Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? (2861 Views)

Who Says There Are No Jobs, We Have Jobs.. But No Trained Qualified Staff / No Jobs In Umuahia / Please Are There No Jobs In Benin/edo State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by rossyc(f): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2017
I have been going through a lot of job adverts and all i see is Lagos and abuja and am beginning to be curious. What is happening in Portharcourt? All we see is scam adverts Eg: gnld and there brothers. Please help a sister secure a job in Portharcourt. Iam a graduate and i believe i can fit in anywhere. Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Analee(f): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2017
rossyc:
I have been going through a lot of job adverts and all i see is Lagos and abuja and am beginning to be curious. What is happening in Portharcourt? All we see is scam adverts Eg: gnld and there brothers. Please help a sister secure a job in Portharcourt. Iam a graduate and i believe i can fit in anywhere. Thanks in anticipation.
my dear,d tin tire me,ph is no were to b found

2 Likes

Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by eanestca(m): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2017
majority of the jobs in ph are not advertised so you need to look at the right place
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
rossyc:

Have you gotten a Job yet ?

You know, i'd always wondered why there is a large population in Lagos until i tried settling out of Lagos. I ran back after several months of joblessness.

3 Likes

Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
rossyc:

My sister,not only pH,what about calabar? na only Lagos job dey
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by toptop: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2017
Most of the people you find working in other states where actually recruited from Lagos and posted out.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by stunningjudy(f): 6:59am On Jun 12, 2017
toptop:
Most of the people you find working in other states where actually recruited from Lagos and posted out.

That is a terrible generalization. I have gotten 3 jobs via nairaland in PH. The only thing is Ph jobs aren't often advertised, mostly referrals but to say it's Lagos recruitment then post out....naaaa
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2017
True talk. Ph does not have job or dey dnt advertise. Talking from experience..Frankly speaking lagos is where 90% of the jobs are..If u want to get a job in Ph, jst keep announcing to friends n families dat ur job hunting oo incase they hear sumthing cos if ur waiting for advert (dats if dey will even call u after u apply)..hmmm
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by toptop: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2017
stunningjudy:

That is a terrible generalization. I have gotten 3 jobs via nairaland in PH. The only thing is Ph jobs aren't often advertised, mostly referrals but to say it's Lagos recruitment then post out....naaaa

You don't use small firm jobs to analyse. Almost all big employers in Nigeria have their head offices in Lagos. Every state has pocket vacancies not openly advertised. But for big companies that employ much, they always advertise to get the best. And they have their standard HR units in Lagos.

You are still starting. When you have worked for years, then you will be better positioned to respond to reasonings with decorum. As you failed to see the word- MOST that I used. And your personal experience cannot debunk a common trend.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by rossyc(f): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:

Have you gotten a Job yet ?

You know, i'd always wondered why there is a large population in Lagos until i tried settling out of Lagos. I ran back after several months of joblessness.
Hahaha I feel Lagos is still better compared to other states.. Am still looking out for one cos the one am managing is shaking.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by rossyc(f): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2017
ikechizoba:

My sister,not only pH,what about calabar? na only Lagos job dey
My dear most of the adverts u will see is for Lagos. Not like u can't secure a job in other states but u really need to put more effort and hustle hard..Not easy.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
rossyc:

Have you gotten a job now ?
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by rossyc(f): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
supersystemsng:

Have you gotten a job now ?
Thanks for asking. I wouldn't mind a new one if u know of any opening.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by jefy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
Seriously, this whole Lagos thingy is tiring. Must we all relocate to Lag before we get decent job? Seems majority of graduates here are in the edu sector. God help us..fam,am in same shoes as op,badly need one too here in p.h.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
Na wa oh..I have about four guys in Port Harcourt, all four are bitterly complaining about jobs...What's happening in that zone for goodness sakes?
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by jefy(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2017
In P.h, aside teaching jobs,landing other jobs seems difficult,especially companies that have signed MOU with host communities. If you don't know the CLO in charge of that area of opration,or you're nt connected,just forget it. The other day,I was at LNG proposed head quaters at Aboloma Rd,you need to see a large chunk of unemployed youths seeking employment..Non was picked aside 4 dudes who got the opportunity through connection. You cant blame the company 100%,after all,they signed an MOU which restricts them..
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by eanestca(m): 9:30am On Aug 08, 2017
Join this channel on BBM to see and apply for jobs in ph
Port harcourt jobs channel
Pin: C0044B815‎

1 Like

Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by rossyc(f): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2017
rossyc:
Please help a sister secure a job in Portharcourt, aside teaching job, I will be very grateful. Thanks
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by rossyc(f): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2017
Someone please help, if you have any job connection or know of any vacancy please assist, am really getting fade up of everything.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by jefy(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
honestly, I still insist on skill acquisitions and trade. You can acquire a skill some worth related to your career , or a skill you're passionate about. This whole certificate and job search thing has made us lazy and blind to opportunities. Be open minded, make the Nairaland business and investment section your best friend and tap on its benefits and hidden opportunities. If you are still with you're parents , good for you , take time out and learn a skill instead of years of job hunting . Skill and Business education is the ultimate. If and when the job comes, to God be the glory.
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Chevinsmedia: 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
jefy:
honestly, I still insist on skill acquisitions and trade. You can acquire a skill some worth related to your career , or a skill you're passionate about. This whole certificate and job search thing has made us lazy and blind to opportunities. Be open minded, make the Nairaland business and investment section your best friend and tap on its benefits and hidden opportunities. If you are still with you're parents , good for you , take time out and learn a skill instead of years of job hunting . Skill and Business education is the ultimate. If and when the job comes, to God be the glory.

Well said my brother. But I feel this doctrine would have made more sense if it came during our undergraduate days, when there was no pressure from anywhere and when you can boldly call home for pocket money. But, at this stage when you are fully responsible for yourself; it is extremely difficult to afford yourself the luxury of time learning a skill. Where will you even get the resources from?? O r do you learn a skill free of charge??
Will you train a jobless graduate at no cost??

So, the situation is messed up and we only need God's intervention.

But for those that have the luxury of time to acquire a skill, it remains the ultimate. Go for it, otherwise you have bills to pay, and the bills aren't waiting for your to master your skill and start making a living from it.

Take up any small thing that comes your way while hoping, working and striving to make it in life.

See you at the top.

1 Like

Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by tenajconsults: 3:30am On Jul 24, 2018
✨✨✨✨✨✨
Empower yourself today and receive training on how to produce:
- Multipurpose Liquid Soap
- Bar Soap
- Air Fresheners
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Bleach
-Detergent
-Face Powder
-Bathing soap
-Insecticide
-Germicide
All in less than two weeks!
We don't just teach you how to produce these products but you also learn about the business i.e packaging, selling, secrets of the trade + an informative handout manual.
All for #15,000 only!
Do not miss this golden opportunity!
Call, text or whatsapp
+234 813 468 3161 now to book y'our appointment.
Hurry now and become Your Own boss!!
Re: Are There No Jobs In Portharcourt? by Smartjob1(f): 3:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Yes. Very many of them.

For those still looking for that dream job or HR managers who want smooth HR solutions, join the world's smartest job network www.bejite.com today. Find jobs easily, recruit smartly, connect to other HR experts, business owners, and mentors. Sign up now, it is free!

(1) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientist License Renewal Summary For Year 2020 / Skye Bank Entry Level Salary / Vacancies At AZIKEL Dredging Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.