Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (722353 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 9:41am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

I know I'm a little bit harsh here, but it's bad to see people criticize the institution because of their own mistakes.

Mistakes that those who met Elds cut off points were not given admission?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:43am On Jan 10, 2018
MrEgghead:
Mistakes that those who met Elds cut off points were not given admission?

That's a lie. Everyone who met elds cut off were given admission.

It's just a pity that schools admission list has not been published.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Stry4(f): 9:47am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

I know I'm a little bit harsh here, but it's bad to see people criticize the institution because of their own mistakes.

yeah..but it doesn't leads to saying things that can hurt them...it's good disapproving what is wrong but it doesn't lead to the extent of saying that...

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 9:49am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

Yes some of your points here are true.

But at the end, the certificate you get is better than certificate from any college of education and polytechnic.

The certificate bears the name University of Ibadan with sign to show that you did dlc
buh i think if someone attends the affiliated colleges they will give someone degree certificate that bears only UI name
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Stry4(f): 9:54am On Jan 10, 2018
Dkfpaul:
buh i think if someone attends the affiliated colleges they will give someone degree certificate that bears only UI name
yes
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sokat123: 10:01am On Jan 10, 2018
Yusuf54:
pls Does ur Jamb Admission Profile shows UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION or DIRECT ENTRY?
if i may ask is it when u want to print admission letter or when u want to check admission status?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 10:05am On Jan 10, 2018
Sokat123:
if i may ask is it when u want to print admission letter or when u want to check admission status?
admission status checking
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sokat123: 10:13am On Jan 10, 2018
there is CAPS for direct entry aspirant too. after login in click on CAPS because there is a platform for it...u will see check admission status
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2018
Dkfpaul:

Honestly, I know nothing about that

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2018
Sokat123:
there is CAPS for direct entry aspirant too. after login in click on CAPS because there is a platform for it...u will see check admission status
Yes,but when I checked Mine it shows UTME instead of Direct entry...Does ur Caps shows Utme subject combination or Direct Entry?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 11:04am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

That's a lie. Everyone who met elds cut off were given admission.

It's just a pity that schools admission list has not been published.
Khali.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sokat123: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2018
Yusuf54:
Yes,but when I checked Mine it shows UTME instead of Direct entry...Does ur Caps shows Utme subject combination or Direct Entry?
...DIRECT ENTRY
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lolly1968: 11:09am On Jan 10, 2018
babablogger:
lol give me a screenshot of an aspirant that was admitted without meeting the cutoff, merit/elds they are many forget about screen shot the admission people are sloting them in. Even they did not do coc. I can quote names. Some are even in this group

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:13am On Jan 10, 2018
MrEgghead:
Khali.

Meaning boss

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

Meaning boss
He claimed to have met the Elds cut off for his course and hasn't been admitted. I tried to mention him so he could say something.. He claimed he's from Rivers.. And there's another case of a law aspirant.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

Please, if you do not have anything good to type with your filthy fingers, shove them deep into your ass
its too early to deal with foolish nairaland comments and mentions

Ui gave random scores?. I laugh in Chinese, if you failed, accept defeat and move on, prepare for the coming year. Stop going about typing nonsense about the institution.

Well, only Kindred spirits of failure will believe the nonsense you type!!!!!
na wa for this guy o...you're just too rude...on top university wey no be your papa gt am nd you dy put am for head like say na heaven you don gain admission enter....calm down baba,stop defending the school like your life depends on it..it's not worth it....

I won't reply you if you reply childishly

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

On a serious note, I tell people that once your admission gets to the point of change of course, the probability of getting admitted is 0.2.

Reason is this, after change of course, people who applied will be arranged according to their sores and admission will be offered to people with high scores alone ( except in cases where children of lecturer apply, they're only required to meet the initial cut off mark of the course they're changing to).
Now as regards your case, economics cut of marks is 65.13.
Your aggregate is 58, let's assume you changed to psychology, aspirants with scores higher than yours 60-65.10 who couldn't get economics will also change to same psychology you changed to will be admitted before you. That's just the logic.

During coc, you just don't need to score pass the actual cut off of the course you're changing to, you need to have a very good mark to fetch you admission.

