Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (727113 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:00pm On May 28, 2017
Angel0116:
Okay.But I think physiology is okay.
It sure is. Ajet001 oldfoolnigger physiology cutoff last year please? Epp a friend
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by vimma(f): 9:02pm On May 28, 2017
CondomSir:

Then i successfully brought you out of your hideout..

MBBS_ Doc Vimma,, what's your UME score?

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:03pm On May 28, 2017
vimma:

Here is the thing.... If you're going to apply for another department then switch to nursing after first year, you need to make sure the department you're switching to now offers the same courses as nursing in first year. Because if you Dont do the same courses with them in first year, you won't be able to cross over.

Here is a hint: Dont choose microbiology or any of the biological sciences. Chemistry is cool, they allow their students to cross.. I think you can also go with departments in public health and college of medicine e.g physiology, biochemistry, human nutrition
So you had all this in you and were only observing. Oldfoolnigger thank u for bringing her out
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Couver(m): 9:06pm On May 28, 2017
DokitaDave:
Thank you for calling my attention to this ma.

Firstly, let me also salute your courage for holding your head up high in the face of public ignorance even when you seem not to totally understand what is obtainable in Dentistry and Dental Surgery.

So many people (including prospective undergraduates) do not understand the nitty-gritty of Dentistry, hence they do not appreciate it or pick it as a choice course, as the case may be. (By the way, this is somewhat to the advantage of the usually few dental applicants because this sort of brings the cut-off mark down each year)

In simple terms, I'll say Dentistry and Dental Surgery is basically a specialty in medicine that allows you to specialize right from your undergraduate days. Some arguments I read about Dentistry and Dental Surgery on social media are not accurate and thus misleading.

Right from your first year till after about your first year in UCH, BDS and MBBS students take thesame courses all through. Infact, dental students offer more courses. Dental students write more MB (professional medical exams) than MBBS guys. We both spend thesame number of years in school and we do things together many times.

I don't want to sound like someone trying to glorify a course above another because we are both workers in the medical field. BDS and MBBS graduates are regarded as Doctors. They both belong to thesame professional body (NMA) and the prospect is thesame in Nigeria (that's if Dental graduates don't even have upper hand due to the fewer graduates been churned out in the country each year). What about pay? In Nigeria, BDS and MBBS graduates earn thesame using thesame salary scale. In some other western worlds (like the US), dentists earn more than their counterparts.

What else?

My friend, you have made the right choice and you shouldn't be discouraged by the wrong arguments you find in many public spheres.

Let me know if there are some other things you are still not clear about please.

cc: holuwajobar, Bobola07

Well done Dokita Dave...............And good luck in your exams
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:08pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

It sure is. Ajet001 oldfoolnigger physiology cutoff last year please? Epp a friend
the cutoff was 57.79 bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:10pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

So you had all this in you and were only observing. Oldfoolnigger thank u for bringing her out
lol.

it was actually condomsir that dragged her out from her observation hole.

how far bro?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:13pm On May 28, 2017
Angel0116:
Okay.But I think physiology is okay.
Cut off was 57.79, a little above your aggregate, I think like vimma suggested, as it stands chemistry is your best bet, that's if you're thinking about crossing.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
lol.

it was actually condomsir that dragged her out from her observation hole.

how far bro?
Lol condomsir should go for archaeology then since he's good at digging things up lol.. I'm alright, chilling. How about you?

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Couver(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2017
Bobola07:

maybe those with the pdf file of the admission list can help out with this... But then, i **FEEL** UI shud be able to admit about 100, if not more for MLS
100 is too much a number for UI to admit for MLS .80 self is too much

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

Lol condomsir should go for archaeology then since he's good at digging things up lol.. I'm alright, chilling. How about you?
yea archaeology sure pass for him o.
really cool o.
just this admission wahala dey worry my soul. grin
KingOvo:

really cool o.
just this admission wahala dey worry my soul.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
really cool o.
just this admission wahala dey worry my soul. ;Dyea archaeology sure pass for him o.
really cool o.
just this admission wahala dey worry my soul.
Mesef, E no easy. But it'll pass sha, worry not bro.

Wetin dey happen for your side nau?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

everywhere just dey hot o.

some man u fans are doing ' hot' party here.

drinks everywhere.
don't know how to send u one bottle from here. grin
KingOvo:

drinks everywhere.
don't know how to send u one bottle from here.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:30pm On May 28, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
drinks everywhere. don't know how to send u one bottle from here. ;Deverywhere just dey hot o.
drinks everywhere. don't know how to send u one bottle from here.
Lol. U fit keep am till we jam for UI. You owe me some bottles, I go ask you.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:32pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

no pro but,if u are a Chelsea fan,

no bottle for u o grin
KingOvo:

no bottle for u o
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:37pm On May 28, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

no bottle for u o ;Dno pro but,if u are a Chelsea fan,

no bottle for u o
Haha, na there wahala dey. I am actually, big time chelsea fan, I no fit ditch am even for bottles.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 28, 2017
vimma:

Good.

How about o'level results? Have you calculated your agg score and weigh your chances, doc Vimma?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:43pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

Haha, na there wahala dey. I am actually, big time chelsea fan, I no fit ditch am even for bottles.
hahaha.
u messed up big time sha.

no pro I go pack full crate of stars meet u at ui during clearance.

lozzz
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

Archaeology bawo?

A mathematical/physical science will be better jur
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:45pm On May 28, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
hahaha. u messed up big time sha.

no pro I go pack full crate of stars meet u at ui during clearance.
lozzz
Lmao. Crate keh U wan kill me abi, I no doo
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:47pm On May 28, 2017
CondomSir:

Archaeology bawo?

A mathematical/physical science will be better jur
Lol, since you just keep digging people out, I just thought that would be befitting.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by scromatan(m): 9:53pm On May 28, 2017
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 28, 2017
scromatan:
pls oh....hw will u.i call up point be calculated for 2017/2018

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2017
scromatan:
pls oh....hw will u.i call up point be calculated for 2017/2018
Nobody knows yet, but we're using the one for last year as a guide.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 28, 2017
Luvbro did you snatch a mod's girlfriend?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2017
KingOvo:

Lmao. Crate keh U wan kill me abi, I no doo
u no wan high with wine for clearance day.
lozz.
the thing go sweet die when the attendant would be screening ur documents.

attendant: wey ur birth cert?
you: my boy sharap!!I say sharap!!.
lol.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by adepojuh007: 10:03pm On May 28, 2017
Couver:

Couver:

Couver:

THANKS......
ARE YOU TELLING US THAT BDS CUTT OFF MARK DECREASE EVERY YEAR FROM YOUR SENTENCE ADOVE..

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 10:07pm On May 28, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
u no wan high with wine for clearance day.
lozz.
the thing go sweet die when the attendant would be screening ur documents.

attendant: wey ur birth cert?
you: my boy sharap!!I say sharap!!.
lol.
Haha. Wickedness
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by vimma(f): 10:15pm On May 28, 2017
CondomSir:

Good.

How about o'level results? Have you calculated your agg score and weigh your chances, doc Vimma?
yh.. My aggregate is 83%.. So I hope it falls below that.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 10:16pm On May 28, 2017
vimma:
yh.. My aggregate is 83%.. So I hope it falls below that.
what course?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by vimma(f): 10:34pm On May 28, 2017
EngrBello:

what course?

Mbbs
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by edygistvilla(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2017
I still do not understand why last-year's cutoff mark for 'education and english' was pegged at 62.10 while English was 57.10...Isn't the reverse suppose to be the case?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission