Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,925 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

How To Decide On A Console For Multiplatform Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Decide On A Console For Multiplatform Games (938 Views)

PS3 Slim Console For Sale With 10games + 4 Pads (SOLD) / New PS4 Console For Sale @ Affordable Price / Sony Playstation4 Console For Sale With 500GB Memory Call:08164812599 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Decide On A Console For Multiplatform Games by kosovo(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2009
Early on in the generation, this was a little more challenging simply because developers hadn't become familiar with the new and complex PlayStation 3. However, now that we're mostly past those dark days, the multiplatform title question has become quite clear.

So you've got both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and many times, you have the same question concerning a new release: "which version should I get?" Well, believe it or not, there's a very simple answer to this question, provided you understand how the industry tends to operate. If the game you intend to purchase was initially designed from the ground up with both consoles in mind, the end result will likely be two versions that are almost identical. Any differences at all are usually negligible for the average gamer and it might only come down to controller preference, or something like that. However, if you find that a game began its life as an exclusive project for one particular platform, it's best to simply go with that console. For instance, Bayonetta was only made with the 360 in mind at first and was then ported to the PS3 by Sega, which unsurprisingly has resulted in a lesser-quality PS3 version. Next year, Final Fantasy XIII will launch; this is a title that began development way back when with the White Engine, specifically designed with the PS3 in mind. Furthermore, with the Blu-Ray capacity that is guaranteed to be a bonus, it makes the most sense to nab the PS3 version, regardless of what the 360 fans say.

It's really not that tough. Sure, there are a few graphical differences between some multiplatform games even when they're created with multiple consoles in mind, but in all honesty, it's not typically a big deal. Assassin's Creed II, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, etc.; these are multiplatform titles that aren't significantly better on either the PS3 or 360. In fact, these days, most aren't "significantly better" on one console or the other unless those responsible for making the game switched gears along the way. This may seem like common sense but you'd be surprised how many people aren't aware of the facts,
Re: How To Decide On A Console For Multiplatform Games by ritchboy(m): 11:37am On Dec 30, 2009
It's simple, GET THE XBOX 360 VERSION. 99% of the time, you've made the right choice! cheesy
Re: How To Decide On A Console For Multiplatform Games by kosovo(m): 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2009
hey! Ritchyboy,
Been a long time, could give a helping hand to OhGrey Help! Rrod cheesy
Re: How To Decide On A Console For Multiplatform Games by OhGrey(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
@kosovo

Did you know that by reading your posts one would probably think that you are a salesmanperson with Sony Corp? The truth is that it doesn't really matter that some of the things you say about the xbox360 or PS3 MIGHT be true, but the fact remains that some of us will still own an xbox360. It just like everything else that has variety people will always choose. It don't matter non if that choice is right or wrong, it's still their choice. Freewill baby!! and you can't beat that. That's also the reason why you can jump from thread to thread trolling for sony ,  free will baby!! It's your choice.
Re: How To Decide On A Console For Multiplatform Games by kosovo(m): 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
@OhGrey , i had never told anyone not to Get The 360, it's a nice piece of hardware, afterall i once had it.
  I am not a kid, Over the decades, i have learnt to respect everyone's Decision.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

55 Pieces Of Brand New Psp For Sale Prize 26,000 Grap Urs Now / Ps 3 Games Needed / Help! How Do I Connect My Ps3 To Internet And Play Online Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.