Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption (31085 Views)

Imams Encouraging Corruption — Customs Boss Hameed Ali / BBC blast APC and PDP for encouraging Corruption with Presidential Fees / How Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by martineverest(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
When devil starts complaining about ungodly Activities of the churches....

Who remember the billion sharing by pastors from the gej during election?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by chuose2: 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
Who does not know that most pastors are only after money. angry

What this video and see that Adeboye only wants money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by rapheasco(m): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
Holatunde007:
I think he's right for saying that.

Meanwhile

pls fellow nairalanders, am a student in my HND 1 Estate management. Pls the semester is just ending, I need any work either factory or office job I can do within two months before school resumes to have my school fees paid.
Pls help a striving brother, am currently staying in Abeokuta
This is my contact both what'sapp and direct call is allowed O7O 33 26 61 93

Go to ilese pan.....midland galvanizing products ltd
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Holatunde007(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
rapheasco:

Go to ilese pan.....midland galvanizing products ltd
Sir give me more details on the job sir
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
The Ota orangutan should tell us how he encouraged incest when he CORNERED his son's wife.

Seems we should ask his daughter to write him another letter cool
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by iammolise(m): 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is what happens when one is getting old and senile... You can't really go down memory lane with all memories fully captured, you only wanna remember the good times and good deeds and not the worst experience or events.
Now he is quoting bible verses like we don't know he's the baba of them jazz man(juju lord), see him pointing those rotten fingers... Come OBJ before you continue all these your aimless accusations read your bible very well if you have one, Jesus said "cast the first stone if ye are holy and have never been found guilty of sin".

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by wildernessVoice: 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
Including Baba Iyabo Church( presidential library, third term Ghana must go, Otta farm, abandoned power project probed by Elumelu committee, abandoned road projects e.t.c.)

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by numericalguy(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian churches are synonymous with curroption, lies, adultery and 3somes.

The rot in those churches are just too much.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ododo oro
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
kufre2010:
if u are poor and u go to church u wil b look down upon and may be given back seat by usher but when u are rich whether u are an arm robber, ritualist or prostitute u wil be given front seat, the pastor may even change sermon to anything that wil make u happy so as to donate money.
Please it's not all churches that do that .
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
Why is it only Christians I see openly condemning and ridiculing their own religion.SMH!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by engrchykae(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2017
Drazeen:

You have proof?
i am his prosecutor,are you his attorney?hypocrites who give truth and justice a difficult time.its a national open secret that obj slept with his son's wife.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by texazzpete(m): 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
timecapsule:
OBASANJO! Are you saying that church leaders are the one that institute corruption in nigeria and they are one that can tackle it?. So are the one that corrupt, POLICE, ARMY, EVEN CIVIL SARVANTS? Any way they said whenone is too old he or she will start seasoning like a child, yours is not left out.

No. He never said that. You just can't read and comprehend written English.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by bigtt76(f): 11:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Interesting week ahead ....I see responses from various angles grin

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by felixomor: 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2017
Spiricoco:
Why is it only Christians I see openly condemning and ridiculing their own religion.SMH!

The Christians who do that are not real christians.
Dont be moved bro.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by maik: 12:00am On Apr 09, 2017
I observed that people always give negative comments about OBJ each time he mentioned something against corruption. . I think we should stand against corruption in Churches, Mosque and any other places instead of insulting Obasanjo.

The man always talk about the present situation and some people on nairaland will be taking him back to the past.

Please let stop corruption in our ciuntry and move forward.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 09, 2017
See how all these mumu Muslim worshippers will invade this thread with their useless comments.
Yet, Christians are not allowed to comment on Muslim's threads or any topic related to Muslims.

Mr. Obasanjo it's politicians like you are the ones manufacturing and supplying corruptions.

So stop deceiving our youths with lies.

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 09, 2017
This old man should goan sleep abeg.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by timecapsule: 12:17am On Apr 09, 2017
texazzpete:

No. He never said that. You just can't read and comprehend written English.
ENGLISH TEACHER, you can teach me.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by profmathsland(m): 12:33am On Apr 09, 2017
You cannot throw a stone into a breakable house when yours is breakable.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by kufre2010: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2017
when wil a church leader suspend his member for embezzling public fund.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by kufre2010: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2017
when wil a church leader suspend his member for embezzling public fund. when they start doing this the rate of coruption wil be reduce or discouraged

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by kufre2010: 12:54am On Apr 09, 2017
religion is root and the main cause of coruption. in the olden days, before the coming of collonial masters with religion our society was less if not totally uncorrupt but since religion was brought, the fear of the god's reduce then the belief in the benevontly forgiving god of the white grow and men now does what they wish to do.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by tomakint: 1:24am On Apr 09, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
so na church TINUBU, ATIKU and SARAKI they go ba...... undecided ?
U dey mind obj? undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by DrogoG(m): 2:03am On Apr 09, 2017
Yes, Nigerian churches are corrupt and bad, but Obasanjo being one of the most corrupt politicians in this country, has no moral qualification whatsoever to decide who's corrupt or not!
In a civilized country, this ugly baboon would have been jailed!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Gerrard59(m): 4:07am On Apr 09, 2017
Albeit, OBJ legalised corruption, but I am forced to agree with him on the part where he accused the church of promoting wealth without hardwork. Yes, it's good to declare prophesies, but always put a caveat - with determination and perseverance - because majority will think it is that easy. Which is not, because honestly, good things don't come that easily.

Same prophesies are perpetuated on Social Media - this week, you'll get a car, a picture of money is uploaded which is prophesied that you will get (no hardwork needed, but you will get it nonetheless), build house - with the usual "type Amen or share" (with a tactical way of coercion). Mostly perpetrated by RCCG, the Facebook page of Mr. Adeboye (verified account) is riddled with such "declarations and prophesies".

Am I against prophesies? Certainly not. But always tell the congregation what they have to do to get it. For instance, a student cannot pass his/her examinations without reading no matter the olive oil poured on the individual. It doesn't sound rational.

On the other hand, a Nairalander earlier wrote extensively on the same topic:
https://www.nairaland.com/3624360/pentecostal-churches-partly-responsible-increase

I presume OBJ reads Nairaland. grin

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by seguno2: 6:02am On Apr 09, 2017
Is Obasanjo speaking from experience?
He claims to be born again and was given a chieftaincy title by Egba Christians recently.
Although he stole $16 billion for electricity.
He collected Siemens and Halliburton bribes.
Was he encouraged to steal by the church?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by ipreach: 6:16am On Apr 09, 2017
Obj was among those that destroyed this country, so he has no moral value to talk about corruption
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Kingspin(m): 6:18am On Apr 09, 2017
Just like the federal government blame the police man at the checkpoints for pricing cost of goods in the market. We blame everything but if we say let change things and restructure una say No. So Obasanjo to me is talking nonsense.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Kingspin(m): 6:23am On Apr 09, 2017
Just like the federal government blame the police man at the checkpoints for high cost of goods in the market. We blame everything but if we say let change things and restructure una say No. So Obasanjo to me is talking nonsense, Unfortunately for Nigeria we don't have leader like Mandela. People who's ideology changed entire country/world. Obasanjo was president, So.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Caseless: 6:23am On Apr 09, 2017
Where's oyind17?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 09, 2017
Caseless:
Where's oyind17?
I'm here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Goodluck Jonathan Exercising / Military Captures Armoured Vehicles, Artillery Guns Overnight (pic) / IBB Threatens To Expose Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.