Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (726408 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mathefaro(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
MickieSmart:

is it lecture time table?
Strictly for the faculty of science(and other faculties that'll do science courses in their first year)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diction7: 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nltaliban:

As regards that, the people in charge of clearance and hol are few I met about 2 people doing the clearance thing. I don't know about hor but I think after clearance, the person in charge of clearance collates the names of those who have been cleared and send it to those that will assign hor and matric number ( office of the Dean of students)

The process is much but you guys should calm down, you'll soon get your halls
An institution as big as UI? Just two people overseeing freshmen's clearance?

I pray God's grace will be sufficient for us, we shall all cross this Red Sea. Stay focused, stay strong fellows. We are bigger than this minor issue

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by tobialabi751(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
Towbaba500:
hello pls i tried to pay for my accommodation but i can't find the accommodation fees option on my dashboard..pls what can i do
Cc;ajet001
psalmiel
nltaliban
Mrhistorian
condomsir
pes13
sirgalahad
queenara
pls help me oo
just chill bro,it happened to me when I also paid but got corrected after a day

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by solacegist: 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
UI VC’s Media Adviser And Student Exchange Words On Facebook (Photos) 
http://delenewsonline.com/ui-vcs-media-adviser-and-student-exchange-words-on-facebook-photos/
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrHistorian: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2018
Endeavor to strike out monikers (either by intentionally misspelling or totally erasing them) whenever you get a mention from a post requesting for your attention alongside other monikers and you reply by quoting the post.

*Quick demonstration* :

Moniker A's post

"I have not been cleared yet despite uploading clear documents.

Cc Moniker B
Moniker F
Moniker X
Moniker Y."

Moniker X replies in this format so nobody gets unnecessarily notified of the post :

"
Moniker A's post

I have not been cleared yet despite uploading clear documents.

Cc Monik...er B
Mo...niker F
Mo...niker X
Mon...iker Y.

It's a gradual process, you will be cleared soon."

NOTE that MONIKER X has deliberately altered the correct spelling of each person's sobriquet.

The unnecessary mentions are too much, ahbeg!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MickieSmart(m): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
mathefaro:
Strictly for the faculty of science(and other faculties that'll do science courses in their first year)

their timetable is so cool! Lectures end by 2pm daily and 1pm on friday. No lectures on saturday? Ui science students are definitely in heaven. My previous alma mata(uniuyo); lectures usually end by 6pm, sometimes 7pm. As if that was not enough; saturdays were not yours, because you know one or two lecturers will definitely fix a class.

I only pray that my own faculty <agriculture> will follow suit.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
MrHistorian:
Endeavor to strike out monikers (either by intentionally misspelling or totally erasing them) whenever you get a mention from a post requesting for your attention alongside other monikers and you reply by quoting the post.

*Quick demonstration* :

Moniker A's post

"I have not been cleared yet despite uploading clear documents.

Cc Moniker B
Moniker F
Moniker X
Moniker Y."

Moniker X replies in this format so nobody gets unnecessarily notified of the post :

"

It's a gradual process, you will be cleared soon."

NOTE that MONIKER X has deliberately altered the correct spelling of each person's sobriquet.

The unnecessary mentions are too much, ahbeg!
see you, it's like you dont know the pressure on people sha!
expect my mention very soon cheesycheesycheesy its a necessary one though!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
MickieSmart:

their timetable is so cool! Lectures end by 2pm daily and 1pm on friday. No lectures on saturday? Ui science students are definitely in heaven. My previous alma mata(uniuyo); lectures usually end by 6pm, sometimes 7pm. As if that was not enough; saturdays were not yours, because you know one or two lecturers will definitely fix a class.

amen ooo! and mine too
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mathefaro(m): 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
MickieSmart:

Actually, this is not the complete thing, there's no GES (which will extract to 7pm weekdays and Saturdays) on the time table. Different departments will also make some adjustments here and there. I remember back then in 100l, Mondays were always like hell. 7am to 7pm
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MickieSmart(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
I thought as much.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2018
i need more information on this issue;
a friend of mine is currently in a state of confusion, she doesnt know which course to pick among the following;
physics,
statistics,
mathematics and geology. these are the only courses she can study as she is deficient in chemistry!
please, i want the bosses here to explain the pros and cons of each of the afore mentioned courses, so as to know which is best, thank you!
MrHistorian, wink
Diction7,
Bobola07,
Ajet001,
Pes13,
Nltaliban,
Psamiel,
mathefaro,
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2018
The next time someone tells me University of Ibadan is the best university in Nigeria, I'll be like.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mkolawole: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2018
psalmiel:

I'm in Ib.
Yes i have an admission officer's contact but not a general one tho'
Keep refreshing/login out/login in. But if the issue still persist, notify me then I'll mail you his contact. But i doubt if he's gonna pick a strange number.

Pls I also need that number or if you Fit help oo, please .I haven't been cleared too.God bless you.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MickieSmart(m): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2018
sirgalahad26:
a friend of mine is currently in a state of confusion, she doesnt know which course to pick among the following;
physics,
statistics,
mathematics and geology. these are the only courses she can study as she is deficient in chemistry!
please, i want the bosses here to explain the pros and cons of each of the afore mentioned courses, so as to know which is best, thank you!
MrHistorian, wink
Diction7,
Bobola07,
Ajet001,
Pes13,
Nltaliban,
Psamiel,
mathefaro,

all these courses are great courses depending on who is studying them.

