Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) (18138 Views)

Ogun Government Commences Repair Of Dilapidated Roads, Drainages / Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo / Dilapidated Roads In Ijeshatedo Surulere Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by omohayek: 11:53am On Apr 08, 2017
It shows how thoroughly Nigerians have been corrupted by "free" public goods funded by oil money, that there should be shock and outrage at people in a local government paying for the upkeep of their own roads. Well guess what: that's how it's supposed to work!

In properly run countries, you pay your local taxes to your council or ward, and in return you get maintenance of roads, sewage, garbage collection and other such facilities. You don't go running directly to the mayor or the governor when your roads fall into disrepair, you write to your local councilmen, and if they fail to perform, you campaign against them in the next local elections. Expecting every public benefit to come directly from the state and federal government - and at no cost - is simply pathological, a textbook case of dependency.

The real scandal here is that local governments in Nigeria have been so thoroughly emasculated by the state governors, not that local residents should be paying to fix local roads.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by bluaero(m): 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
0b10010011:

You cant erase the bitter truth I told u

Idiots made me...

I agree.
I won't erase it
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by 0b10010011: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
bluaero:

I agree.
I won't erase it

Low life on low data grin

Everything about u must be low or small
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by bluaero(m): 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
0b10010011:

I'm a Low life on low data grin

Everything about me must is low and small

Ok. Good info.
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by 0b10010011: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
bluaero:

Ok. Good info.

You must be very dumb! Jeez! One of a kind. 1990 kid
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by bluaero(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
0b10010011:

I am very dumb! Jeez! One of a kind. 1990 kid

Ok. I agree.
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by 0b10010011: 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
bluaero:

Ok. I agree.

Mofo! Void skull! Dumb ass!
Re: Gbagada Residents Contribute To Fix Their Dilapidated Roads (Photo) by bluaero(m): 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
0b10010011:

I'm a Mofo! A Void skull! A Dumb ass!

Wow! Good to know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Form Border Force With Neighbors Benin And Niger To Fight Smuggling / Interdenominational Church Service For Emeka Ihedioha (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Unveils 2021 Greater Lagos Fiesta, Tasks Lagosians On Suport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.