Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Is Okafor’s Law Really Doing Well At The Cinemas? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Okafor’s Law Really Doing Well At The Cinemas? (362 Views)

'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas / Court Orders Seizure Of "Okafor's Law", Omoni Oboli's Film / Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Okafor’s Law Really Doing Well At The Cinemas? by Shalombrain: 9:56am On Apr 08, 2017
Earlier today I was chatting with a friend and he told me that he does not think Omoni Oboli’s Okafor’s Law is doing very well at the cinemas. A statement I totally disagreed with.

When I asked him why he made such statements, he said Nigerians like show off, that if Okafor’s Law have been raking it in big at the big screen, we’d have gotten an Instagram picture from Oboli touting the success of the release just like the producer of Hire a Man and The Wedding Party did.

First of all, an Instagram picture does not determine how successful a movie is or not. Yes we are all concerned about how well a movie does in the cinemas few days after its release. That’s why we get Hollywood box office figures on the day of a movie premier, three days after and the weekend after.

Also Read: Jeremy Renner to miss the next Mission Impossible

But maybe that just isn’t Omoni’s ways. There’s no reason why Okafor’s Law will not rake in big figures at the box office. Forget Chidiguma’s review, forget the court case, there has been no Nigeria movie (Nollywood) I mean with so much buzz around itself as it is with Okafor’s Law since late last year with The Wedding Party.

Don’t mention Hire a Man, as good as the movie is, I like to believe that it just got lucky, Ojúkòkòrò, was just another average movie that made thearitical release.

Okafor’s Law debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival in the summer of last year. It started gaining audience late February into early March based on its...................

Continue Reading: http://abspad.com/is-okafors-law-really-doing-well-at-the-cinemas/

(1) (Reply)

TRICK'D With Soma (ex Bbnaija 2017 Housemate): You Harassed Her. Episode 2 / Who Would You Have Been If You Were To Choose From A Movie You've Watched? / TRAFFIC JAMP, Akwaprophetcomedy Skit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.