Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (724042 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2018
syncACE:
i'm damn sure.... I was at yabatech yesterday
that's surprising
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:
I've not been cleared o.. I'm going to Ibadan to lodge a complaint tomorrow because I'm tired of waiting
please do! enough is enough!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hardeboi580:

MLS nko

Those people are even claiming that MLS is not a professional course....oga o
Please what is MLS
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
sirgalahad26:
please do! enough is enough!
Abi o
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrHistorian: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:
I've not been cleared o.. I'm going to Ibadan to lodge a complaint tomorrow because I'm tired of waiting

By Prof. Idowu Olayinka -

BACKGROUND
Only about two thirds of the newly admitted students who had accepted their admission have been cleared as of Thursday, 12 April 2018. The problems encountered are being sorted out and this stage will be concluded by middle of next week. It then became inevitable to postpone the resumption of new students by a week.

There you have it.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
Legit17:
Postpone again?... Wats all dis na?... After packing... �
My mom has packed my things since Thursday only to hear that resumption has been postponed.. Now I'm under a serious rule that I must not unpack until I get to UI, so annoying..
MORAL LESSON: ALWAYS PACK AT THE DYING MINUTE

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:

There you have it.
If my parents will listen
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
philpwresh:
I have been cleared,but no hall yet. What about you guys
I've not been cleared at all
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrHistorian: 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:
If my parents will listen
They know more than the VC?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2018
ChiomaMee:

OK....I'm thinking of re-uploading my documents
I did that on Friday
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:

They know more than the VC?
No they believe that it's better to be safe than sorry

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diamondville(f): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pes13:

You are right bro, everything just a way of teasing.

In addition , medical students are spending just 3 years in UI campus, so hall of residents is not a problem that borders me.

However, I couldn't just forget my experience during Putme. A total of about 10 students slept in that small dungeon in Mellanby.
Male hostel you guys are not much na
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:
Male hostel you guys are not much na

Yaa, 3 per room, but I was surprised to see a crowd.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by syncACE(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:
I've not been cleared at all
just calm down... You'll surely be cleared
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by syncACE(m): 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:
that's surprising
abi na...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by syncACE(m): 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
Bankytocracy:
yeah.... Are you in Ibadan. ....
am in lagos oo
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mathefaro(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pes13:

Yaa, 3 per room, but I was surprised to see a crowd.
That's on the original inhabitants of the room. They agreed to have squatters. When I stayed in Mellanby, we only allowed one squatter so we were just 4 in the room and I couldn't complain because they were all "bookworms", calibers from different departments, 2 from the college of medicine and the other from Pharmacy.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
mathefaro:
That's on the original inhabitants of the room. They agreed to have squatters. When I stayed in Mellanby, we only allowed one squatter so we were just 4 in the room and I couldn't complain because they were all "bookworms", calibers from different departments, 2 from the college of medicine and the other from Pharmacy.

But I noticed not fewer than 5 medical students were in that room. The room was almost active almost throughout the night and I was sleeping waking every split minutes.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lexxybooy(m): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
Official FRESHERS Group of LARIS (Library, Archival and Information Studies department), University of Ibadan.. NB: Strictly for Fresh Laris students only. If you are under to join. Message me on WhatsApp to get added ASAP. 08066523344. Or you drop ur contact in the comment box. Nice to have you �

https:///CRMNS1PRbyJ99TfQ8FrgPY

Signed:
Ogundiji Olalekan Idris
LARISSA President

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
psalmiel:

HumbleDr grin I was just wondering it's been a high time i saw your break light. Eyin ti Indy cheesy

Thanks brother mi. Indy niyen o grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
sirgalahad26:
praise god!...congrats @Bobola07....remember u owe me hollandia yoghurt... cheesy
That one no be problem.. When we jam in skul nah grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Nltaliban:
Good day guys.. As it stands now, we don't need a soothsayer to tell us that the April 15th resumption is no longer feasible. Honestly, like you, I'm tired of staying at home but that wouldn't stop me from saying the truth. Here are some of the reasons the resumption won't be 15th of April as published in the school calendar.
1. Clinical Professional Fee or whatever it's called
2. Accommodation fee hike
3. VC's meeting with the senate (which he explicitly stated that if the feedback was late, there'll be a shift in the resumption date)
4. Roofing of Tedder Hall and SUB... (Do you honestly think they'll let you resume without fixing up those places?)
5. To top it all, the admission process is far from done. (You have to be a magician if you think clearance, hall balloting, fees payment and regularization will all happen in a week)

The resumption is most likely next month or 29th of April.
Please keep calm and wash more plates cheesy grin grin. Play with your junior ones and let them know you're around. Participate in church and mosque so they'll feel your absence when you resume. Eat more food and prepare your brain for the task ahead.

God bless the University of Ibadan
God bless Nigeria

From your brother. Nltaliban smiley smiley .

I don't know why I can predict what Ui will do but cannot forecast ordinary 1.5 odds for bet9ja embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Let me give you few updates ..

Like I said earlier, it's impossible for the school to finish Hall balloting and online clearance in one week ( I hope they finish this week though)
All halls most especially roofless tedder is (are) undergoing serious maintainance work. They are currently under lock and key (I personally was at the University of Ibadan last week and saw things)
There's this rumour that the clinical fees was reviewed and necessary adjustments were done ( mbbs and dentistry not inclusive)

Keep calm and enjoy mommy's food. Ui is resuming in soonest.

