Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (722324 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Any engineering aspirant with 70+?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
bukdan:
Any engineering aspirant with 70+?

Someone score 70.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
What course?
CondomSir:

Someone score 70.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
After the merit list, UI will release some courses which are not yet filled up. Anyone who does not meet his/her departmental cutoff but score above 50(or a new benchmark: 55 and 65 last year) can change to one or two of these courses. The UTME and o'level requirements for the course a person is changing to must tally with the requirements of the initially chosen course. Also, change of course is free and very very competitive. [/quote]
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
bukdan:
What course?

Petroleum engineering
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
CondomSir:
I want to know if science courses are sometimes unfilled,because I will be considering science.

After the merit list, UI will release some courses which are not yet filled up. Anyone who does not meet his/her departmental cutoff but score above 50(or a new benchmark: 55 and 65 last year) can change to one or two of these courses. The UTME and o'level requirements for the course a person is changing to must tally with the requirements of the initially chosen course. Also, change of course is free and very very competitive.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
ChiomaMee:

I chose range o

I foolishly chose range knowing fully well that it is a measure of dispersion
what did u score in putme

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Interesting15: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
TheHistorian:
Interesting15 and Humeeh

How was it?

My brother. Sorry for the late response, was very much busy.

OK. After the news was out yesterday that the results have been uploaded, I also tried checking with my phone last night.

Using Firefox browser, my portal opened quite all right, but my score wasn't showing!

So, I tried my phone's own ('follow come') browser. And after some serious battle (as it appears many people were also trying to access the site), it came up, and I saw 53.6666!

I was surprised. For one, I've been seeing other people's results, and none was with .something-something.

Number two, the questions were quite simple that I wasn't expecting anything less than 60.

But as a child of God, I prayed to God and thanked Him for the result (because some people didn't even meet the average mark which is 50)

Fast forward to this evening, I was coming back from my sister's place, and decided going to a cafe to check again.

Upon opening, I saw 77 right there on my portal

I was happy and I thanked God and sing praises to Him.

Then I told myself 'Go and start preparing to pay your acceptance fee'

I just keep thanking God and giving Glory to His Most Holy Name.

My advice to those who checked with their phones and are seeing funny scores. Try checking with a PC.

God bless us all.

See you in UI.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
Interesting15:

OK. After the news was out yesterday that the results have been uploaded, I also tried checking with my phone last night.

Using Firefox browser, my portal opened quite all right, but my score wasn't showing!

So, I tried my phone's own ('follow come') browser. And after some serious battle (as it appears many people were also trying to access the site), it came up, and I saw 53.6666!

I was surprised. For one, I've been seeing other people's results, and none was with .something-something.

Number two, the questions were quite simple that I wasn't expecting anything less than 60.

But as a child of God, I prayed to God and thanked Him for the result (because some people didn't even meet the average mark which is 50)

Fast forward to this evening, I was coming back from my sister's place, and decided going to a cafe to check again.

My advice to those who checked with their phones and are seeing funny scores. Try checking with a PC.

God bless us all.

See you in UI.

U saw that funny score because that was what u scored in 2016.

UI website is very whak
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
Aspirant of what dept?
Interesting15:

God bless us all.

See you in UI.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mccben4(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
please help me check 76991536EG password mccben4
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by horlar1960(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
mccben4:
please help me check 76991536EG password mccben4
46%
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2017
Please sir do they normally declare some science courses unfilled.
CondomSir:

After the merit list, UI will release some courses which are not yet filled up. Anyone who does not meet his/her departmental cutoff but score above 50(or a new benchmark: 55 and 65 last year) can change to one or two of these courses. The UTME and o'level requirements for the course a person is changing to must tally with the requirements of the initially chosen course. Also, change of course is free and very very competitive.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by tolabae(f): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
pls , i know a senior lecture who says most lecturers are given slot in regardless of you passing or not , u would be given admission how true is this ??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
CROWNesty:
Please sir do they normally declare some science courses unfilled.

Science courses such as

Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Statistics
Geography
Botany
Zoology
Archeology
Anthropology

are not usually filled on the merit list, and are usually released to be changed to.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
Thanks sir
CondomSir:

Science courses such as

Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Statistics
Geography
Botany
Zoology
Archeology
Anthropology

are not usually filled on the merit list, and are usually released to be changed to.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
tolabae:
pls , i know a senior lecture who says most lecturers are given slot in regardless of you passing or not , u would be given admission how true is this ??
I believe this is largely untrue...
However,
all staffs(Teaching and Non-teaching) are allowed the discretion to bring their ward(just 1) who had scored two marks lesser than the Merit cut-off approved by the university Senate....Not Slot as erroneously claimed and the ward/Candidate must be a Biological Child of the University Staff..(I.e You must bear the same name)...E.g
Prof Adetunji A.A(Father)
Master Adetunji J.B(Child)

Must never be
Master Olakunle J.B(Child)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
CROWNesty:
Thanks sir

You are welcome my brother
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
afoobabs:
what did u score in putme
68 oo
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
Interesting15:

God bless us all.
See you in UI.
Congratulations bro.

You need not to wait for any cut off mark sev grin grin

Haba...77 for History!

MODIFIED

I think people should try to re-check their score via a PC as this my good friend has advised.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Make UI use jamb and post jamb cumulative for admission na
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
Jacktheripper:
Make UI use jamb and post jamb cumulative for admission na

God forbid
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
CondomSir:
The result tension has reduced now.. The next is the cutoff marks tension

I kuku don know wetin my cutoff go be
What's ur score??

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
ChiomaMee:

What's ur score??
60+
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
CondomSir:

60+
b specific na
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

Thanks boss...my Dr I doff my cap too...MBBS awaits u sir
Oldfoolnigger(SAN).....yan me the score na
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Interesting15: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2017
bukdan:
Aspirant of what dept?

History, sir.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
1.The university would login into their respective caps platform.

2.choose their general cut off mark which was earlier advertised eg AAU -160.

3.Determine the percentage weight for jamb eg 50% or 60%.

4.Determine the percentage weight from the score obtained from the screening exercise eg 40% for school whose jamb percentage is 60% ( take both 100%).

5.Caps would calculate an aggregate/composite score based on the percentage the school gave to both utme & screening.

6.schools would then input departmental cut off mark
School might decide to put different cut off based on certain criteria
Eg.using medicine. Merit- 70
Catchment- 68
Educationaly less developed state-65

7.student from his/her department would be ranked based on the aggregate score by CAPS.

8.A proposed admission list would be sent to the school for those who met the cut off for various department.

9.The school would review the list.
And decide If they are to remove some persons( but reasons for removing such persons must be stated).

10.after the proposed admission list sent by jamb to the school have been approved by the school. They send the list Back to jamb.

11. Jamb would inform candidate to either accept or reject admission given to them by the school.

12.If they accept. They are admitted.

13.if they reject they would be taken to a “market place” where other university can consider them for admission.

14.candidates have 3days to accept or reject admission.

15.once you accept ur admission.you cannot reject again
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ajet001:
bro
I'm here
ur WhatsApp contact angry
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2017
larabae13:
na u na grin
No problem, school is fine oo

I miss this girl angry
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
Atlantia....I caught u viewing, weldon.
angry
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Pes13:
U saw that funny score because that was what u scored in 2016.
UI website is very whak
Na mehn...Ur brain dey work well well ooo......Geez...

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.