Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri (809 Views)

Hushpuppi Faces Up To 20 Years Imprisonment In US / Men Who Sexually Assaulted 9 Horses, Cow, Goat & Dogs Bag 41 Imprisonment In US / 7 Nigerians Drug Dealers Bags 105 Years In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by ANBAKO: 5:55am On Apr 08, 2017
The Secunda District Court in Mpumalanga, South Africa on Wednesday, 5 April 2017, handed hefty sentences to six Nigerian nationals, who were found guilty of manufacturing and dealing in drugs.

Chibuzor Paul Ezekware, Samuel Okafor and Goodwin Addo Abunne were each sentenced to 36 years imprisonment. Henry Ulangu Ukaegby and Innocent Akuziele will spend 16 years in jail each, while Junior Okafor was sentenced to 18 months behind bars.

Ezekware, Okafor and Abunne were also ordered to pay R11 500, R4 800 and R7 000 back to the state respectively. Ukaegby and Akuziele will pay R2 600 and R1 800 back to the state respectively.
The seventh suspect’s case will be heard in the Evander Regional Court on 10 May 2017.

The National Head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation, Lieutenant General Mthandazo Ntlemeza, has welcomed the sentence, saying the Hawks do not aim to arrest suspect only, but to secure convictions and ensure that justice is served.

“We are clamping down on drugs and all other serious crimes and criminals must be warned that we will send them to jail for a very long time,” said Lieutenant General Ntlemeza.

The suspects were arrested by the Hawks in Secunda and Crime Intelligence on 18 August 2016. (See photos of two of them on the day of arrest).
"The crackdown (called Project 24) on the syndicate came today after 14 months of investigation and gathering of information using unconventional methods,” said Capt Lucy Sekgotodi, provincial spokesperson for the Hawks on the day of arrest.
The Hawks began moving in on the dealers at 04:00 that morning and arrested the seven men at various houses in Secunda and Trichardt.

They also confiscated five vehicles used in drug transactions.

Culled from lindaikejisblog.com

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by ANBAKO: 5:58am On Apr 08, 2017
#saynotodrugs

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by HungerBAD: 6:01am On Apr 08, 2017
So sad.

There is a serious problem in the Eastern part of Nigeria,and it is so sad the way we Nigerians have trivialized it.

We make light of it here,with statements like NA THEM,Igbo's and other petty Acronyms.

But the truth is,these issues have to be addressed by the Easterners,and how they go about it is something they will need to workout among themselves.

I don't know if it is the Eastern Radio and Television stations that will help us,or maybe at their monthly town hall meetings,or maybe by words of the mouth among themselves,that it is time they stop bringing shame and disgrace not just to their tribe/region,but also our Country.

The Sad thing is that their Kinsmen/Elders See nothing wrong with a life of crime. I mean,how can there be a particular part of a Country always associated with the same crime every time?

The Sad thing is that outside Nigeria,the law enforcement/immigration/Citizenry of other Countries don't know the difference in tribes between us,and we all suffer the stigma and harassment of being called Drug Dealers.

It is time like this,I wish they could get their Biafra. So that they can be well differentiated from the rest of us when they get caught.

This is shameful,and Shame to any Easterner that comes to this thread to support this shame.

Walks out of thread in anger.

9 Likes

Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by cathodekazim: 6:06am On Apr 08, 2017
NCAN fin. sec reporting live from Lagos
Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by CarolineOlawale(f): 6:07am On Apr 08, 2017
Ipob yoots una nor dey tire?

Okay.... I understand you people want to develop S.A right?

Whey your ugwu hawking governor can't even do anything about your erosion savaged land. I even heard their ladies are using cucumber to replace their men in the department below. Because their men has erectile dysfunction as a result of drinking to much ogogpro.

Shame on yeasterners! Flatrons are nothing but shame to the country and Africa as a whole!

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by pokipoki: 6:09am On Apr 08, 2017
Hmmmm. Nigerians and the drug trade. SA relaxed drug laws and the demand for drugs keep encouraging more nigerians into the drug business.
Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 08, 2017
CarolineOlawale:
Ipob yoots una nor dey tire?

Okay.... I understand you people want to develop S.A right?

Whey your ugwu hawking governor can't even do anything about your erosion savaged land. I even heard their ladies are using cucumber to replace their men in the department below. Because their men has erectile dysfunction as a result of drinking to much ogogpro.

Shame on yeasterners! Flatrons are nothing but shame to the country and Africa as a whole!

since you can't spell easterner correctly.

since you can't spell ogogoro correctly.

Your comment has no meaning, and i just give up on you.

Go learn how to write and spell.
Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by rusher14: 6:26am On Apr 08, 2017
cathodekazim:
NCAN fin. sec reporting live from Lagos

Don't you think it's time to grow up and apply some maturity?

There's a widespread malaise affecting your countrymen and finding a solution should be everybody's responsibility.

Naming and shaming has already been done and it's time to apply empathy and intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by Kwarupshun(m): 7:05am On Apr 08, 2017
By their names we will know their activities.

Kwenu people.

Ah dinor menshun tribe o
Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by CarolineOlawale(f): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2017
Apple1992:

since you can't spell easterner correctly.

since you can't spell ogogoro correctly.

Your comment has no meaning, and i just give up on you.

Go learn how to write and spell.

Pained ipob yoot on d loose grin

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by omofunaab(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2017
kenshiiii com see ur people for here too oooo.

Other African countries are also facing stigmatization because of the crimes committed by our flaat head brothers.

Most of them even see it as hussle
Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2017
omofunaab:
kenshiiii com see ur people for here too oooo.

I hate catching all these threads late cheesy grin

Hopefully, dem go move the other one

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Drug Dealers Sentenced To Over 53 Years Imprisonment In South Afri by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2017
All these ftc preachers put me to sleep.

E ko si danu make we do wetin we sabi do jare grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Ile-ife Clash: Monarch, Others Arrive In Court For Trial / Soon To Wed Nigerian Lady Dies In Fatal Accident In Akwa Ibom(photos) / At Least 50 Dead In Las Vegas Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.