My heart goes out to those who already sent broadcast to their family and friends before seeing the notice of postponement of resumption grin grin grin I know how it feels explaining to people. May God give you wisdom to give clear explanation.
To those who already traveled down to Ibadan, grin please enjoy and familiarise yourself with your new environment. Feel free to walk around ui like bobola is doing grin grin

I wish you all happy resumption in advance

Your fellow freshman Nltaliban

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:

You'll waste transport fare.

I remember someone said he got cleared when he was at Ibadan

Happy wasting in advance bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
Nltaliban:

I don't know why I can predict what Ui will do but cannot forecast ordinary 1.5 odds for bet9ja embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Let me give you few updates ..

Like I said earlier, it's impossible for the school to finish Hall balloting and online clearance in one week ( I hope they finish this week though)
All halls most especially roofless tedder is (are) undergoing serious maintainance work. They are currently under lock and key (I personally was at the University of Ibadan last week and saw things)
There's this rumour that the clinical fees was reviewed and necessary adjustments were done ( mbbs and dentistry not inclusive)

Keep calm and enjoy mommy's food. Ui is resuming in soonest.

My heart goes out to those who already sent broadcast to their family and friends before seeing the notice of postponement of resumption grin grin grin I know how it feels explaining to people. May God give you wisdom to give clear explanation.
To those who already traveled down to Ibadan, grin please enjoy and familiarise yourself with your new environment. Feel free to walk around ui like bobola is doing grin grin

I wish you all happy resumption in advance

Your fellow freshman Nltaliban
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:
I did that on Friday
how did you go about it?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by femianski: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pes13:

To think I insulted the profession outside of insight of knowledge is a big fallacy of hasty conclusion.

Anyway, I openly acknowledge inadequate insight.

With humility, permit me to educate you on this.

There is something called constructive criticism. It is a polite way of airing your correct opinion and nullifying a fallacy, without the display of iota of seeming anger, or given room for the slightness shadow of discord.

There are people who are naturally choleric and pompous, an attacking criticism like the bolded will limit your beneficial understanding to the few people who choose to be melancholic.

I wouldn't have learn from you if I choose to be choleric with the tempo and tone of your introduction and conclusion.

I appreciate and salute the displayed maturity at which @ CondomSir constructively open me up to my very dark area. I was eager to research for the benefit of learning.

Nobody has ever been an highland of understanding, and we all have at one point hold on to, and display a very laughable and ridiculous fallacy.

Holding on to a fallacy should only become a problem if teachability is not subscribed to.

Everybody on earth must constantly learn, unlearn and relearn to keep growing in wisdom and widen horizon .

Anyway, I sincerely learnt from you, because I do not know all of that, and I would be gladden if you also learn to be constructive . Thank you.

no problem bro
and sorry for being a bit harsh on you sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by syncACE(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pes13:

To think I insulted the profession outside of insight of knowledge is a big fallacy of hasty conclusion.

Anyway, I openly acknowledge inadequate insight.

With humility, permit me to educate you on this.

There is something called constructive criticism. It is a polite way of airing your correct opinion and nullifying a fallacy, without the display of iota of seeming anger, or given room for the slightness shadow of discord.

There are people who are naturally choleric and pompous, an attacking criticism like the bolded will limit your beneficial understanding to the few people who choose to be melancholic.

I wouldn't have learn from you if I choose to be choleric with the tempo and tone of your introduction and conclusion.

I appreciate and salute the displayed maturity at which @ CondomSir constructively open me up to my very dark area. I was eager to research for the benefit of learning.

Nobody has ever been an highland of understanding, and we all have at one point hold on to, and display a very laughable and ridiculous fallacy.

Holding on to a fallacy should only become a problem if teachability is not subscribed to.

Everybody on earth must constantly learn, unlearn and relearn to keep growing in wisdom and widen horizon .

Anyway, I sincerely learnt from you, because I do not know all of that, and I would be gladden if you also learn to be constructive . Thank you.

is there anything like constructive criticism?
it all depends on how your critiqee takes your criticism, i believe that every criticism has lessons that can be noted, it depends on me to pick them out...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bankytocracy: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
CondomSir:

Have you gotten the place?
If you have, how close is it to school?
How much is it?
Mr condom sir..
Please if you have interest we need to pay between Monday and Tuesday because there no more room close to school o... So... Whatsapp me or call me 09095265854..... Every is almost occupied....
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diction7: 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
Diamondville:

Also find out more about the HOR, MATRIC NUMBER. Find out why some have been cleared but haven't got these aforementioned things in capital letters.

This honourable NL house would like to be enlightened on those. I know some people here have other questions too.

Tip:

Try making your uploaded docs sharp, clear and WELL-CROPPED. Why some freshers have been cleared is due to the blurred, poorly cropped docs they uploaded.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmiel(m): 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
fashmann:

Lol.. And that's where he will spend all his whole money..

grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmiel(m): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
mathefaro:
For the BBM level, note that you can only subscribe in the early hours of the day before noon grin

No wahala na. Na early subscription sure pass be that. I just hope their subscription won't be extravagant grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmiel(m): 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
sirgalahad26:

abeg, which HOR is closest to the department of linguistics and african languages?
how many students per room...

I think it should be Teddar cos it's closest to Faculty of Art.

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.