Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun (23099 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / Houseboy Steals His Boss' N10 Million Toyota Prado, Sells it for N50k (Photo) / Customs Intercept 2,200 Jerry Cans Of Smuggled Petrol Worth N10 Million(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by CheezyCharles(m): 11:56am On Apr 09, 2017
when guns and bomb dey pass different states una no dey intercept oh!now see beta item for easter...
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by smartty68(m): 11:58am On Apr 09, 2017
smoooty11:
They should give them to the less privileged like IDP´s and motherless babies home and others.
Ijaya123:

Why can't they even distribute to prisons around the state instead of destroying them?
I agree with two two both of you

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by buffalowings: 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
be wise

if you must smuggle

do it through the northern borders

disclaimer
lm not a smuggler
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Nathan2016: 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rebeccababy:
Why waste ur mb to check this poo.
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!

Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by kogistar: 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
Jaideyone:
chai did yahaya bello confiscate your brain?
yes, he did
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=Tazdroid post=55405374][/quote]

Come here small boy you deserve to sit with men

Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by 4top: 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
itsdumebi:
Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service, Ogun state, on Tuesday 4th April 2017, seized a refrigerated Iveco truck conveying contraband goods into the Country.

Politics Nigeria learnt that the items discovered in the intercepted truck were; seven hundred and twenty two (722) cartons of imported frozen fish comprising of soley fish, senrei fish of which they fall under water pelagic fishes (open-sea fishes), fifty-six (56) bags of imported rice of 50kg.

The goods, in summary, have a Duty Paid Value (DPV) of Ten Million Five Hundred and Seventy-Three Thousand Naira (N10, 573, 000.00).

Briefing the press on the success of the interception, the Area Controller, Comptroller Gangua said, it is pertinent to note that frozen fish has recently come under regulated product in Nigeria with vivid guidelines which every fish importer must fulfil before he or she can embark on an importation of such.

“For the avoidance of doubt, apart from fulfilling all import guidelines, there must be a fishing license/permit from Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development by importing company and such importation must be subjected to National Agency for Food Administration and Control (NAFDAC) inspection/certification among others.

Pursuant to the Federal Government Policy on fish importation, the Nigeria Customs Service is working assiduously at ensuring that our dear country is not turning into a dumping ground for not only fish but other restricted items.

On contravention of the aforementioned rules and guidelines as contained in the government policies and extant circulars, the goods have been seized and the frozen fish will be destroyed accordingly.

I will like to seize this opportunity to reiterate my appeal to the traditional rulers and eminent personalities in the state to deploy all necessary mechanism in discouraging the activities of their wards that indulge in smuggling. We believe that patriotism entails sacrifice and devoted service to our beloved nation”.

A suspect by name Mr Seseh Idowu a native of Benin Republic has been apprehended in connection with the seizure and he is helping the Command with some useful information.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/04/09/nigerian-customs-impound-772-cartons-frozen-fish/

So na custom make this fish no dey Market again? na God go punish una o. All we see is bone bone everywhere.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Jabioro: 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
Custom laxity should not be taken to importers..
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by PrinceMario(m): 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
Celcius:
Abeg let Customs stop this periodic show off. If integrity and sincerity flow in our system, in this case, such will be properly used to alleviate the conditions of IDPs. Don't destroy when people are suffering.
Nice one all the same.
I.diot...It's either you didn't read the writeup before commenting or you IQ is so low that you couldn't comprehend.

Now, let me break it down for you;

The fish is bad. It is not good for consumption by Nigerians.
The Nigerian custom says these people is only using Nigeria as a dumping ground for contrabands that they could be jailed for in there own country.

I believe you now know how dump you sound.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rebeccababy:
Why waste ur mb to check this poo.
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!

Sister even you dont look like some1 who ends that amount. EVEN IF ITS TRUE, AS A NIGERIAN AM 100% SURE YOU WILL NEVER GIVE OUT THIS INFO TO ANY1 BUT UR RELATIVES & VILLAGE PEOPLE
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
CoolFreeday:

Don't just say anything that enters your mind. Are the IDPs not human being, do you know the effect of such foods, do you know what is use to preserve them? if its good for human consumption, its won't be destroyed or buried rather it would be auctioned or given to the IDPs as you said.

NOTHING happened to them...just that they are contraband sad

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by IWealthCreator: 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
Vacancy for a proficient computer typist to work in a print and copy center at a shopping mall.
Please send your CV to enlightbookstore@gmail.com, call or sms to 08099429399; 08118161623; 08118161643.

