Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,262 members, 7,829,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (726251 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by kidneystones(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nltaliban:
maybe because I don't like kidneystones shocked grin grin

Congratulations boss. You nailed it

shocked shocked kiss . Yh . thanks # cool

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Atlantia(f): 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

how far with ur result? angry
My result? I've seen it jare. It's okay.

How far with your own?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oluwalummy: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
Pes13:

I remembered that I said most people will score 15/25 in biology thinking they will score 24/25. UI questions are very simple and very technical I know what I am saying.

E.g who killed Goliath
A. David
B. God
C. Stone
D. Catapult

Most students will happily choose David, where as the stone killed Goliath.

UI said I missed 20 questions, and I already see for myself 14 mistake I did after the exam xo UI is just.
Lmao true... even it was God that killed Goliath... he just used David stone catapult " lemme comman be going
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nltaliban:

grin grin grin

I'm currently making arrangements on how to get the lorry that will pack all your baggage. You, Thehistorian, Condomsir and most importantly SAMUELIZZ shocked

Ui lecturers will be wondering if you wanna buy shares in those department you all applied to.

Congratulations guys.

Bruhhhhh

You guys bought the largest shares mheen.
Samuelizz is crazy mheen!!
Oldfoolnigger is the real boss!!
TheHistorian had too much for his course!!
I was only lucky. Seeing men scoring less than 50 is really saddening. But in everything let's give praise to God.

I'm still thinking if I should throw samuelizz inside ui zoo or not.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
MBBS aspirants drop your scores mine is 74%
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
TheHistorian:

Boss of bosses.

I troway cap oooh. grin grin grin

On top PhyChemMaths...Son of Man still knack 75%.

Boss, this whinning too much oh..
Yoh don say you sef no pity UI... grin grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2017
CondomSir:

Bruhhhhh

I was only lucky. Seeing men scoring less than 50 is really saddening. But in everything let's give praise to God.

Zoo ke?
Don't do Like that sir.
I Still be your boy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nltaliban:

grin grin grin

I'm currently making arrangements on how to get the lorry that will pack all your baggage. You, Thehistorian, Condomsir and most importantly SAMUELIZZ shocked

Ui lecturers will be wondering if you wanna buy shares in those department you all applied to.

Congratulations guys.

grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
CondomSir:

Bruhhhhh

I've decided that I won't think about those results below 50. I'd just advice they try again next year, prepare well and play their cards right.

As for Samuelizz, abeg leave am he tried.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
samuelizz:

Zoo ke?
Don't do Like that sir.
I Still be your boy

To say the fact, you are the boss and I am your boy.

I'll be coming to the department of physics to take directions from you from time to time. cheesy

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
Pes13:

Shark.

This is one of the simple part of biology I missed. I almost go haywire when I remembered I choose turtles because I wasn't patient instead of shark.
WOW, thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nltaliban:

I've decided that I won't think about those results below 50. I'd just advice they try again next year, prepare well and play their cards right.

As for Samuelizz, abeg leave am he tried.

No mind me Jaree

Na me enh suppose throw for zoo grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nltaliban:
Babablogger, I hear you were with Thehistorian.

How your score?
yeah my result was good

I don dey find acceptance fee grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nltaliban:

I no fit finish that one. Give Samuelizz, he sabi drink.

How your result?
i failed sir...am moving on with elrapido...Thanks to you all..Goodluck and Godbless...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
CondomSir:

No mind me Jaree

Na me enh suppose throw for zoo grin

So you know?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
babablogger:
yeah my result was good

I don dey find acceptance fee grin

Wow, congratulations.

Course?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
Aybalance:
i failed sir...am moving on with elrapido...Thanks to you all..Goodluck and Godbless...

Sorry about that boss

Will ui still be your first choice next year?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
All this people having 70+ for engineering courses undecided Sha don't increase the cutoff unnecessarily for us

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
The cutoff should just be like 65 (maximum) for any engineering course. If utme will be used, max should be like 72
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nltaliban:

Sorry about that boss
Will ui still be your first choice next year?
I think i need to run for my life sir

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mccben4(m): 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
please can someone help me to use PC to check I saw someone on this thread saying something like that I know it might sound foolish but please help me check I was and I'm still dumbfounded when I saw what I got
76991536EG
password: mccben4
just mention me and write the scores I will see it later cos na borrow I borrow the phone wey I dey use browse
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by PTI87: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
please i want to choose ui for my jamb next year is dis comb correct for economic mat,eng,gov,econ and crs for o,level
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrRitchie: 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
When you see questions that starts like this who/what that's exactly where the answer is, if it starts with 'who' then you should know that if there's any option that has anything to do with human, then that should be the answer but if it start with 'what' then you should know the answer is an 'object' or anything nothing relating to human.
So for this question I'd say the answer is 'stone'
Jacktheripper:

