Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Heaven Can Wait - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Can Wait (1744 Views)

Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heaven Can Wait by JeSoul(f): 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
MyJoe:

Many thanks, JeSoul. I read it. Your humility is exemplary.
Sir you're too kind. I used to think I was smart until I joined NL, lol, and started to read and learn from truly wise people from both sides of the religious aisle.

So the thanks should really go to you Joe! smileyI've read several thoughtful posts from you all over the forum. I'm always much impressed and inspired to see non-religious people speak as you have on this thread, stressing that Science cannot and has not and will probably not be able to explain everything. I wish the atheist will see that the very sins they accuse religionists of they also are just as guilty of.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by email1(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2010
People, people!! Dis tread was not opened for atheist and fanatics. Let me be very clear, if you dont believe in heaven, you are at a loss. As a CHRISTIAN, I stated categorically that there is heaven and ofcourse hell.

Secondly, christianity is not a religion, I said it is a believe that works. For God sake, christianity was there before science. Science proves that everything should be understood with human reasoning.

Atheist tell me, was anyone in your generation one time a monkey? If yes, what are you metamorphosizing into: a gorilla or chimpazee abi? So in the next 1000 years, a human being will be leg-less or hand-less with 2 heads and one big eye. That will be your future children.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by email1(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
Kay 17: You want to if God exist well, answer these questions;

1. Do you believe in the tripartite nature of man as spirit, soul and body?

2. In death, people abandon their body and you here people say he has gone. To were does he goes to. Bear in mind that it is the spirit just left the body.

3. Why is it that science cant explain how life comes into a baby in the womb and how it is sniffed out of a man and why does it happen?

4. Why do you think man is organized. Someone else head is supposed to be in his hand.

5. Why is it that man is different from other animals why can we still find monkeys around that science claim YOU originated from? Should monkeys still be in the world again?

6. How are you able to differentiate between right and wrong?

Answer these questions and I will tell you why I BELIEVE GOD exist. Dont tell me about natural phenomenon because I won't take that. Give me proves.

MyJoe: I see you are still trying to know your left from your right. Read on you will be convinced at the end where to belong. Remember, God loves you.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by mazaje(m): 1:09am On Jan 07, 2010
e-mail:

People, people!! Dis tread was not opened for atheist and fanatics. Let me be very clear, if you dont believe in heaven, you are at a loss. As a CHRISTIAN, I stated categorically that there is heaven and ofcourse hell.

Do you have any evidence to show beside your statement that there is a heaven or a hell?

Secondly, christianity is not a religion, I said it is a believe that works. For God sake, christianity was there before science. Science proves that everything should be understood with human reasoning.

Are you sure about this statement you have made?

Atheist tell me, was anyone in your generation one time a monkey? If yes, what are you metamorphosizing into: a gorilla or chimpazee abi? So in the next 1000 years, a human being will be leg-less or hand-less with 2 heads and one big eye. That will be your future children.

Is this your understanding of evolution? grin grin. . .Atheism has nothing to do with evolution in case you do not know. . . there are many atheist like me that do not accept the evolution theory. . .Those of us that live in Europe know very well that there are a lot of christians here that accept the evolution theory and discard the creation hypothesis written in the bible saying it is an allegorical narrative. . . . .Even the previous pope is on record to have stated that Darwinian evolution is a fact. . . . .
Re: Heaven Can Wait by mazaje(m): 1:20am On Jan 07, 2010
e-mail:

Kay 17: You want to if God exist well, answer these questions;

1. Do you believe in the tripartite nature of man as spirit, soul and body?

NO. . . . .

2. In death, people abandon their body and you here people say he has gone. To were does he goes to. Bear in mind that it is the spirit just left the body.

Is this not just a metaphor? As far as I know no body has been able to provide any evidence to show that there is any part of human consciousness that survives bodily death. . . .

3. Why is it that science cant explain how life comes into a baby in the womb and how it is sniffed out of a man and why does it happen?

There is a scientific explanation for this process. . . The spermatozoa which is a living cell fertilizes the ovary which also contains living cells and the cells keep multiplying till a baby is formed. . . .So life does not really come into a baby as such since the spermatozoa and ovary are living cells. . . .

4. Why do you think man is organized. Someone else head is supposed to be in his hand.

Why should man not be organized? By the way there are millions of people who are born with different types of birth defects and have dis organized bodies. . . .

5. Why is it that man is different from other animals why can we still find monkeys around that science claim YOU originated from? Should monkeys still be in the world again?

I believe you are talking about the evolution theory, No where does it say that humans originated from monkeys. . . . .

6. How are you able to differentiate between right and wrong?

I am able to differentiate between right and wrong because my parents, surrounding culture and experience thought me how to differentiate what is right and what is wrong, and there is nothing like objective right and objective wrong, right and wrong varies from place to place. . . .Morality must be learned in one way or the other. . . .

Answer these questions and I will tell you why I BELIEVE GOD exist. Dont tell me about natural phenomenon because I won't take that. Give me proves.

grin grin grin. . . . .I will give you proofs when you provide proofs for your own claims. . . .
Re: Heaven Can Wait by email1(m): 3:44am On Jan 07, 2010
You rightly claim that sperm and ovary are living organisms, I beg, where does live comes from?
Re: Heaven Can Wait by email1(m): 4:24am On Jan 07, 2010
www.answeringenesis.org/articles/2009/03/31/darwins-deathbed-conversation-legend

This will answer your guestion about your founder. As for those christian who believe in evolution, they dont know where they belong. They really dont know their left from right.

