Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) (67828 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Demolishes Dan Anyiam Plaza In Owerri (Photos) / EFCC Discovers N6bn Hotel In Abuja Linked To Patience Jonathan / EFCC Discovers Hidden Money In Ikoyi Lagos Home (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Jajayi: 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Lagos zone, this evening uncovered yet another large sum of suspected laundered money to the tune of N448,850,000 (Four hundred and forty eight million, eight hundred and fifty thousand naira) only in a shop at LEGICO Shopping Plaza, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos. The money stashed in several Ghana Must Go bags were in N500 and N1000 denominations, hidden in a shop awaiting conversion into foreign currency.

Relying on information provided by a concerned whistle blower, operatives of the Commision swooped on the shopping complex and sought the identity of the owners of two shops, LS 64 and LS 67 which were under locks and keys. The shops had signages of Bureau de Change. Inquries about the owner of shop 64 indicated he had not been seen for a long time, as they claimed the shop had not been opened for businesss for close to two years. Several calls were put to the owner of shop 67 but there was no response.

The attention of the plaza's chairman and some traders were drawn in order to force the shops open. There was no money found in shop 67, but in shop 64 heaps of Ghana Must Go bagswere found loaded on the floor of the shop. When the bags were unzipped they were found to contain bundles of naira notes totalling N448,850,000. Traders interviewed at the premises claimed they were not aware such money was housed in there, as the place hardly opens for business.

The Commission is investigating the matter in order to unravel the owner and source of the money.

See photos and video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiH3pjJMCDs

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/04/efcc-discovers-n400-million-cash-in.html

3 Shares

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by AntiWailer: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
They will still not be able to charge anybody.

Bunch of failures.

The earlier FG sack all the incompetent lawyers handling corruption cases the better for all of us.

With all the evidences they have against all these thieves they can not prove their case beyond reasonable doubt.

BVN, evidence of transfer, witnesses , some of the lodgement were even reported to NFIU becos most of these 3rd class 'certificated' politicians have no idea of how to operate with clean tracks.

Yet, the case gets messed up.

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Jajayi: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Jajayi: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
More

1 Share

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Jajayi: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
More

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by igbozionism(m): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
kai make ti hear word. I don't believe this because buhari government is full of propaganda! I can a only believe this if the money belongs to burutai, babachir lawal, amaechi or femi adesina

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Realdeals(m): 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
Na wao!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by meezynetwork(m): 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
Story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by DozieInc(m): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
tongue tongue sad

Mynd44 sighted.
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by rozayx5(m): 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
igbozionism:
kai make ti hear word. I don't believe this because buhari government is full of propaganda! I can a only believe this if the money belongs to burutai, babachir lawal, amaechi or femi adesina

the whole story sounds fake

they were still counting , but they published 400M naira

and a video of money on the flloor

another dose for zombies i guess

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by profhezekiah: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
Clowns live a pathetic and depressed life I pray U dont die of depression but if U dont stop this rubbish.....
Sarrrki:
That's The Money Meant For Our BMC Members In Lagos, Our Lagos Coordinator Knows About It...

We BMC And APC Are D Real Enemies Of The People !!!

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by vedaxcool(m): 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
Defenders of Corruption over to you

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Discovers ke.. That is someone property na, his office, his BDC, his money..

I won't believe this story until I see a credible source. I will also be interested if the business is owned by a politically exposed person otherwise, count me out....

An ordinary businessman can have 400million and decides to keep in his office. Abi na offence not to bank such amount?

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by seunlly(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
I wish I was the one that discovers it first

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by conductor1: 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
Breaking: EFCC discovers Buhari's brain where he left it in the other room of an abandoned house.

18 Likes

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by pbethel: 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
All hail naija
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by pbethel: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
To those shouting no money in Nigeria...... C ds
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Islie: 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2017
Corruption have eaten deep into this nation system

How did such amount have wings to fly to were it was discovered

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Pilar4u(m): 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
See money...
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by auntysimbiat(f): 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Justuceleague2: 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
OK now sarrrki another parody account defaming original owner of

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Dcomrade(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
Magu will just be doing film trick up and down trying to play with our intelligence . grin

They will tell you the exact amount now, but ask him to tell you the total amount recovered So far, he will still tell you he does not have records of it. grin

Dear Lord pls lead me to where I will always find free Millions just like the EFCC, from Kaduna Airport to.. .. tongue

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Lusola15: 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
Another one for the media
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by efilefun(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Well the basic truth is if the source of the fund is legit nobody will keep such away from the bank (BVN now making people turn their pit and other hidden locations into banks) with rate of criminals on rampage and am pretty sure the whistle blower knows alot about that funds thats why he blew whistle on it, even dont be surprised its the owner of the shop who blew the whistle just to get his share outta the "national cake"
verygudbadguy:
Discovers ke.. That is someone property na, his office, his BDC, his money..

I won't believe this story until I see a credible source. I will also be interested if the business is owned by a politically exposed person otherwise, count me out....

An ordinary businessman can have 400million and decides to keep in his office. Abi na offence not to bank such amount?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by pennywys(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Cash that can change lives
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by SeniorZato(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
EFCC the use jazzz
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by DankemzI(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Naso
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
You guys are very good at telling us how much you have busted but when asked to give an account of the sums recovered, you wee be saying what I don't understand.

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by soberdrunk(m): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
angry
Re: EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) by pwetie: 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
U DONMEANIT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MC Oluomo's Book 'My Service To Humanity' Goes Viral (Photos) / Bukola Saraki Sits On The Floor At Emir Of Ilorin's Palace (Photos) / CBN Governor Emefiele Hurriedly Leaves US After Buhari's Tongue-Lashing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.