Thank you.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Rebeccababy(f): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
Jiang:

Sister even you dont look like some1 who ends that amount. EVEN IF ITS TRUE, AS A NIGERIAN AM 100% SURE YOU WILL NEVER GIVE OUT THIS INFO TO ANY1 BUT UR RELATIVES & VILLAGE PEOPLE
why not try, it wont cost you anything
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by AuroraB(f): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
kogistar:
chaii flat head business man don imported fake fish to kill us
Nairaland resident idiot again undecided

Your brain has been used to appease 'em that made your state regularly backwards sad
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by ogastone(m): 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
But this is ice fish na. Very expensive in the market. And government has not done anything to improve fish farming. Or don't they know that it contains proteins. Abeg make una release am o. E scarce for market joor.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Ashley86400: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
Na lie. Dem go dig am back.
They will put some or all of the fishes in a plastic container,then bury and snap. And after the cameras stop flashing. . .party bere niyen. . .
Eja won loja. . .Fish don cost for market. .their wives won't let them rest. . grin
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by CoolFreeday(m): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

NOTHING happened to them...just that they are contraband sad

Do you know what they use in preserving it? if you still eating imported chicken and fish, I will advise you to stop it for your own good.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by me69: 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
Celcius:
Abeg let Customs stop this periodic show off. If integrity and sincerity flow in our system, in this case, such will be properly used to alleviate the conditions of IDPs. Don't destroy when people are suffering.
Nice one all the same.
listen to you, and tomorrow you will open your mouth to say this country is useless but when people try to fix you oppose
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by me69: 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
muyibaba222:
This people are aggressive this days. Ali is definitely doing his best. The goods should be used to feed the less privileged (IDPs).
the food has not gone through proper inspection we don't know where they come from but you want us to kill it to people because there are just IDPs. The government must and is providing food to IDP is just tgat some are diverting it
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
CoolFreeday:

Do you know what they use in preserving it? if you still eating imported chicken and fish, I will advise you to stop it for your own good.

Kindly stop spreading lies and unfounded rumors...thanks
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bobbyjay001:
Awon omo Ali. They would have taken their shares before destroying the goods.

They should kukuma bury them where people will exhume the fishes like the one that happened to buried confisticated turkeys three years ago

grin grin
No be naija?
Na d customs people go first exhume the fish all this one na window dressing
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by tunesoft(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Oboi...see market
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Bestow7: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
post=55399244:

Why showing your dull brain here Hatred don blocked the little one left in your conehead, that's is why you can't read before you comment

A suspect by name Mr Seseh Idowu a native of Benin Republic has been apprehended in connection with the seizure and he is helping the Command with some useful information.
Chai u are very very very wicked for d brutality.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by kogistar: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
AuroraB:
Nairaland resident idiot again undecided

Your brain has been used to appease 'em that made your state regularly backwards sad
don't worry, i will come & rape u till u bleed
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Originalsly: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Celcius:
. Don't destroy when people are suffering.
Do you really think the fish is healthy for human consumption?
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by linearity: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
Why is Nigeria this backward?

Why not test and ascertain that, these items are good for consumption, then either access the original duties/fines plus additional hefty penalty against the importers and if they can not pay within a specified period of time, put the items to good use, either send them to IDP camps or sell them off at auctions, this way the government can recoup some of her cost.

The Nigeria Legislators should look into adjusting existing laws to account for this.

In the USA asset forfeiture fund lots of government departments e.g. the Police department and also generate revenue for the Federal government and this is easy to emulate.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Celcius: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
Originalsly:
Do you really think the fish is healthy for human consumption?
I don't think it was only fish that was seized, and this wont be the last seizure. Its left for them to ascertain that.
I just gave my opinion.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by lagosrd: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
Clueless people. When you sieze those things are they not useful for orphanage s and IDP camps. You go ahead and burn them. And still make sure the financially starved federal government still borrows money to offset her bills. Nonsense
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by Originalsly: 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
Celcius:

I don't think it was only fish that was seized, and this wont be the last seizure. Its left for them to ascertain that.
I just gave my opinion.
ok... makes sense!... hope they be consistent.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by 360command: 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
Celcius:
Nice one all the same.
it will be taking back to the streets, markets etc which is why they destroy them. UN, WHO etc.. do donate food, medical products to poor countries yet, these goods found their way to the market. even the in the prisons, people make donations to prisoners but yet, wardens sells these donations to the prisoners. So please, customs knows what they are doing either by burning, auctioning or seizing such goods.
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by ncoolsome(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
it's only in Nigerian that we keep feeding our ancestors with food...why bury or burn such worth over 10million when we have peeps in IDP camps??..
Re: Customs Seizes 772 Cartons Of Frozen Fish Worth N10 Million In Ogun by fakati(m): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
For God sake what is wrong with Nigeria Customs destroy what?with all these problems in the country what the economic value of this consignment the IDPs camps the prisons and the poor why creating more problems rather than solution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rampaging Cult Members Intercepted By Edo State Vigilante (Video) / EndSARS: LCC Tells Judicial Panel They Are Ready To Show Lekki Shootings Footage / Physically-Challenged Man Accuses Female Soldier Of Beating Him In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.