Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard (22543 Views)

FG Announces Decline In Lassa Fever Cases / Herbal Solution For Epilepsy / Seizures / Convulsions / Fits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Shiitposter: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
Zhahovic:

Mice have similar genetic buildcode to humans....so that's why bro

i've always wondered that too, thanks for this info.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by ceejay80s(m): 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
Discovered by who?
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2017
You can't treat epilepsy but only manage it. Nigeria scientists thinks everyone is an illiterate.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dshocker(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian government has been lying to us since independence,so i don't believe them.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by tunjijones(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
farouk0403:
Nice development. finally epileptic patients will feel free and regain their confidence.

But i need an explanation please, why is it that mice are always use as a specimen for experimental purpose.

If it is successful the poor animal is safe, but if it is the other way round nko?

Animals activist need to do something asap.

Are u telling me ur life is not worth more than DAT of a rat?

God gave us dominion over everything on this earth including animals..

Na Oyinbo dey form animal activist. No be for africa

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by farouk0403(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
Zhahovic:

Mice have similar genetic buildcode to humans....so that's why bro

ok thanks
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by farouk0403(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
tunjijones:

Are u telling me ur life is not worth more than DAT of a rat?

God gave us dominion over everything on this earth including animals..

Na Oyinbo dey form animal activist. No be for africa

ok.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by AntiWailer: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
farouk0403:
Nice development. finally epileptic patients will feel free and regain their confidence.

But i need an explanation please, why is it that mice are always use as a specimen for experimental purpose.

If it is successful the poor animal is safe, but if it is the other way round nko?

their dna/genetic formation is close to that of human

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by austinbrown: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
Buhari sef
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by VictorEkwere: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
ourema:
This is a great news for all of us in Nigeria. But my fears are quality control measures and effectiveness. Remember Dr Abalaka HIV Drugs that went viral years ago. Thank God this one is coming from the FG
Let us hope it works
u are right Dr Abalaka would have put Nigeria in Guinness book of record today if it was supported by government but we play politics over everything since it was not from our source all we could do was to help kill d dream.There are so many herbal doctors that government suppose to support for us to have what is not common in the world which will upgrade our global standard but we are not doing it.India believe so mush in their natural herbal treatment thats why they stand out in terms of health treatment, if our government can support us we will do more.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by ekensi01: 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2017
Epilepsey the heritage of yoruba people from 1902. tongue
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by AntiWailer: 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:
You can't treat epilepsy but only manage it. Nigeria scientists thinks everyone is an illiterate.

You are the illiterate here.

They said discovery.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by farouk0403(m): 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

their dna/genetic formation is close to that of human

ok now i know
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Nyceguy92: 2:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
ourema:

I thought it has gone through clinical trials before the announcement. Nigeria government and their policy

I thought so, too.
Much ado about a substance that had some effects on mice.
Such info usually should still be within the confines of the laboratory until the drug is ready human use. It's not worth the media hype.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

You are the illiterate here.

They said discovery.

My friend shut up. You go to every topic and comment thinking you are versatile not knowing you are dumb troll with no focus plan. You know nothing about medicine or Pharmacology. Do you think everyone in Nairaland is an average joe or some unemployed youth?
Do you know the steps it takes to discover a drug? When did they undergo a random screening to get a lead for a potentially drug? Which machine was used to conduct the screening? When did they carry out a clinical trial on the said drug? is it bioactive like they claim and not toxic?
Next time you want to quote/troll in a science section make sure it with a person of similar low IQ like you. Now please move to your political section, and not fool yourself here.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Mayflowa(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
ourema:
This is a great news for all of us in Nigeria. But my fears are quality control measures and effectiveness. Remember Dr Abalaka HIV Drugs that went viral years ago. Thank God this one is coming from the FG
Let us hope it works

You see how the source of this drug is known but not so in Abalaka's case. He kept hiding from all sort of questioning. He felt his knowledge would be stolen. When you have good knowledge to save the world, no one can steal it. I rather even save the world without compensation from anyone.

The guy that discovered polio vaccines never collected a dime till date. It saved the world from six killer diseases

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by AZeD1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
farouk0403:

The next stage is supposed to be clinical trial. There humans would volunteer and they would be monitored.
It's after then it can actually be declared safe for humans and that it works.

Clinical trial can last 10 years.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by AntiWailer: 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

My friend shut up. You go to every topic and comment thinking you are versatile not knowing you are dumb troll with no focus plan. You know nothing about medicine or Pharmacology. Do you think everyone in Nairaland is an average joe or some unemployed youth?
Do you know the steps it takes to discover a drug? When did they undergo a random screening to get a lead for a potentially drug? Which machine was used to conduct the screening? When did they carry out a clinical trial on the said drug? is it bioactive like they claim and not toxic?
Next time you want to quote/troll in a science section make sure it with a person of similar low IQ like you. Now please move to your political section, and not fool yourself here.