Coc is very dicy, in year 2015 I knew a lecturer's son who scored 71 He picked medicine initially , changed to veterinary medicine with initial cut off mark of 50 and didn't get admission because vet pegged their coc cut off at 72. It affects everyone.
tell me what I don't know. this epistle is not what am asking you. I quoted a post where the poster claimed that someone applied for econs but came up with the aggregate of 52 and was given sociology (note: initial cut off for sociology was 62) whereas we have other who applied for the same course (eco) but fell short of the cutoff that was not offered any other course even though their score is higher than 52. is that not double standard
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 11:35am On Jan 10, 2018
Sokat123:
...DIRECT ENTRY
Gbese am in trouble.....which kind of error is that...Na UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION DEY SHOW INSTEAD OF DIRECT ENTRY,,M VERY CONFUSED
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 11:35am On Jan 10, 2018
MrEgghead:
He claimed to have met the Elds cut off for his course and hasn't been admitted. I tried to mention him so he could say something.. He claimed he's from Rivers.. And there's another case of a law aspirant.
these guys can't be lying nah..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2018
afoobabs:
tell me what I don't know. this epistle is not what am asking you. I quoted a post where the poster claimed that someone applied for econs but came up with the aggregate of 52 and was given sociology (note: initial cut off for sociology was 62) whereas we have other who applied for the same course (eco) but fell short of the cutoff that was not offered any other course even though their score is higher than 52. is that not double standard

And You believed that lie?

If only people can be serious with studying the same way they get serious with criticizing school, we wouldn't have all these fake stories.

That story is fake with no iota of truth. I can bet my everything

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2018
MrEgghead:

Reason I said its a pity the School hasn't released the admission list. Do you know if the person has been admitted and jamb hasn't updated it on caps.

See, to save all these arguments, let everyone wait for the schools admission list.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:41am On Jan 10, 2018
donblazer10:
na wa for this guy o...you're just too rude...on top university wey no be your papa gt am nd you dy put am for head like say na heaven you don gain admission enter....calm down baba,stop defending the school like your life depends on it..it's not worth it....

I won't reply you if you reply childishly

Thank you boss. I'm defending because I know it's impossible for that to happen. And I'll keep defending till I see proofs to backup people's claim that the school isn't transparent.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=Lolly1968 post=64061362][/quote]
it's a lie, it's just a rumour peddled by those who didn't meet the desired cutoff, and I'm yet to see any one who met all criteria and wasn't admitted

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrEgghead(m): 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

Reason I said its a pity the School hasn't released the admission list. Do you know if the person has been admitted and jamb hasn't updated it on caps.

See, to save all these arguments, let everyone wait for the schools admission list.
Yes...but things are not done properly in Nigeria... They could as well save these people's stress of buying another jamb form or confusion.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
Yusuf54:
Gbese am in trouble.....which kind of error is that...Na UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION DEY SHOW INSTEAD OF DIRECT ENTRY,,M VERY CONFUSED
this is what ur caps portal should look like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
MrEgghead:
Yes...but things are not done properly in Nigeria... They could as well save these people's stress of buying another jamb form or confusion.

The fault is Nasu's. But I know they don't have much time again, the list will be out before the resumption.
tell you friend to calm down, jamb is a body that stinks of incompetency, when the list is Released, you'll find out that some names there has not been uploaded on caps.

Let's all wait till then and stop speaking I'll of this school.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
babablogger:

it's a lie, it's just a rumour peddled by those who didn't meet the desired cutoff, and[b] I'm yet to see any one who met all criteria and wasn't admitted[/b]

Honestly, you nailed it Here

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lolly1968: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

If only people can be serious with studying the same way they get serious with criticizing school, we wouldn't have all these fake stories.

the person is here on nairaland but will not talk. What I said is a complete truth
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

Thank you boss. I'm defending because I know it's impossible for that to happen. And I'll keep defending till I see proofs to backup people's claim that the school isn't transparent.
ok...have a nice day sha

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lolly1968: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

the person is here on nairaland but will not talk. What I said is a complete truth,know about yourself and stop defending what is not. We will meet in ui
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lolly1968:
the person is here on nairaland but will not talk. What I said is a complete truth

I still won't believe till I see convincing Evidence

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
donblazer10:
ok...have a nice day sha

You too boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58