Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (723457 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 10:03am On Sep 25, 2017
In a play, tragic responses are brought to a head through three elements (A) reversal,
recognition and suffering (B) weakness, suffering and resolution (C) flaw, fear and
recognition (D) reversal, suffering and conclusion.
Can anyone proffer a solution with an explanation?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 10:08am On Sep 25, 2017
donblazer10:
hi please forward it..donblazer10@gmail.com
Done
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2017
KingOvo:
Hey folks, this goes out to everyone that's taking literature in english in the forthcoming examination, I've got this pdf and its really cool and I think it might help with the exams. If you happen to be interested, quote this post and drop your email i'll forward it to you real quick.

Peace. smiley
. Pls I need it for my sis including ui practice questions(eng,govt,crk,literature) thanks
Chuforsave@gmail.com
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ISISs(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2017
Bobola07:

ISISs howfar naw

Long tym.
heard ur postume was suspended during nasu strike.
Yes, thats true.
Wuve been rescheduled to commence 3rd October.
I just finished with Ebsu my second choice anyway,wrote theirs yesterdai..hoping to see a 320+ score.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2017
KingOvo:
Hey folks, this goes out to everyone that's taking literature in english in the forthcoming examination, I've got this pdf and its really cool and I think it might help with the exams. If you happen to be interested, quote this post and drop your email i'll forward it to you real quick.

Peace. smiley
adenipekunpaul@gmail.com
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by olujr: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
Pls can I be added to the whatapp group 08136195205 thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by adedele: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Guys make this group active by posting questions
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
PLS SOMEONE SHULD ADD ME TO THE whatsapp group GROUP 08168451122

CC: Ajet, oldfoolnigger, MrHistorian.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by jaylyf(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=KingOvo post=60804232]Hey folks, this goes out to everyone that's taking literature in english in the forthcoming examination, I've got this pdf and its really cool and I think it might help with the exams. If you happen to be interested, quote this post and drop your email i'll forward it to you real quick.
Peace.

i'm interested. please forward it to juliusndubuisi1@gmail.com. thanks in anticipation
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by khaybest(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
KingOvo:

Peace. smiley
buluscaleb37@gmail.com

Thanking you in anticipation
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrEgghead:
I'm not even in support of using utme scores because I'm sure many scored above me.. But it seems this year admissions may take a new dimension from the way events are unfolding.
if UI is to use utme & o lvl + p.utme scores won't it affect those peoples with low point in jamb and waec going for med related courses?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
ennydammy11:
if UI is to use utme & o lvl + p.utme scores won't it affect those peoples with low point in jamb and waec going for med related courses?
Hmmn
let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst
Heard the exam is coming up in mid October
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Phemhografx: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
pls can Smone should ep me with literature text.... PDF format or epub email femiolajide1998@gmail.com
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ajet001:

Hmmn
let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst
Heard the exam is coming up in mid October
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
ennydammy11:
Relax bro.

Personally, I don't see UI adopting the combination of olevel + utme + putme.

Do you know why? Jamb clearly stated in their CAP sensitization programme that the minimum percentage that must be alloted to UTME score is 50%, which may be increased as desired by each institution.

If UI is to consider using the composite of olevel + utme+ putme, logically, to make it look sensible enough, olevel will be given nothing less than 20%.

In other word, they will have to adopt a pattern close to this (olevel - 20%, utme-50%, putme-30%).

If you ask me, I think UI is too egocentric to give their so much respected exam 30%, just to Favour an examination that have a wonderful track record of alarming level of compromised integrity.

Left to UI, dedicating 100% to a trusted putme is the best bet, but unfortunately for UI, they have been caged just again, like previous year.

I am logical, so I might be wrong, but I don't see UI risking another year only to admit some bunch of lazy bones parading A1 they could not defend.

This is my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
Pes13:
Relax bro.

Personally, I don't see UI adopting the combination of olevel + utme + putme.

Do you know why? Jamb clearly stated in their CAP sensitization programme that the minimum percentage that must be alloted to UTME score is 50%, which may be increased as desired by each institution.

If UI is to consider using the composite of olevel + utme+ putme, logically, to make it look sensible enough, olevel will be given nothing less than 20%.

In other word, they will have to adopt a pattern close to this (olevel - 20%, utme-50%, putme-30%).

If you ask me, I think UI is too egocentric to give their so much respected exam 30%, just to Favour an examination that have a wonderful track record of alarming level of compromised integrity.

Left to UI, dedicating 100% to a trusted putme is the best bet, but unfortunately for UI, they have been caged just again, like previous year.

I am logical, so I might be wrong, but I don't see UI risking another year only to admit some bunch of lazy bones parading A1 they could not defend.

This is my opinion.

