Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How I Nearly Lost A Large Sum Of Money To A Football Bet Agent After Winning. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How I Nearly Lost A Large Sum Of Money To A Football Bet Agent After Winning. (902 Views)

'call Me Mr. VAR!' - Iheanacho Delighted After Winning Game For Leicester / Just In: Boy Win A Whooping Sum Of 50 Million On Bet9ja With 100 / Bet9ja Shop Bet Agent Only!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Nearly Lost A Large Sum Of Money To A Football Bet Agent After Winning. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
Written by Christian C. Ozor
“Poverty na disease,” just like Naija comedians do say. Indeed poverty is bad. When you don’t have money you are not celebrated, and when you are not celebrated you are just tolerated.
This particular Wednesday, I was so hungry. No food at home and my mom was yet to be back from market she went to. I just came back from my dad’s carpentering shop. The remaining N100 my dad gave to me was what was left with me. I went to Iya labake’s food canteen. Na beg I wan go beg to see if she fit sell food for me. But it was unfortunate that Iya labake chased me away. The one that pained me most was, she said I always come there to buy things on credit. That one pain me for bone. She said it in front of many customers. Even customers that come normally come to my dad’s shop to give my dad work. I had only bought things on credit from her just 3 times. “She no wan even wan look my face as I bring out N100. Though I wanted to buy a food of N200 then give her N100, to come back later to give her the remaining N100. With annoyance in me, I left with my N100 with terrible hunger holding me to ransom.
My tummy was playing royal rumble. Na so I take my money waka dey go back home. While I was going back home, I saw a friend of mine in Nairabet shop. Na so I say make I enter go greet him. I never had any intension of betting on any game. The ones I have been betting I had never won any so I felt there was no need of betting make I rest for a while because I no get money. But the way those guys were arguing about the games. Something began to push me to play. I tried to hold myself because na that only N100 I get. Part of me was like “You know you don’t have money. You only have N100 and remember you are still going to your father’s shop, and you wan bet.” Another part of me wants me to bet.
I decided to take the risk to just bet. I just wanted to relieve myself of the insults I received from Iya labake. And I wasn’t a pro in betting game. Na so I just I decided to bet with the N100. I had to bet on just 30 games. After betting with the money, I went back home to drink garri.
2 days later, I had almost forgotten that I had a bet on some games two days back. It was when I was walking across the Nairabet shop in my street that I remembered I placed a bet on some games. And even the games I had a bet on I was not familiar with them. It was 10 English games and 15 European games and 5 Asian games out of anger. Na so I run go house go find my bet slip come go back to the shop. When I got there I gave the slip to the guy at the shop to check it. At first he objected when I gave him the slip. He said the games had passed so he can’t check it. Na so I begin beg ooo. He finally accepted and helped me check. As he was checking it, I noticed he became gentle at a point. He turned and gave me the slip and asked me to tear the slip that only one game spoilt the whole 30 games, and it was one of the English premiership game. “Chaiiii,” as he said it was only one game that spoilt the entire winnings, I was so sad. But I was able to peep on the screen of the computer, but I wasn’t seeing any red bar. I saw all green. As he noticed my eyes were on the screen, he immediately closed the tab. But I was still sad. With the slip still in my hand, I left the place sad. As I was leaving, the guy at the shop still insisted I tear the slip. Well I just ignored him and left. He saw me as a novice in betting game.
As I left the shop, I saw a friend of mine. He was going to bet. He asked why my face looked odd. I told him that Manchester united had spoilt my game. He laughed at me, “eyahhh, sorry,” he consoled me. He asked if I had the slip with me. I told him “yes.” He asked if he could see it. I gave it to him. “No nah, man u win this game nah,” he said. He asked If i didn’t watch the match. I told him I didn’t. “And I rarely watch matches. I just bet then go back to check the outcomes at their bet shops.” He said the game the bet shop guy said Manchester united lost, they actually won it, and he even watched it. Me sef come dey surprise as I hear the thing. He said we should go back to the bet shop. We went back to the shop and the bet shop guy refused to even answer me. The guy sef com dey shout for me. He said shebi he had already asked me to tear the slip. Na so me and my guy come dey beg him make he open the thing again. The guy no gree. He was just trying to intimidate me because I am just a teen at 17. We just want him to open it so we see it ourselves. As we waited and begged, the guy refused. But as we begged more, other people coming into the shop became curious about what was happening. The pressure was immense on the bet shop guy to open my games. Na so the guy come finally open the game. “Chaii, Jehovah is too good.” This guy nearly scam me oo. Everything was green. I have won N180,000 with N100. Na so people come dey carry me up for the shop oo. After everything, the bet shop guy said he would call the manager to comeso my payments will be sorted out. when the manager came, he said they will give me N100,000 that day, then I should come collect the remaining N80,000 the next day. When he gave me the N100,000. Na iya labake canteen I first go. I just wanted to show her that there is nothing God cannot do. The fact say I no get money to buy enough food for her shop, it was even a blessing that I didn’t even use the N100 in her shop. When I got to iya labake’s shop, she didn’t open for market that day. It really pained me. I was so happy, the next day I was given my remaining N80,000. Note: This story was narrated to the author while he wrote.

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Lost A Large Sum Of Money To A Football Bet Agent After Winning. by benzene00: 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
fakkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeee
Re: How I Nearly Lost A Large Sum Of Money To A Football Bet Agent After Winning. by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 08, 2017
Ur story no add up.

(1) (Reply)

Today Best football predictions 16th April | Best Games For Sunday. / Chelsea Have Completed The Signing Of Monaco Midfielder Tiemone Bakayo. / 9-year-old Boy Born Without Legs Becomes Wrestling Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.