Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com (2080 Views)

Fani-kayode Lists questions Buhari Must Answer To Prove He’s Not Dead / Happy Birthday, Zik Of Africa-ZikistMovement.com / The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
rekeson:
Plz who can tell me how I can be employed into AMC - ATIKU MEDIA CREW ?

BBM: 561EFE90

ATIKU 2019
Don't let Lalasticlala catch you o.
Re: Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com by Blue3k(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
igbodefender:
Nigerians, ask the Federal Government to invest in coal power plants to create market for the coal in Enugu, Kogi, etc., because that is how we can get abundant, cheap power supply. Do it on social media if you don' t like the darkness you are facing right now. #GiveUsCoalPower

Best to call or wrute your State assembly memyers then move to NASS members who sit on board over this.
Re: Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com by locutas: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
igbodefender:
The Federal Government would be the funders of course ( before nko?). As for the offtaker, PHCN of course. BOT should be the modus operandi.

I did ask you to think carefully. Government fund a power plant in a market-driven power system? PHCN as an offtaker?!! PHCN doesn't exist anymore sir. Please do the necessary research before posting.

1 Like

Re: Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
locutas:

I did ask you to think carefully. Government fund a power plant in a market-driven power system? PHCN as an offtaker?!! PHCN doesn't exist anymore sir. Please do the necessary research before posting.
Sir, let's not be nitpicking over trivialities. We have a mixed economy in Nigeria. Even uber capitalist US of A has its Freddie Mac and Fannie May (government owned mortgage banks). As for PHCN, when CNN talks about Washington, I'm sure you know they are talking about Donald Trump and not George Washington. When we say 'Up NEPA' in Nigeria, we know who we are reffering to as NEPA.6

2 Likes

Re: Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
Blue3k:

Best to call or write your State assembly members then move to NASS members who sit on board over this.
Very interesting idea which I will give serious consideration to, but it would be better if all Nigerians talk to their representatives about this, to show how seriously we take the issue.
Re: Coal Remains The Answer To Nigeria's Electricity Problem- Zikistmovement.com by Cjrane2: 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ovamboland:

Is anything preventing Enugu state government putting together a consortium of local and foreign investors to invest in coal production and power generation.
Look at the example of Lagos state and Atlantic city project, they had the dream and put together investors to make it a reality. All these while Lagos state was an opposition state

Stop pretending as if you don't know Nigeria laws.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROHIBITS the exploitation of natural resources in any part of Nigeria without the FG authorizing it.

They have refused to allow the exploitation of Enugu coal for power generation

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari "I Am Not Intresting For The Second Tenure / Obasanjo:nnamdi Kanu Needs Change Of Mentality / Washing The Toys : Dino Melaye Shows Off His Cars - Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.