Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

S.E.O Tips: What Is A Meta Tag And How To Add Meta Tags In Blogger Blogs - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / S.E.O Tips: What Is A Meta Tag And How To Add Meta Tags In Blogger Blogs (652 Views)

Parsing Error When Putting Meta Tags In Blogger: Please Help Me / Blogging: How Google Meta Tags Affect SEO / Help Please! How Do I Change Tag And Upload Music To My Site Via Music Url (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

S.E.O Tips: What Is A Meta Tag And How To Add Meta Tags In Blogger Blogs by eaglegist: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
What is A Meta Tag, How to add Meta tags in Blogger Blogs and prevent duplicate Meta Description.
Has an upcoming bloggers or someone that has been blogging for a while, their are certain things we need to know which can help build our blog to be S.E.O friendly, One of this is Meta Tag Description. Have you ever wonder what this really mean and their major roles in help building our blog? Well we have made comprehensive post on what Meta tag Description is, how you can add it to your blog and prevent duplicate meta tag description.
First and foremost, What is meta tag description ? Meta tags are HTML or XHTML tags that describe your blog and tells the search engines what your blog is all about. Meta tags can be used to specify page description, keywords and much more . Many search engines use this information when indexing pages. In this tutorial, I am sharing with you, how to add meta tags to blogger blogs, while also preventing duplicate meta descriptions, which is a known problem with blogger blogs.
You must add the description and keywords meta tags to your blog , if you want to improve your blog SEO (Search Engine Optimization). The tags are placed inside the head section of your blog template HTML. In description meta tag , you put a description of your blog, telling what your blog is about. In keyword meta tag you put in key words relevant to your blog content eg make money, blogging tips etc Here I am going to discuss about some Meta Tags we use. There are many Meta tags that are used in html like description meta tag, title meta tag , keyword meta tag , a uthor meta tag , robots meta tag . But we mostly use three important Meta tag. Keyword, description, author and that is what this post will be focusing upon.
1. KEYWORD MET TAG Keyword Meta tag is most powerful Meta tag, it will also help in SEO. It provides the main keywords of your blog to Search engines. This is the most useful Meta Tag for SEO. Meta Tag is like this:
< meta name="keywords" content="Latest Technology, New Gadgets, Tips and tricks, Tech News, Blogging, Blogger Widgets, SEO " /> Note: Put comma after every key-word.
2. DESCRIPTION META TAG The description Meta tag is used to describe your blog content. This meta tag is like this - < meta name="description" content="Blogger Explorer is The World of Blogging & Computer Technology. You will see it is a completely new look, design & feel. This Site is related to Latest Technology, New Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Tech News, Web Designing, Blogging, blogger widgets SEO. "/>
3. AUTHOR META TAG The author Meta tag is used to tell about the author to the visitor of a site. This Meta tag is look like this- <meta name="author" content="Ayeni Emmanuel Oluwasina" />
How to add Meta tags in a blogger blog
1. Sign in to your blogger account then go on your blogger. 2. Click on template button placed on left side bar. 3. Now you have two options Customize and Edit HTML, click on Edit HTML button.
Note: Customize button is used to edit your template by GUI method and Edit HTML for editing via coding method.
4. Now tick the left top check box ‘Expand Widget Templates’ and search the below code. (use Ctrl+f to search. <b:include data='blog' name='all-head- content'/> if the above code is not found then try the code below </head> 5. Now add the below code just after the above code. Shown as above picture: <meta name='description' content='YOUR BLOG DESCRIPTION HERE' /> <meta name='keywords' content='YOUR BLOG KEY WORDS HERE' /> <meta name='author' content='AUTHOR OF BLOG NAME HERE' />
How to Customize your Meta Tag Code Replace YOUR BLOG DESCRIPTION HERE with your own description. YOUR BLOG KEYWORDS HERE WITH keywords of your blog. And last AUTHOR OF BLOG NAME HERE By the author's name or Your name Now save your template. You have done. Note: Always backup your Template before you implement any changes
Re: S.E.O Tips: What Is A Meta Tag And How To Add Meta Tags In Blogger Blogs by eaglegist: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
Re: S.E.O Tips: What Is A Meta Tag And How To Add Meta Tags In Blogger Blogs by ogafinance: 12:03am On Apr 08, 2017
I really appreciate this post. thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Template From For Blogger / If Already Exist PHP /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.