Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar (728 Views)

Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sacked As Covenant University Registrar Over Sex Scandal / ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation / How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
I wish to draw to your notice the high level of exploitation of candidates by one of your approved reg. centres, UNIBRIGHT COMPUTER CENTRE. Candidates are charged N2,000 as registration fees which is against the agreed N700. In addition, candidates are charged N500 separately for image capturing while N1,000 was said to be for the profile creation.
This makes it a total of N3,500 to process each candidate's form. I think this clearly indicates that the decision by JAMB to use only specific reg. centres is highly not favourable to the less privileged candidates who can't afford what such centres demand as fees.
While candidates intending to sit for the Mock examination at the centre were asked to pay N1,000, the CEO of the centre said that any candidate wishing to sit for UTME at his centre would have to pay an extra N3,000. This idea was declined by many of us.
I chose this reg. centre due to its proximity to my home town.
Please take necessary actions to stop this exploitation.
seun
lalasticala
Re: An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar by Stephynoe(m): 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ok
Re: An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar by Beejay1117(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
this people are elected or appointed only to milk us dry and make things more difficult for the masses

cc: olawalebabs , Richiez ,
Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 08, 2017
Beejay1117:
this people are elected or appointed only to milk us dry and make things more difficult for the masses

cc: olawalebabs , Richiez ,
Fynestboi
That's why the rich keep getting richer everyday. It's just so annoying!
Cc:
fynestboi
lalasticala
seun
Richiez

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar by Beejay1117(m): 7:58am On Apr 08, 2017
Laive:
That's why the rich keep getting richer everyday. It's just so annoying! Cc: fynestboi lalasticala seun Richiez
they won't answer you

I Don call them tire
Re: An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar by Rasbel(m): 8:27am On Apr 08, 2017
just like some candidates were asked to bring along a sum of #5000 for the mock today
Re: An Open Letter To The Jamb Registrar by ekensi01: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
[quote author=Laive post=55358276]I wish to draw to your notice the high level of exploitation of candidates by one of your approved reg. centres, UNIBRIGHT COMPUTER CENTRE. Candidates are charged N2,000 as registration fees which is against the agreed N700. In addition, candidates are charged N500 separately for image capturing while N1,000 was said to be for the profile creation.
This makes it a total of N3,500 to process each candidate's form. I think this clearly indicates that the decision by JAMB to use only specific reg. centres is highly not favourable to the less privileged candidates who can't afford what such centres demand as fees.
While candidates intending to sit for the Mock examination at the centre were asked to pay N1,000, the CEO of the centre said that any candidate wishing to sit for UTME at his centre would have to pay an extra N3,000. This idea was declined by many of us.
I chose this reg. centre due to its proximity to my home town.[quote] Jambite in NL?

(1) (Reply)

Ajayi Crowther University Student Set To Riot / Summary Of The Jamb Novel "In Dependence" / Why 14 Black Male Cambridge Students Posed For This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.