Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (726270 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
Rayman1000:
last year cut off was 62.14 and might likely go up, your score was 56.295 approximately, if you aren't an eld, I'd advice a change of course or institution cos chances are slim and trust me, the pass rate was kinda high this year.
Cc Ajet001, historian, CondomSir, hummeh, Rursh, oldfoolnigger...
well said!!!

mccben4 pls listen to this advice!

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by geegirl109: 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good evening sir's and ma's in the house..Pls what is the subject combination for C.L.A in U.I?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dejipaul001: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
please,i'm confused help me out.
i chose industrial chemistry as a course to study in u.i with eng,chem,phy and bio as jamb subject combination. what cause confusing was that jamb subject combination for industrial chemistry is eng,math,chem,phy.
please have i not made a mistake? please,fast reply,if u.i specify to accept both eng,math,chem,phy and eng,chem,phy,bio for industrial chemistry.
God bless...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
geegirl109:
Good evening sir's and ma's in the house..Pls what is the subject combination for C.L.A in U.I?

UTME

You'll need the compulsory English Language,Literature and two subjects from the arts or social sciences.

Note that at least one art subject must be choosen to fill the two spaces,you might now fill the remaining subject with either a subject from arts or social science.

O'level

Maths
English Language
Literature
CRK/any art subject
Government/any social science subject.

Better Still,state your subject combination so it'd be easier to advise!

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
dejipaul001:
i chose industrial chemistry as a course to study in u.i with eng,chem,phy and bio as jamb subject combination. what cause confusing was that jamb subject combination for industrial chemistry is eng,math,chem,phy.
please have i not made a mistake? please,fast reply,if u.i specify to accept both eng,math,chem,phy and eng,chem,phy,bio for industrial chemistry.
God bless...

Based on my perception,I think whoever writes Physics,English,Chemistry and Mathematics as their UTME subjects is an applicant to the faculty of technology which comprises of mostly Engineering courses.

So,I dont think you do have any issue,If I am to critically look at your UTME combination.

But then,

Bobola65
Babablogger
Ajet001
Horluwajorbar
EngrBello

will be ever-willing to shed more light on this.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by thankyouJesus(m): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
mathefaro:
Hmm. Baaaaaba o. His humility is second to none. ThOse of you coming in for mathematics, I'll enjoin you to cling onto this boss o, with him and God on your side, all mathematical battles are good as won.
Oga mi see me for ground dey greet you. I refused to be "casted".
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by thankyouJesus(m): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
babsir:
Good morning guys, please do I have a shot at admission with jamb point =247 and olevel=2B3 and 3C5?

I intend to apply for mathematics, tho am yet to change institution from unilag to UI.

Why do I wantu change to UI? Well unilag requires further maths as part of the 5 olevel core subject which I do not have hence my reason for changing. I hope UI won't require same?

Thanks and have a wonderful day

Cc TheHistorian Ajet001 mathefaro bobola07 thankyouJesus Rayman1000 oldfoolnigger Condomsir
You are good.

I want to be like you when I grow up.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by thankyouJesus(m): 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
mathefaro:
just as some people have rightly said, considering your scores and the cut off mark for mathematics in recent years, you're good to go. Wish you all the best.
And the god of Mathematics has spoken.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by geegirl109: 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

UTME

You'll need the compulsory English Language,Literature and two subjects from the arts or social sciences.

Note that at least one art subject must be choosen to fill the two spaces,you might now fill the remaining subject with either a subject from arts or social science.

O'level

Maths
English Language
Literature
CRK/any art subject
Government/any social science subject.

Better Still,state your subject combination so it'd be easier to advise!

I did eng,crk,govt and lit in eng in my UTME..
In my waec result,,i have eng,crk,govt,lit,yor,agric,and i have d7 in maths but i have it neco but i filled in only my waec result during registration,,hope it doesn't matter..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rayman1000: 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
You welcome
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rayman1000: 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
dejipaul001:
God bless...
Hi, most schools, maths is actually compulsory for a course like chemistry not to talk of industrial chemistry which is almost like studying an engineering course. If it were to be just chemistry I might say your jamb combination would be good but for industrial chemistry it might be another thing. Sha just stay alert for other people to give you information.

Cc Ajet001 oldfoolnigger historian condomsir...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by donblazer10(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
geegirl109:
what's CLA ?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
geegirl109:

I did eng,crk,govt and lit in eng in my UTME..
In my waec result,,i have eng,crk,govt,lit,yor,agric,and i have d7 in maths but i have it neco but i filled in only my waec result during registration,,hope it doesn't matter..
Your UTME subjects are very accurate for CLA!

Now as regards O'level,Up till last year,UI pardons Arts students with D7 in Mathematics(though things "MIGHT" turn around to be different this year).Combining two O'level results endangers one's admission certainity,so you might have to use only your WASSSCE results when registering.With this,you will have to substitute Mathematics for Yoruba Language.

LoL,What registration??The O'level you submitted during UTME's registration holds no water,The main registration begins when UI begins her sale of screening forms!

Moreso,To see how glittering your chances are,You might want to share your UTME percentage and O'level grades so we can help you calculate your total point,using the last year's model.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
donblazer10:
what's CLA ?

Communication And Language Arts.

It is under the faculty of Arts,University of Ibadan.

Though,People argue it's the same with Mass Communication but i have never agreed with that cheesy

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by geegirl109: 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:

Your UTME subjects are very accurate for CLA!

Now as regards O'level,Up till last year,UI pardons Arts students with D7 in Mathematics(though things "MIGHT" turn around to be different this year).Combining two O'level results endangers one's admission certainity,so you might have to use only your WASSSCE results when registering.With this,you will have to substitute Mathematics for Yoruba Language.