The answer is definitely David grin, the question is who not what.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by horlar1960(m): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
mccben4:
please can someone help me to use PC to check I saw someone on this thread saying something like that I know it might sound foolish but please help me check I was and I'm still dumbfounded when I saw what I got
76991536EG
password: mccben4
just mention me and write the scores I will see it later cos na borrow I borrow the phone wey I dey use browse
46% don't know how to mention
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DaQueen7: 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
samuelizz:

grin grin grin
Sir oga Weedite grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
horlar1960:

46% don't know how to mention
grin grin grin grin

You mention like this horlar1960
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by PrinceCEE(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
ambalie:
A very big congratulations to all the successful candidates who made through and all those who will still make it later on. Please that you did not make it this time is not a crime, there will always be another opportunity or better still you wait till next year. Alot of opportunities abound and that is the spirit of winning.
However, for all cases of missing results, complaints and other further inquiries please call on 090-751-880-15 or send a mail to admissionportal.edu@yahoo.com
We wish you the best of Luck.
Admission Team

I presume you're a Scammer...

Guys don't send any mail to the email as MIS Unit can't use a yahoo mail.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
DaQueen7:

Sir oga Weedite grin

Dr. DaQueen.. cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hello Guys...
Apart from:
BIOCHEMISTRY & PHYSIOLOGY,
Is there any other course you can crossover to medicine from?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2017
NOTE: I GOT THIS FROM A STAFF OF UI, HE WORKS WITH THE ICT, I HAVE KNOWN HIM NOT TO SPREAD FAKE NEWS ABOUT EVERYTHING CONCERNING UI, HE TOLD ME THIS INFORMATION IS NOT YET ON UI's WEBSITE, EVEN IF THIS INFORMATION IS WRONG, PREPARE YOUR MIND TO SOMETHING SIMILAR.