There are no pros and cons for any course but there are for the person studying them.

She needs to find her truest passions and pinpoint her strengths and abilities.

She can be a success with any of these courses.
Physics is a pathway for engineering, research scientist or career in the academia.
Mathematics and statistics with higher degrees can literally work any where.
Geology, most guys work in mining or oil and gas.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2018
MickieSmart:

all these courses are great courses depending on who is studying them.

There are no pros and cons for any course but there are for the person studying them.

She needs to find her truest passions and pinpoint her strengths and abilities.

She can be a success with any of these courses.
Physics is a pathway for engineering, research scientist or career in the academia.
Mathematics and statistics with higher degrees can literally work any where.
Geology, most guys work in mining or oil and gas.
oh thanks bro, i'm very grateful!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmiel(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2018
mkolawole:

Pls I also need that number or if you Fit help oo, please .I haven't been cleared too.God bless you.

No prob. I can give you.
Let's just wait till the mid-week the VC said all clearance issue will be resolved.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2018
ChiomaMee:
The next time someone tells me University of Ibadan is the best university in Nigeria, I'll be like.....
madam, e neva reach like dat nah grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MickieSmart(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2018
sirgalahad26:
oh thanks bro, i'm very grateful!
you are welcome.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MickieSmart(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2018
*UPDATE FOR UNCLEARED STUDENTS* I had a chat with the vice chancellor, here's how our chat went.
Michael Udoh Good Evening Prof, with respect to the upcoming matriculation, alot of the newly admitted students have not been cleared yet(with 4 working days remaining before resumption). Most of them have started to develop hypertensive tendencies seeing their colleagues paying tuition and accomodation fees while their status remain uncleared. A public statement pointing out the possible reasons for their ordeal might help clear the air. Thank you sir for your unwavering love and care for the students.

Idowu Olayinka I have passed your complaint to the officers in charge of undergraduate admissions. A meeting has been called for 2 pm today to appraise the situation. I believe we will sort out the little problems our students are experiencing in this regard. We have no room for excuses. Kindly bear with us for the delay while I apologise for all the inconvenience.

Michael Udoh thank you very much for your reply. God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2018
sirgalahad26:
hello rumies, its been long i poke my nose here!cheesy
physics,
statistics,
MrHistorian, tongue tongue
Dic7,
Bo07,
Ajet001,
Pe3,
Nltan,
Psl,
mathro,

It depends on the persons interest. But if I were the one, I'll go for geology
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2018
sirgalahad26:
madam, e neva reach like dat nah grin grin grin
Don't console me oo angry
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Towbaba500(m): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2018
good morning everybody, I'm here again oo.my problem is yet to be resolved. i need to get to the i-t center in ui to log my complaints. anybody who has any idea where it is located?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2018
ChiomaMee:

University of Ibadan, Ibadan remains the best school in Nigeria.

She will continue to be the best no matter how slow her calendar is

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MickieSmart(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2018
here's the link to my chat with the VC concerning the uncleared students. https://mobile.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=1785856984770118_1786014031421080&count=2&curr&pc=1&ft_ent_identifier=1785856984770118&gfid=AQCMagrPYHLsTarL&refid=52&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1785856984770118%3Atl_objid.1785856984770118%3Athrowback_story_fbid.1785856984770118%3Athid.100000375006436&__tn__=R
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Diction7: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2018
Sirgalahad26, she can study whatever course she so desires. In the 21st century information is key to success, therefore, urge her to take some time to make a research on these courses. She'll learn more from doing something for her own future (through personal research) than through your telling her what you think is best for her. I say this because she'll have to deal with the consequences of her decision, if it works out for her then she'll be glad, if it doesn't she'll build forward from the experience. She secretly knows what she likes, she should boldly go for it, even if it means rewriting SSCE to get what her heart truly desires
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Alienwrit3r: 10:59am On Apr 17, 2018
Nltaliban:

U.I calendar is just on a codeine diet ni jhare... wink
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2018
Nltaliban:

All these UI fanatics sef.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by adebayobr(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=Towbaba500 post=66762810]hello pls i tried to pay for my accommodation but i can't find the accommodation fees option on my dashboard..pls what can i do
Cc;ajet001
psalmiel
nltaliban
Mrhistorian
condomsir
pes13
sirgalahad
queenara
pls help me oo[/quote
abeg me self dey experience d same tin oooo
actually when I was cleared and allocated matric numba and hall of residence d accomodation payment link was there bt later it disappeared and I can only see
school fees and ges only in the payment portal up till dis morning. av been experiencing it for like 3 days now
pls what can I do abt it??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Isrkay: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2018
Nltaliban:

I rep Tedder hall too

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Alienwrit3r: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2018
People, abeg den just give me matric no. and HOR....how I go sign in to my portal...cos I dey fllw d instructions wey dey dere now, na nonsense d thing dey tell me...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmiel(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
sirgalahad26:
physics,
statistics,
Psamiel,

Let her seek the face of God on the subject matter to clear all doubts.
But as for me, I'll as well go for Geology grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by psalmiel(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
Alienwrit3r:
People, abeg den just give me matric no. and HOR....how I go sign in to my portal...cos I dey fllw d instructions wey dey dere now, na nonsense d thing dey tell me...

It's a gradual process. Relax.
It may even be tomorrow before your portal will be activated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.