

Vy = 10(2√2)

Vy = 20√2ms-¹

V = √(Vx² + Vy²)

V = √(10²) + (20√2)²

V = √(100 + 800)

V = √(900)

V = 30ms-¹

4. KE = ½mv² = ½m(20²)

KE = 200m

PE = mgh = m(100)10

PE = 1000m

% = 200m/1000m × 100

m cancels out with annoyance..

% = 0.2 × 100

% = 20%

5. mass of water = 5 - 4.26 = 0.74g

mass of anhydrous salt = 4.26g

Mass of water/mass of anhydrous salt = 18x/molar mass of salt

0.74/4.26 = 18x/208

x ≈ 2( the number of molecules of water)
2)
Frictional force, Fr= 20N (the horizontal force just sufficient to set the block in motion)

Applied force, F = 40N (when the initial force is doubled)

Net force/Accelerating force,

Fa =F - Fr= 40 - 20 = 20N

Mass, m = 4kg

Acceleration, a = ?

Recall that, net force, Fa = m*a

Therefore, 20 = 4a

a = 20/4

a = 5m/s²
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by luvbro(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2017
fellow aspirants pls i need clarification on the attestation stuff pls how do i go about it?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2017
Ajet001:

2)
Frictional force, Fr= 20N (the horizontal force just sufficient to set the block in motion)

Mass, m = 4kg

Acceleration, a = ?

Therefore, 20 = 4a

a = 20/4

a = 5m/s²

Ese sir
cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 11:29am On Sep 16, 2017
luvbro:
fellow aspirants pls i need clarification on the attestation stuff pls how do i go about it?

Attestation? Just confirm you submitted genuine documents and information.
Its not something complicated.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 11:36am On Sep 16, 2017
Please a friend of mine had D7 in phy in his result and he wants to go to the medical line. Will he be admitted for that course if he meets the required cut off mark in post utme?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
No
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2017
Seunvense:
*ARE YOU AN ASPIRANT OF THE GREAT UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN?*
�Do you want to make *ground-breaking* scores and *beat* existing records in the forthcoming Post UTME exam?
�Let us help you achieve ��your dreams.
▶Register with us for a comprehensive and intensive tutorial session Where �
✅we will prepare you adequately for the task
✅You will be taught by *GURUS* who have set excellent records�
✅We give out free packages and materials that will help you Score above your expectation!
✅ we will teach you *smart and fast* ways of solving questions *without any calculator*.
*CHOOSE EXPERIENCE CHOOSE EXCELLENCE*
�� _It's not by just passing the exam,it's by scoring the highest possible mark_ ��
For more details and to register, contact Dan @ 0810 770 9209
Mololuwa@08148378559
Email:theparagontutors@gmail.com
pls i need ur advice.
During my utme i fill in govt,lit.crs and english, for political science
and the olevel combination am about to use is math,eng,lit,econs and govt.
My question is these:
1.is it compulsory to do econs in utme for all social science course?
2.is my combiantion(govt,eng,lit,crs) acceptable for pol.science in utme?
3.hope it doesnt mean if i shul substitute crs for economics in my olevel even though i didnt do econs in utme for political science??
Pls i urgently need ur sincere reply sir.(thanks)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
Ajet001:

Yes bro,
the website has been modified
now you can upload your results with the actual grades(A1,B2, B3...... C6) and a scanned copy of your O'level results will be attached.
Thanks.

it cost just a token #200
pls i need ur advice.
My question is these:
3.hope it doesnt mean if i shul substitute crs for economics in my olevel even though i didnt do econs in utme for political science??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2017
Dkfpaul:
pls i need ur advice.
My question is these:

Arts
History B.A Combined Honours (History and Political Science)

UTME
English Language, History and / or Government, Lit-In-English and any of CRK/IRS, Economics and Geography.

O'LEVEL
5 ‘O’ level credits at ONE sitting or 6 ‘O’ level credits at TWO sittings to include English Language, and any of Religious Studies, Government, Economics, History, and any other subject from Arts and Social Sciences.
IBADAN accepts at least a pass in Mathematics.

I hope this help.

Thanks.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
Ajet001:

Arts
History B.A Combined Honours (History and Political Science)

UTME
English Language, History and / or Government, Lit-In-English and any of CRK/IRS, Economics and Geography.

O'LEVEL
5 ‘O’ level credits at ONE sitting or 6 ‘O’ level credits at TWO sittings to include English Language, and any of Religious Studies, Government, Economics, History, and any other subject from Arts and Social Sciences.
IBADAN accepts at least a pass in Mathematics.

I hope this help.

Thanks.
yes..pls,is it compulsory to fill in economics in my olevel combinations for pol.sci??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
Dkfpaul:
yes..pls,is it compulsory to fill in economics in my olevel combinations for pol.sci??
it's not compulsory.,
based on what I saw on their website it's any of Religious studies, Government and Economics
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
Dkfpaul:
pls i need ur advice.
My question is these:

pls check http://ui.edu.ng/content/advertisement-course-requirements it's urgent
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hardebaryor:
Please a friend of mine had D7 in phy in his result and he wants to go to the medical line. Will he be admitted for that course if he meets the required cut off mark in post utme?
Please somebody rhould answer this. Aand then i will like to ask if there is anybody that has received any message about the exam date because i am scared oo
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hardebaryor:

He needs a minimum credit pass in physics.
Even if he scale through the hurdles of post utme and departmental cutoff, he will still be disqualified during clearance.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

He needs a minimum credit pass in physics.
Even if he scale through the hurdles of post utme and departmental cutoff, he will still be disqualified during clearance.

I stand to be corrected.
you're right sir cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks a lot @ajet, oldfoolnigger
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by hydee123(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
Get University of Ibadan practice questions ....
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
Ajet001:

2)

Mass, m = 4kg

Acceleration, a = ?

Therefore, 20 = 4a

a = 20/4

a = 5m/s²

Guy,wetin be your score for jamb?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
afoobabs:
makes you waste alot of time rather
datz where d real screening lies

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.