Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria (674 Views)

The Percentage Of Nigerians Living In Extreme Poverty Could Increase By 2030 / Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ / I Am Now Happy, Boko Haram Can Be Totally Eradicated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by mulattoclaroo(m): 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
Most times I hear people saying poverty cannot be eradicated from Nigeria and whenever I ask them why they say because it's human nature. That they would always have Rich and Poor people for capitalism to thrive. But I asked myself a question yesterday while I was alone in my thoughts?

Isn't it possible to reduce poverty if every street trader, petty trader, hawker or those who don't earn much are empowered financially with let's say 1m each to start any business of their choice? Let's assume we give these people 1m each to invest into any business of their choice, won't that automatically eradicate poverty in the land? Just asking though.
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by ourema(f): 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
The brand of weed you took must be the Osogbo type

4 Likes

Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by DrGoodman: 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
Most times I hear people saying poverty cannot be eradicated from Nigeria and whenever I ask them why they say because it's human nature. That they would always have Rich and Poor people for capitalism to thrive. But I asked myself a question yesterday while I was alone in my thoughts?

Isn't it possible to reduce poverty if every street trader, petty trader, hawker or those who don't earn much are empowered financially with let's say 1m each to start any business of their choice? Let's assume we give these people 1m each to invest into any business of their choice, won't that automatically eradicate poverty in the land? Just asking though.

Imagine this one, just when I thought all the nut cases has been locked up. Mental Laziness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by tit(f): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
mulattoclaroo:

na this kain person vote for buhari.
this na from the recovery plan wey buhari present yesterday?

2 Likes

Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by obailala(m): 12:22am On Apr 08, 2017
ourema:
The brand of weed you took must be the Osogbo type
E go actually be kwale type grin
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by Desyner: 12:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Oga OP, giving pple N1m will not solve our problem. If The money (N1M) is given to people. There is 95% chance they will import foreign produced items and attempt to sell. By the time they do that for 18 months, atleast 90% of the initial capital would be out of Nigeria. Poverty will only go away when our productivity matches our needs/want.

3 Likes

Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by seunlly(m): 1:03am On Apr 08, 2017
this kid no sabi wetin be inflation abi.
Mehn money go plenty for circulation
Think good thing that can make impact to our country not the one that will destroy it.

1 Like

Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by oyinkinola: 1:19am On Apr 08, 2017
seunlly:
this kid no sabi wetin be inflation abi.
Mehn money go plenty for circulation
Think good thing that can make impact to our country not the one that will destroy it.
....you people brain had been damaged by dead economic theory!
if not!
N500Billion monthly allocation shared never cause inflation, but N200million! will cause it!
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by oyinkinola: 1:27am On Apr 08, 2017
Desyner:
Oga OP, giving pple N1m will not solve our problem. If The money (N1M) is given to people. There is 95% chance they will import foreign produced items and attempt to sell. By the time they do that for 18 months, atleast 90% of the initial capital would be out of Nigeria. Poverty will only go away when our productivity matches our needs/want.
...another dead theory!
1million for each and every 200million Nigeria is how much?
N200million!
every Nigerian is not doing the same job!
and the want of every individual is vary, how can this kill economy?
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by EnkayDezign: 1:38am On Apr 08, 2017
Not gonna work
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by seunlly(m): 2:11am On Apr 08, 2017
oyinkinola:

if not!
N500Billion monthly allocation shared never cause inflation, but N200million! will cause it!
see this naughty kid wu dey talk about the 200 millions I'm talking about giving 1m to every body.
don't u calculate it

1 Like

Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by oyinkinola: 2:20am On Apr 08, 2017
seunlly:
see this naughty kid wu dey talk about the 200 millions I'm talking about giving 1m to every body.
don't u calculate it
....you don't have calculator?
tell how much it will be!
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by igbofocus: 3:16am On Apr 08, 2017
ONLY IGBOS can eradicate poverty from their region!
in fact, only ANAMBRA can save all igbo people if you talk about empowerment financially leaving other states to use the surplus for capital projects!

if only the stupligenius government of the zoo can let us be, we will go places!
imagine a pan IGBO forum where all the IGBO governors will pull resources together!
imagine an IGBO billionaires and millionaires forum where rich guys will empower aspiring young ones!

we can do it but.....not in nigeria or as nigerians!

because nigeria will rubbish our efforts!

its not as if we dont know what to do, its just that nigeria will rubbish it for us!

if the government allows individuals to build roads, seriously IGBO LAND will murder every other region but guess what..................... its not gonna happen because nigeria is bleeped!

let the nigeria FG leave us alone to do our things and lets see what happens!
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 08, 2017
oyinkinola:

....you don't have calculator?
tell how much it will be!
oyinkinola:

if not!
oyinkinola:

...another dead theory!
1million for each and every 200million Nigeria is how much?
N200million!
every Nigerian is not doing the same job!
and the want of every individual is vary, how can this kill economy?
oyinkinola:

if not!
lol, Oyinkiola, i can see where you are getting your calculation wrong, i will enlighten you in the morning!
Re: How I Believe Poverty Could Be Totally Eradicated From Nigeria by oyinkinola: 11:02am On Apr 08, 2017
modelmike7:
lol, Oyinkiola, i can see where you are getting your calculation wrong, i will enlight you in the morning!
....your own morning is at what o'clock?

(1) (Reply)

My Take On The Suspension Of The SGF Lawal / She's Meeting With Zara Buhari In Aso Rock. / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu Leaving Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.