Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,912 members, 7,848,674 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:30 AM

EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza (999 Views)

Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores / Ortom To EFCC: Begin Security Vote Probe From Presidency / EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by information1: 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is trailing the owner of N448.85m discovered in a shopping plaza in Lagos State, spokesman of the commission in Lagos, Mr. Sam Amadin said.

Amadin said the agency was making efforts to reach the owner of the complex, with a view to knowing who rented the said shop 64.“The shopping plaza, from preliminary investigation, was built by estate developers. From the developers, we will get the owner of the money.

”The people around the complex know the owner of the money. The place has not been in use for a long time, the owner only sneaks into the place and keep the money. We will find the owner very soon, “ Amadin assured.

The commission, on Friday in a statement confirmed the recovery of N448.85m in a shop at the LEGICO Shopping Plaza, in Victoria Island, Lagos.

Operatives of the commission, acting on a tip-off by a concerned whistleblower, swooped on the shopping complex and sought the identity of the owners of two shops, LS 64 and LS 67, which were under lock and key.

“The shops had the signage of a Bureau de Change. Inquiries about the owner of shop 64 indicated that he had not been seen for a long time, as neighbours claimed the shop had not been opened for business for close to two years.

“The attention of the plaza’s Chairman and some traders were drawn in order to force the shops open.

“There was no money found in shop 67, but in shop 64, heaps of Ghana-Must-Go bags were found on the floor of the shop.

“When the bags were unzipped they were found to contain bundles of Naira notes totalling N448. 85m.”

Punch
https://informationengine./2017/04/08/efcc-begin-hunt-for-owner-of-n448m-found-in-lagos-shopping-plaza/

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by GloriaNinja(f): 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
Hian! SO IF I CARRY ONE MILLION NAIRA INSIDE MY SMALL BAG, EFCC WILL ARREST ME TOO? I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by SKANKHUNT: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
T
Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by yarimo(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
That money must be among dasuki's PDP money bean share for the 2015 election. EFCC well done grin
Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by Cekpo34(m): 12:13am On Apr 09, 2017
A classical example of the tail wagging the dog. How did you discover the cash without an Intel? Of course someone with access to such an "arsenal" should have information regarding its owner. Maybe it's one of those dramas to keep the anti-corruption jamboree alive

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by Cekpo34(m): 12:24am On Apr 09, 2017
yarimo:
That money must be among dasuki's PDP money bean share for the 2015 election. EFCC well done grin

Aren't you tired of this your PDP crab? Didn't you see
“The shops had the signage of a Bureau de Change
or na PDP get Bureau de Change? . Anywhere I don't even believe the farce... Buhari doesn't that's why he doesn't even comprehend how much is left from what Magu has relooted

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by BabaRamota1980: 12:36am On Apr 09, 2017
Tell them say na me own that cash. If they agree to return half back to me ill tell everything they need to know....everything, for N224m!
Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by teeboila(m): 3:47am On Apr 09, 2017
Somewhere one whistle blower is walking away with N44mil. cool
Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by HAH: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2017
Cekpo34:
A classical example of the tail wagging the dog. How did you discover the cash without an Intel? Of course someone with access to such an "arsenal" should have information regarding its owner. Maybe it's one of those dramas to keep the anti-corruption jamboree alive
you are very right most likely this ia another publicity stunts by Magu, by the way that money in the picture is not upto N400M at best N100-200M

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by yarimo(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2017
Cekpo34:

Aren't you tired of this your PDP crab? Didn't you see or na PDP get Bureau de Change? . Anywhere I don't even believe the farce... Buhari doesn't that's why he doesn't even comprehend how much is left from what Magu has relooted
explanation for the gods
Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by plaetton: 9:04am On Apr 09, 2017
Based on what warrant, what probable cause did the EFCC break into a private shops?

Where , in the Nigerian criminal code, is it illegal to store Nigerian legal tender ?

What kind of zoo is this where you break into a individual's private property even before you establish what crime has been committed.

It is this kind of war on capital, on legal tender, that is spooking both local and foreign investors to horde their capital and flee this lawless country.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by Moreoffaith(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2017
Abeg na me get am....I just keep am for there so I no go spend am, but una fit take half make una send the rest to my account, but I no dey show face ooo.
Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by KINGwax007(m): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2017
GloriaNinja:
Hian! SO IF I CARRY ONE MILLION NAIRA INSIDE MY SMALL BAG, EFCC WILL ARREST ME TOO? I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING.
one million​ naira is the most uselss worth of money. Very useless. Once u spend 1naira, u cease to be a millionaire!

Albeit, you can't even buy a good house or get a good land with th crap! You should be hoping to steal like 10 million or forget stealing anything from that place!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by BeardedMeat(m): 9:51am On Apr 09, 2017
Another stunt from Magu's Efcc just to impress the Vegetable dullard, just like the 400m abandoned at the airport.
How can you just break into somebody's property because you heard there was money stashed there without any Intel about the owner? I bet the owner is underground preparing a defence that will finally expose the hypocrisy of Magu in court!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by Boleyndynasty2(f): 10:27am On Apr 09, 2017
This EFCC are some funny set of people, clowns infact. Very soon EFCC will start breaking down shops when the owner doesn't come around for 2wks.

Someone gave you Intel but didn't give you names of the owners of the shop or where to find em?Abegi, make i eat my rice jawee.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by Enyimbamercedes: 11:05am On Apr 09, 2017
Don't mind EFCC. Trying to divert attention from the court order unfreezing Patience money and the court order telling them to retract their stories of exaggerated sums of money in the Dasuki case. So what do they do? They plant 400 million and find It!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Begin Hunt For Owner Of N448M Found In Lagos Shopping Plaza by GloriaNinja(f): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
KINGwax007:
one million​ naira is the most uselss worth of money. Very useless. Once u spend 1naira, u cease to be a millionaire!

Albeit, you can't even buy a good house or get a good land with th crap! You should be hoping to steal like 10 million or forget stealing anything from that place!
lol confirm truth, if you get 1, million dollars, you can even use it to purchase a nice house, buy a nice house and start a good business but as for 1 million naira, just pay house rent with it for once and buy food stuff, the money will vanish, naira has no value at all. 5 naira is not even money anymore, but you can buy burger 5 dollars in USA, I shame for this country. common pure water can't be purcashed with common 5 naira again.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Saint Peter Obi’ Epistle And The Parable Of 1 Wristwatch And 2 Shoes / Osinbajo’s Visit To Buhari Meant To Deceive Nigerians – Fayose / Biafran Groups Makes Split From Nigeria,forms Interim Gorvenment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.