Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS (12930 Views)

Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board / Jonathan’s Pathetic Apologetics - Punch Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by HungerBAD: 4:10am On Apr 08, 2017
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana SAN, has announced his resignation from the editorial board of ThisDay newspaper following the publication of a report by the newspaper which he described as “a figment of the imagination of its writers.”

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria explained in a statement that he took his decision after the paper published “without any factual basis” on April 3 that he influenced the appointment of Mr. Ola Olukoyede as Chief of Staff to the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Falana said, “As the tendentious publication could not be justified, I was compelled to resign my membership of the editorial board of the newspaper.

“In a desperate bid to blackmail me, the forces of corruption who are using the newspaper to fight back proceeded to allege that Mr. Olukoyede was a lawyer in my office and that I seconded him to the EFCC.

“It was also alleged that the EFCC had given me one of the properties forfeited to the Federal Government by ex-governor DSP Alamieyeseigha.”

He, however, said Olukoyede never worked in his law firm and that he only met him for the first time about two years ago.

“Having not known him or worked with him closely, I could not have recommended him for any position of responsibility either in the EFCC or in other public office,” Falana said.

He also rubbished the claim that the EFCC handed a property to him, saying, “The second allegation is equally a figment of the fecund imagination of the fictitious writers in ThisDay newspaper.”

The human rights lawyer stated that though the address of the property allegedly given to him by the EFCC is not stated, it is public knowledge that all the funds and other assets forfeited by the late governor were handed to the Bayelsa State government sometime in 2010 by the then management of the EFCC.

He added, “Based on my belief in public accountability, I have never said that the properties recovered by the EFCC should not be investigated.”

Falana urged members of the public to disregard the report “of the reactionary elements who are hell bent on diverting the attention of Nigerians from the mega looting of our commonwealth by a coterie of plutocrats.”

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/04/07/falana-quit-thisday-editorial-board-protest-fictitious-report/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by kingphilip(m): 5:43am On Apr 08, 2017
Na so people de spoil others hard earned reputation because of peanuts..

It will never be well with such people

25 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by BiafraIShere(m): 6:22am On Apr 08, 2017
This attention seeker again?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by iokpebholo: 6:23am On Apr 08, 2017
kingphilip:

reputation ke? APC lawyer get reputation? Hypocrite na him b

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:28am On Apr 08, 2017
Let him sue then let his son falz also write one jam addressing the matter!

5 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Toketimt: 6:34am On Apr 08, 2017
iokpebholo:
reputation ke? APC lawyer get reputation? Hypocrite na him b

To ur pathetic kind, ozerkheme isn't a hypocrite right?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by reuben79: 6:44am On Apr 08, 2017
BiafraIShere:
in history of nigeria Biafra never ve human rit lawyer............and u open ur mouth and call falana attection wat?u must be a sickler

28 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Flyingngel(m): 6:49am On Apr 08, 2017
Quick to forget hw you also label others fictitiously. I am not holding brief for Thisday Newspaper.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by abescom: 7:13am On Apr 08, 2017
Very patriotic move. Next is he suing the paper. Next time they won't publish reports without verification.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by apcisevil: 7:17am On Apr 08, 2017
reuben79:
in history of nigeria Biafra never ve human rit lawyer............and u open ur mouth and call falana attection wat?u must be a sickler
Who care for a pathetic human right lawyer. ...what has his human lawyer achieved for Nigerians whose rights are abused daily? If you must know, biafrans don't want anything about your Nigeria. ..let everyone go their ways

13 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by iokpebholo: 7:40am On Apr 08, 2017
Toketimt:

To ur pathetic kind, ozerkheme isn't a hypocrite right?
grow up kid, I never mentioned ozokhome na, y u dey get guilty conscience?

14 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by vedaxcool(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2017
Thisday of thieves

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by clickbnkgod: 8:39am On Apr 08, 2017
I will just keep mum on this. Let others do the talk
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
this shameless Afonja charge and bail lawyer

8 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by BuhariNaWah: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
G

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by kolakunle11(m): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
more of the same please
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by babyfaceafrica: 8:41am On Apr 08, 2017
kingphilip:

Amen..Nigerian papers are joke...

No investigative journalism again...take news from sun,vanguard,this day and the rest.. Hungry people
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Ogashub(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Philinho(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2017
no one is pursuing u. yet ,n you've started running upanda

4 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2017
falzthebaddaddy grin

2 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Error111: 8:43am On Apr 08, 2017
Dear Nairalanders
Please i don't like how my skin looks very rough & unsexy, i want you to kindly suggest a good body cream for me.
I want a cream that will make my skin very soft, fresh, smooth, and fair (without bleaching)
Please i really need your suggestions.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 08, 2017
BiafraIShere:

Just look at your moniker... No wonder you guys are described as the defenders of corruption. I can bet my breakfast that you didn't even read the piece before rushing to comment which makes me wonder if your sense is bigger than a grain of sand. I hail o.

5 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 08, 2017
that is why you always hear "our source said", "an eye witness that dont
want his name printed on the paper", and all lies.....

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by sammyj: 8:46am On Apr 08, 2017
This should be ashamed of themselves. I never believe any news published by this media firm. Shame on them the man should just take them to court !!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by mennagina(m): 8:46am On Apr 08, 2017
people with pride and self worth

3 Likes

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by SuccesYear: 8:48am On Apr 08, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Let him sue then let his son falz also write one jam addressing the matter!
u can assist his son write the lyrics and sale to him. Abi
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 08, 2017
Error111:
Dear Nairalanders
Please i don't like how my skin looks very rough & unsexy, i want you to kindly suggest a good body cream for me.
I want a cream that will make my skin very soft, fresh, smooth, and fair (without bleaching)
Please i really need your suggestions.
Thanks

You are indirectly advertising on the platform by posting and replying yourself wiith a link to a product you're promoting. You wise at all

1 Like

Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by mazizitonene(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2017
so many sick kids on NL.......and the worst part ?....they don't know they are sick.....
Re: Falana Quit Thisday Editorial Board To Protest ‘fictitious’ Report- PM NEWS by AreaFada2: 8:50am On Apr 08, 2017
So people who lied endlessly against GEJ are sensitive to lies like this? cheesy grin

How funny life is.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Only Exists On Twitter And Whatsapp - Festus Keyamo / Shagari's Death: Buhari To Visit Sokoto Tomorrow / Obasanjo Stole Nigeria's Billions Of Dollars - WikiLeaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.