University of Ibadan Departmental Cut off Marks 2017/18
Finally, the senate board of the University of Ibadan has officially released the highly anticipated UI departmental cut off marks for 2017! All candidates who selected the University of Ibadan as their preferred institution and sat for the school screening test, can now check the UI course cut off marks for 2017 .
Important: List of Approved Courses at the University of Ibadan and University of Ibadan Post UTME Registration, general cut off marks & Dates for 2017/18
2017/2018 UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN ADMISSIONS EXERCISE: DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF POINTS AND CHANGE OF COURSE GUIDELINES.
We wishes to inform and notify all candidates who made the University of Ibadan their Most Preferred Tertiary Institution and participate in the Post UTME Exercise, that they are advised to confirm their departmental cut-off points using the details below:
Recommended: University of Ibadan (UI) Merit Admission List for 2017/2018 is Out
DEPARTMENTS PUTME MERIT
CUT-OFF POINTS
THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
Economics 63
Geography 50
Political Science 66
Psychology 56
Sociology 58
TECHNOLOGY
Agricultural & Environmental Engineering 50
Civil Engineering 58
Electrical & Electronics Engineering 63
Food Technology 50
Industrial & Production Engineering 50
Mechanical Engineering 60
Petroleum Engineering 61
Wood Products Engineering 50
SCIENCE
Anthropology 50
Archaeology 50
Botany 50
Chemistry 50
Computer Science 54
Geography 50
Geology 50
Industrial Chemistry 50
Mathematics 50
Microbiology 59
Physics 50
Statistics 50
Zoology 50
LAW
Law 73
ARTS
Arabic Language and Literature 50
Anthropology 50
Archaeology 50
Classics 50
Communication and Language Arts 70
DEPARTMENTS PUTME MERIT
CUT-OFF POINTS
English 67
E. Studies- French 56
E. Studies- German 50
E. Studies- Russian 50
History 50
Islamic Studies 50
Linguistics 62
Linguistics – Yoruba 50
Linguistics – Igbo 50
Music 50
Philosophy 50
Religious Studies 50
Theatre Arts 61
EDUCATION
Adult Education 50
Educational Management 50
Library, Archival & Information Studies 50
Guidance & Counseling 50
Health Education 50
Human Kinetics 50
Teacher Education (Arts) 63
Teacher Education (Pre-Primary) 50
Teacher Education (Science) 50
Teacher Education (Social Science) 50
Special Education 50
PHARMACY
Pharmacy 68
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Biochemistry 60
Dental Surgery 74
Human Nutrition 54
Medicine and Surgery 80
Medical Laboratory Science 63
Nursing 67
Physiology 60
Physiotherapy 68
AGRIC. & FORESTRY
Agricultural Economics 50
Agricultural Extension & Rural Development 50
Agronomy 50
Animal Science 50
Crop Protection and Environmental Biology 50
Aquaculture & Fisheries Management 50
Forest Resources Management 50
Wildlife & Ecotourism Mgt 50
VETERINARY MEDICINE
Veterinary Medicine 50
Contents [ hide]
Important Note
Important Guidelines and Information
Important Note
IT is very important for all candidates to take note, that if any candidate did not meet the departmental cut-off marks/points, you are advised to consider any two of the underlisted programmes in order of preference.
All interested Candidates are further advised to check the JAMB UTME subject requirements before indicating their interest in any of the programmes, so as to avoid any mistake that might arise.
S/N Faculty Department UTME Subject Combin
1 Agric & Forestry Agric Extension & Rural Devt. English, Chemist Biology/ Physics/Maths
2 Agric & Forestry Agronomy English, Chemist Biology/ Physics/Maths
3 Agric & Forestry Animal Science English, Chemist Biology/ Physics/Maths
4 Agric & Forestry Crop Protection and Environmental Biology English, Chemist Biology/ Physics/Maths
5 Agric & Forestry Forest Resources Mgt English, Chemist Biology/ Physics/Maths
6 Agric & Forestry Aquaculture & Fisheries Management English, Chemist Biology/ Physics/Maths
7 Agric & Forestry Wildlife & Ecotourism Management English, Chemist Biology/ Physics/Maths
8 Veterinary Medicine Veterinary Medicine English, Physics, Chemist Biology
9 Education Health Education English any thre subjects
10 Education Human Kinetics English any thre subjects
11 Education Adult Education English Languag and thre subjects Arts, So Science Science
12 Education Special Education English three su from rel subjects Arts, So Science Science
13 Education Educational Management As in Ad Educati
14 Education Guidance & Counseling As in Ad Educati
15 Education Teacher Education (Science) English three su from rel Science subjects
16 Education Teacher Education (Social Science) English three su from rel Social Science subjects
17 Education Teacher Education (Pre-Primary) As in Ad Educati
18 Social Sciences Geography English any thre subjects Social Science Arts
19 Technology Agric & Environmental Engineering English, Physics, Chemist Maths
20 Technology Industrial & Production Engineering English, Physics, Chemist Maths
21 Technology Food Technology English, Physics, Chemist Maths
22 Technology Wood Products Engineering English, Physics, Chemist Maths
23 Arts Archaeology & Anthropology English any two subjects Arts, So Science one of History, Religiou Studies, Govern & Geogr
24 Arts Religious Studies English, and two others fr Arts / S Science Science
S/N Faculty Department UTME Subject Combin
25 Arts German English,in-Eng a any othe subjects Arts and Social Science
26 Arts Russian English,in-Eng a any othe subjects Arts and Social Science
27 Arts Yoruba English, Yoruba any othe subjects Arts and Social science
28 Science Anthropology English, Biology two othe science subjects
30 Science Archaeology English, Geogra and any from Ma Physics, Biology Chemist
31 Science Botany English, Biology, Chemist and Mat Physics
32 Science Chemistry English, Chemist Physics, Maths o Biology
33 Science Industrial Chemistry English, Chemist Physics, Maths o Biology
34 Science Geology English, Chemist Physics, Maths o Biology
35 Science Geography English, Geogra Maths o Biology Chemist Physics
36 Science Physics English, Maths, Physics any of Biology, Chemist Geogra
37 Science Mathematics English, Maths a any two the follo Biology, Chemist Physics, Geogra
38 Science Statistics English, Maths a any two the follo Biology, Chemist Physics, Geogra
39 Science Zoology English, Biology two othe science subjects excludin Agricult Science
Important Guidelines and Information
All qualified and eligible candidates who wishes to participated, can do that by logging on their details on
www.admissions.ui.edu.ng/changeofcourse .
Please do be informed that the application must contain the following information shown below:
1. Full names
2. UTME registration Number
3. Post UTME score
4. Initial course
5. The two courses the candidate wishes to change to.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by PrinceCEE(m): 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
To those that got below 50% in the just concluded exam, I'm sorry, there's no hope for you in UI this year, even if you had 400 in jamb, maybe you could put more effort next year.

UI will likely make use of both jamb and postjamb score this year.

The cutoff will be jamb score divided by 8 + postjamb score divided by 2.

Why it'll be like this is still uncertain as compared to the previous years.

The cutoff has been determined already but not yet made public.

There could still be hope for those with high jamb score.

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% certain that the information above is true but to some extent, it's likely to be true. I actually overheard some elderly men who may likely be lecturers, discussing about it today at the University clinic.

To those that'll be coming to the faculty of technology, mechanical engineering department especially, I'd be happy to see you guys come 2017/2018 academic session.

To those that will be few marks away from the cutoff, your name could be in the second list even or without you opting for COC. Second list is normally by luck and God's grace in UI. At this point, don't solicit for any admission assistance from anyone as there's nothing they can do to help, unless either or two of your parents are among the staff, and your chosen course could still be gotten if you are 1-3 marks close to the cutoff.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Jacktheripper: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
PrinceCEE:
To those that got below 50% in the just concluded exam, I'm sorry, there's no hope for you in UI this year, even if you had 400 in jamb, maybe you could put more effort next year.

If they really want to use jamb and post jamb together they should allow everybody na then anybody with less than 50% in the aggregate should not be consider for admission. Just saying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.