I am not your friend. I can't handle your Extreme High I Q. tongue

You are still an illiterate but this time a more vocal illiterate.

They said a drug was DISCOVERED to cure an ailment and you said it can not be cured but managed. Does that statement makes sense to you too or you were just caught offside and need to fight back.

DISCOVERED not yet ADMINISTERED.

So if a drug to cure HIV is DISCOVERED. You will still write rubbish that HIV has no cure.

It is common sense. You don't have to be 'certificated' in Pharmacology.

The guys involved will include Professors so a 'Certificated' Pharmacologist like you should shut up.

On versatility, when the topic comes up , quote me with facts and i reply you with fact.

It is not my fault that I am widely informed.

On IQ, You need to be able to cope in my area of specialization first before we even compare IQ. grin grin

For some one who heard that some thing new was discovered and did not bother to ask questions about authenticity but instead based his argument on the believe that there was never a solution and there can never be any.

Your IQ level na WEH DONE Sir.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by thundafire: 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
Aba pirators go dy happy fud dn cum cheesy
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by michoim(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2017
Thank God. A breakthrough for PMB God ordained government. Wailers over to you. ..
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by abbeyty(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
Thy should test it on our Epilepsy power supply first to see if it really works
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by AntiWailer: 3:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
abbeyty:
Thy should test it on our Epilepsy power supply first to see if it really works

grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

Nice one.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by geunik(m): 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
farouk0403:

Thanks i am enlightened.

you are welcome. For informations relating to health and drugs, please check my signature.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Those guys are good! They did the IR and TL aspects of my project back then. Nice one!
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by nesta007(m): 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
Great news to think this was what killed my brother Sept 10 2008....
ourema:
The Sheda Science and Technology Complex (SHETSCO) says it has carried out research and development of a Phyto-drug for the treatment of epilepsy.
The Minister of Science and Technology announced this at the closing ceremony of the one week Technology Expo held at Eagle Square, Abuja. He said the drug was discovered by one of its 17 agencies charged with the responsibility of identifying local solution for local problems.
According to the Director General of the agency, Prof. Sunday Thomas, the anti-epilepsy drug was developed from the root of the plant belonging to the Celeastraceae family, which was identified and investigated for its chemical and biological properties for the treatment of epilepsy.
He said that the Phytochemical, antimicrobial brine shrimp lethality btest and toxicity test were carried out. The toxicity test, he said showed that the plant material was quite safe for consumption.
According to him, am antiepileptic studies carried out indicated that the plant extract was effective in the control of epileptic seizures in Swiss albino mice of mixed sexes.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/fg-announces-discovery-epilepsy-drug/

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Ubenedictus(m): 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

Calm down and read again, the proposed drug has already been tested for toxicity.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by shadeyinka(m): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

I know about this drug/food supplement. It seems to reverse the misfiring brain electrical supply leading to Epilepsy.

Clinical trials is a long way off but the drug isn't a new invention perse. It is one of the herbal drugs with the active ingredients extracted.

I have spoken mildly.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by sunnyeinstein(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
ourema:

I thought it has gone through clinical trials before the announcement. Nigeria government and their policy

Me too oo i thought. But let's give credit when due sha, that of course is if this is not another propaganda to make us think they are working.

Passingshot: i don't kniw how we have continued meningitidis outbreak with medical microbiologists aplenty in the country. Oh, sorry, my bad, microbiologists are not recognised in nigeria, we only know SLT and all they know how to do is tell you what is already known, no iota of research know-how.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by vertueptime: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Pls donate ur brain to science for experiment since u dnt need it, we welcome u to be our sacrificial lamb and we wil let d poor rats free
farouk0403:

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

I know about this drug/food supplement. It seems to reverse the misfiring brain electrical supply leading to Epilepsy.

Clinical trials is a long way off but the drug isn't a new invention perse. It is one of the herbal drugs with the active ingredients extracted.

I have spoken mildly.

Now this is a person that I can respond to not some oversabi illiterate that thinks getting a drugs to the market is APC/PDP rift.

Agreed with your statements in second paragraph but as a herbal drug, the toxicity is where the issue lies. I know they said its toxic free or not a deadly side effect but drugs from herbal source are very notorious for their toxicity. E.g. Morphine, codeine, aspirin etc.
Are you a doctor, microbiologist or pharmacologist? Very Impressed with your brief opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Sleep Day: Ten Things To Do To Achieve Healthy Sleep / Motorist Slumps While Driving On Epe Road, Dies In Hospital / Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.