You are of the opinion of jamb 50% putme 50%??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
Jacktheripper:

Yes.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
Jacktheripper:

you think UI will comply?? ¿
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ajet001:

you think UI will comply?? ¿

Why won't they? Are u thinking 100% putme will be used?? Either ways make admission letter sha land be koko
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ikuerowo9(m): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
KingOvo:

Peace. smiley
ikuerowo9@gmail.com
Thanks bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Noblesheila: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
KingOvo:

Peace. smiley

pls send to foluwatomisin@yahoo.com
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
ennydammy11:
Surely,It will.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by PhilAmadeus: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
KingOvo:

Peace. smiley
Ovo pls share me...mah Sis need it....(Eng,lit,gov,crk)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rafajii: 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2017

INFORMATION ON DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION

University of Ibadan, UI direct entry admission exercise for the 2017/2018 academic session

Important update as regards to sales of direct entry form.

University of Ibadan (UI) Direct Entry candidates are hereby informed that they will soon be invited to log in to the University of Ibadan Admissions Portal; They are therefore advised to keep on checking the admissions portal for more information.

Applicants for direct entry are hereby informed that the portal for admission exercise will soon be opened for documentation....

Sir_Raf

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 12:31am On Sep 26, 2017
KingOvo:
In a play, tragic responses are brought to a head through three elements (A) reversal,
recognition and suffering (B) weakness, suffering and resolution (C) flaw, fear and
recognition (D) reversal, suffering and conclusion.
Can anyone proffer a solution with an explanation?

Option A is more apt...

Explanation:
A good tragedy follows this pattern....Reversal__Recognition__Suffering.

1)Reversal is also known as PERIPETEIA.it means a sudden change from good to bad in the life of tragic hero..It's that very moment in which the protagonist's fortunes change irrecoverably for the worse.Frequently, the very trait we admire in a tragic hero is the same trait that brings about the hero's downfall...

2 Recognition. Next stage is recognition that is from ignorance to knowledge. At some point after the first stage which is "reversal" the tragic hero realizes or verbalizes his tragic error (the very point tragic hero realizes his Hermatia but could do nothing to save the situation cos it is now beyond his power) This moment of tragic recognition is also called the ANAGNOSIS..

3 Suffering: this is the final stage..The catastrophe often spirals outward.. Not only does the hero suffer for an earlier choice (Hermatia) but that choice causes suffering to those the hero loves or wants to protect..

A good tragedy must follow aforementioned styles...

Note: good or best plots avoid DEUS EX MACHINA solutions.

I guess this is coming late sha...my account was banned by God knows mod here.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 12:34am On Sep 26, 2017
Kingovo EPP send the literature stuff to this email.
odochristian91@gmail.com
quote me when u see this.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holywahala19(m): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

Option A is more apt...

Explanation:
A good tragedy follows this pattern....Reversal__Recognition__Suffering.

1)Reversal is also known as PERIPETEIA.it means a sudden change from good to bad in the life of tragic hero..It's that very moment in which the protagonist's fortunes change irrecoverably for the worse.Frequently, the very trait we admire in a tragic hero is the same trait that brings about the hero's downfall...

2 Recognition. Next stage is recognition that is from ignorance to knowledge. At some point after the first stage which is "reversal" the tragic hero realizes or verbalizes his tragic error (the very point tragic hero realizes his Hermatia but could do nothing to save the situation cos it is now beyond his power) This moment of tragic recognition is also called the ANAGNOSIS..

3 Suffering: this is the final stage..The catastrophe often spirals outward.. Not only does the hero suffer for an earlier choice (Hermatia) but that choice causes suffering to those the hero loves or wants to protect..

A good tragedy must follow aforementioned styles...

Note: good or best plots avoid DEUS EX MACHINA solutions.

I guess this is coming late sha...my account was banned by God knows mod here.

I respect u boss.
frankly speaking, I have never heard of this before even with my great exploit in literature....u are so good academically....more oil to ur brain.
Thanks bro.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmhorah(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2017
admin of the whatsapp group Add me pls 08024618054
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2017
Ajet001:
Hello! To the university of ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 aspirants.
Hope preparations is going on well towards the forthcoming UTME exams

Let's brainstorm here and discuss issues about the admission this year.

feel free to ask any question bothering you.
Thanks..!
pls how does this year admission going to be
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hollad100(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2017
HELLO GURUZ.
I need advice and clarification please?
I choose UI and applied for MATHEMATICS been the course I'm currently studying in school , trying to change school due to consistent strike in my current institution.
Now that PUTME application has ended, is it advisable for me to change Course via JAMB. Don't know if it will be updated with UI before admission process commence.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Narnah(f): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2017
Pls add to whatsapp group 08147812116

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.