As for the pope, sorry, the pope represents himself and majority of the 1 billion catholic that accepts him. He dont represent the generality of Christians in the world, take note. For me and other true Christians like me, the BIBLE is our prove and where we stand.
besides, they does things contrary to the command of the BIBLE.

Atheist like you, a very deeply rooted one is now an international BIBLE preacher. He one time believed there was no God until God meet him. You know him? Pastor W. F. Kumuyi, the founder of the Deeper Life Bible Church here in Nigeria. I am sure you know about him. Search about his history and read them. He even married a former devoted muslim. cheesy grin wink tongue
Re: Heaven Can Wait by Kay17: 11:46am On Jan 07, 2010
[/quote] [quote author=MyJoe link=topic=373023.msg5260559#msg5260559 date=1262790258]
I agree that religion often breeds prejudice. But you have simply concluded that God does not exist, your only reason being that it is not scientific! What can be more prejudiced? I am skeptical about all religions, myself, but I realise that, as demonstrated by Alexander Pope in what I consider the greatest literary work of all time outside of the Bible, his poem, "Essay on Man", my perceptions are limited. Everything is worth investigating. I think you should ask yourself the questions I posed above before prejudicially taking a lazy man's route and dismissing things because they sound far fetched or you cannot comprehend them.
How did you arrive at yours that he doesn't? That is what you have failed to answer. You have no ground, therefore, to call her deluded. Assume you don't know and proceed from there by yourself - that is the only non-prejudicial way. That is of course if you have not told yourself that only low-brains are religious while Einsteins like you are atheistic.
after your investigation, all you could get was to spin out a god with abilities and functions you desired for it.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by Kay17: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2010
e-mail is simply elaborating ancient philosophy. you have no proof whatsoever that a spirit departs the body. and funny enough, it is able to speak, think, move. on empty brain and useless legs. this superstition.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by MyJoe: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2010
@JeSoul
Thank you.

@K17
You may want to read some of the other atheists on this forum, such as Mazaje, Toneyb and Wirinet, etc. When they tell you you are deluded they, at least, give you a brilliant argument why they say so. It will help you. Cheers.

@e-mail
I know where I am. Read my back posts and you will know too. I challenged K17's position because I think it is inappropriate to go from thread to thread calling people "deluded" without offering anything worth reading. You have seen Kumuyi covert from atheism to Christianity, you say. I have also seen people convert from Christianity to Islam, Buddhism and atheism. No matter what you believe, you ought to realise there is a 1/1000000 chance of it being wrong. Either that or we are all right. I believe in the most important thing which nobody can be wrong about, though: love.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by Kay17: 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
myjoe is in the similar wagon of confused minds with deep sight and krayola.the childhood conditioning has not worn out. prove that subtle god of yours.the absence of the almighty is conclusive.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by jcross22: 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
mazaje:

Do you have any evidence to show beside your statement that there is a heaven or a hell?

Are you sure about this statement you have made?

Is this your understanding of evolution? grin grin. . .Atheism has nothing to do with evolution in case you do not know. . . there are many atheist like me that do not accept the evolution theory. . .Those of us that live in Europe know very well that there are a lot of christians here that accept the evolution theory and discard the creation hypothesis written in the bible saying it is an allegorical narrative. . . . .Even the previous pope is on record to have stated that Darwinian evolution is a fact. . . . .
@mazaje, SCIENCE ONLY DEPEND ON HYPOTHESIS IF THEY WANT TO CONVINCE PEOPLE THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO CREATE HUMAN BEING WITHOUT MAKING USE OF THE THINGS OF THE NATURE TO AID THEIR PRACTICAL.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by MyJoe: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
Kay 17:

myjoe is in the similar wagon of confused minds with deep sight and krayola.the childhood conditioning has not worn out. prove that subtle god of yours.the absence of the almighty is  conclusive.

You are a parsimonious illiterate who is incapable of thinking. If not, tell us how you concluded. No, you won't. All you do is grab people and demand they tell you now how they believe.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by Kay17: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
is not the question of the sanctity of an individual's beliefs but one of reality. the identity of God must be ascertained before his existence is confirmed. myjoe , you have simply invented gods and crafted lives for them. its all mere speculation.
Re: Heaven Can Wait by MyJoe: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2010
Mr Kay17, You have been saying the same thing since forever in different threads.

Kay 17:

is not the question of the sanctity of an individual's beliefs
If you have a basic understanding, you would have long realised that those you describe as confused have a good grasp of this fact while you have not begun to learn the basics of it.

Kay 17:

but one of reality. the identity of God must be ascertained before his existence is confirmed. myjoe , you have simply invented gods and crafted lives for them. its all mere speculation.
What is your apprehension of reality? Take the floor and enlighten us. No, you wont. Obviously you are an atheist because you think atheism is cool. You think religious folk are dumb, those who question dogma are confused, while you, the atheist, is the best thing since Einstein even though you have zero standards of proof for yourself. Go on with our delusion if it makes you happy. Sorry I already wasted bandwidth around here. Good day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Be A Man. Ted Bundy's Interview On His Life And p0rnographY / Whose A Better Role Model. Jesus Christ Or Muhammad? Read And Vote ! / Did Mary Remain A Virgin After The Birth Of Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.