LoL,What registration??The O'level you submitted during UTME's registration holds no water,The main registration begins when UI begins her sale of screening forms!

Moreso,To see how glittering your chances are,You might want to share your UTME percentage and O'level grades so we can help you calculate your total point,using the last year's model.

Wow!..Thanks bro..I had C6 in my maths in neco anyways..
As for my UTME score i got 222..
And my O'level grades are
Eng-B3,
Govt-A1,
Crs-A1,
Lit-in-eng-B3 and
Yor-C4..
I already did my calculations and I got 66 point something as my total points and the cut-off point for C.LA in U.I last year was 62 point something..So am i good to go
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
geegirl109:

Wow!..Thanks bro..I had C6 in my maths in neco anyways..
As for my UTME score i got 222..
And my O'level grades are
Eng-B3,
Govt-A1,
Crs-A1,
Lit-in-eng-B3 and
Yor-C4..
I already did my calculations and I got 66 point something as my total points and the cut-off point for C.LA in U.I last year was 62 point something..So am i good to go
You are 'outstandingly' good to go,sir!

Looking forward to meeting you in "faculty functions" next year grin

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by geegirl109: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:
You are 'outstandingly' good to go,sir!
Looking forward to meeting you in "faculty functions" next year grin

Faculty of funtions??..Whatever that means.. Lol and I'm not a sir,sir, I'm a miss..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Wuminity(f): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2017
This was sent to me on WhatsApp.

JAMB ANNOUNCES JULY 17th FOR SALE OF DIRECT ENTRY FORM 2017/2018/CHANGE OF INSTITUTION FORM IS OUT FOR UTME CANDIDATE:-The joint admission & matriculation board (JAMB) have officially announces july17th to kick start the sale of jamb direct entry form 2017/2018 to intrested candidate,the permanent secretary to the board of direct entry commite planing unit 2017/2018 Prof.Matai duka told reuters after a short brief meeting with the minister of information Mr.Adamu Adamu at the University of Abuja on the 19th of june,that the board is set to begin the sale of the form next month with no delay,qualified candidate are expected to have created a jamb profile online through the jamb site jamb.org.ng.The board of the direct entry planing unit have decided that they will be an exam that would be conducted for the intrested candidate after proper regularisation of thier jamb registration number,provided they meet the required ND,NCE,HND upper/lower credit as stated by thier University of thier choices entry requirement.The direct entry candidate are expected to provide there ND,NCE,HND statement of result performances which will be submitted with there direct entry applicant form to any nearest jamb offices for screening,the board also urge utme candidate that want to apply for change institution form to apply at any nearest jamb offices for jamb will not be held responsible for any ignorances of any utme cadidate been scam. SINGED (JAMB DIRECT ENTRY PLANING UNIT 2017/2018) Prof.Matai duka.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babsir(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2017
donblazer10:
after supplementary jamb has been written

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babsir(m): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2017
donblazer10:
after supplementary jamb has been written

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babsir(m): 8:29am On Jun 24, 2017
thankyouJesus:
You are good.

I want to be like you when I grow up.

Bro piko dont whyne, learnt a lot from you guys while preparing for jamb.
You and mathefo so it me that wantu be like you when i grow up
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mccben4(m): 9:17am On Jun 24, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
well said!!!

mccben4 pls listen to this advice!
yes sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dejipaul001: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2017
please,what do you now prefer for me best?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
dejipaul001:
please,what do you now prefer for me best?
cc:
Ajet001.
condomsir.
Rursh.
EngrBello.
what's the right jamb combos for industrial chemistry?
pls help this fellow!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by McLove(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
I think anyone that want to do CLA can also do Yoruba in his UTME right?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holywahala19(m): 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
McLove:
No
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
McLove:

Definitely yes!

To replace the fuçking CRK.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 25, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

cc:
Ajet001.
condomsir.
Rursh.
EngrBello.
what's the right jamb combos for industrial chemistry?
pls help this fellow!

dejpaul001
Industrial chemistry should be inside the department of chemistry, and jamb sub combination for department of chemistry in UI is
eng
chem
phy
mth OR bio.
So, i think the same combo should apply to industrial chemistry. However, you might want to visit the admin office to confirm, so as to have a rest of mind.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 12:42am On Jun 25, 2017
are there not philosophers in here (where are the wise kings)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by lilliesboy(m): 1:10am On Jun 25, 2017
Are 2017/18 postgraduate forms out yet? How much?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Joan011: 1:15am On Jun 25, 2017
please house, has the departmental cut off marks for various courses been released
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 1:20am On Jun 25, 2017
Question 1: please how difficult/easy is it for someone to change his course in year 2 in UI. Someone (an ex student) told me it is next to impossibility how true is this and can some one change from one faculty to another e.g from faculty of art to social science or to faculty of law.

Question 2: would you advice me to use one sitting or two sittings in this kind of situation. i apply for economics in utme and i scored 244 but calculating my weighted score i discovered that am nowhere near the cutoff for economics not even edu economics due to my o level grades which was 2(b3) 2(c5) and 1(c6) so am now opting for philosophy which i think am qualified for, in respect to the last year cutoff. but the dilemma now is that i have been hearing people saying that the cutoff may be increased this year, as last year cutoff mark for philosophy was 50 and my weighted score now is 52 hope it wont be higher than my score this year. meanwhile i dont have lit-in-english in the o level mentioned above which i had in another exam(NECO)(b3) if i add it to my olevel it may hit 54 point since it is allowed to use 6 olevel subject for 2 sitting i think this may boost my chances of getting an admission. or what do you think
cc:
Ajet001.
condomsir.
Rursh.
EngrBello.
help a brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57