Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,431 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe (787 Views)

EFCC Arrests Two Chinese Men For Offering N100 Million Bribe In Cash [PHOTOS] / Lady Burnt By Her Boyfriend's Brother In Edo For Rejecting His Sex Advances Dies / Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by farem: 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
Two Officers Promoted for Rejecting $21 Million Bribe

Two police officers, CSP Olusoji Akinbayo and Inspector Sunday Idowu have been promoted to the ranks of ACP and ASP for rejecting a $21 million bribe from one Samuel Wilberforce.

The officers had arrested the said Wilberforce for pipeline vandalisation with his gang, but the officers rejected the inducement and arrested the suspects

Chairman, Police Service Commission (PSC), Mr Mike Okiro, while announcing the elevation of the officers at the 19th plenary meeting of the commission and the first in the year, said the commission has taken the Federal Government’s war against corruption to the next level.

According to him, with a mandate to appoint, promote and discipline members of the police force, the commission has moved not only to discipline officers, who have compromised their position, but has promoted six senior police officers who have showed rare and exemplary courage to arrest corruption.

Consequently, he said, the commission approved the promotion of CSP Sulaiman Muhammad Abdul to the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police for his outstanding performance in the fight against corruption. CSP Abdul, currently with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), in the course of his duty, recovered a whopping sum of forty two billion naira for the Federal Government.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/two-officers-promoted-rejecting-21-million-bribe/
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by eezeribe(m): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
Their combined salaries,pensions and Gratuities after 35 years would never sum up to 21 million dollars.
I am not being hypocritical,if I were in their shoes,I would collect even 21 million naira,talk more of dollars.
Most hypocrites would condemn my statement,but they would gladly collect even 21 thousand naira bribe if they had the opportunity.
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Cyberrex(m): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
my first clear my eyes
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by immaculatengang(f): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
Somebody wake me am dreaming.
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Goodcare(m): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
Am very much happy to hear th I development.... God bless Nigerian good and obedient Policeman

1 Like

Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Davash222(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
Over N7B to bribe Nigeria Policemen I choose not to believe this.

1 Like

Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Pieromania: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
I knw such a rare gesture cn only come frm a notherner,unlike my corrupt southerners,they won't hesitate to implicate an innocent man jst for a bribe of 2k.
Mumu region
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Davash222(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
Pieromania:
I knw such a rare gesture cn only come frm a notherner,unlike my corrupt southerners,they won't hesitate to implicate an innocent man jst for a bribe of 2k.
Mumu region
Two police officers, CSP Olusoji Akinbayo and Inspector Sunday Idowu.

1 Like

Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by farem: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
Davash222:
Two police officers, CSP Olusoji Akinbayo and Inspector Sunday Idowu.
Afonjas set the pace
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by emeijeh(m): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Wow
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Tarnisis(m): 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
Make these police no tell their children o o
cos they may not forgive you
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Ehinmola(m): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hmmmm...m, unbelievable but may be true.
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Shelloween(m): 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
I need some of that sh!t they were smoking that made them reject $21 million. Some people will be praying for blessings but when God finally sends the blessings in disguise, they reject it. Thunder fire those Idiots. I always knew policemen were sensless ignoramuses.
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Khd95(m): 12:41am On Apr 08, 2017
The witches in their villages must be singing "mad over u" with their portraits
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by CrownV12(m): 2:25am On Apr 08, 2017
This is oyel money we are talking about.. best believe it
Re: NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by CarolineOlawale(f): 6:16am On Apr 08, 2017
Ibos will never reject such money.

(1) (Reply)

Futminna Student Stabs His Girlfriend And Himself / Pics Of Father Who Cutoff His Son Head And The Left Leg For Money / 3 Nigerians Scammers Sentenced To 235 Years Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.