Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? (18520 Views)

Why Do So Many 'Born-Again, Spirit-Filled' Women Show Off Cleavage In Church? / Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / God Give Us Christian Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by fabre4: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
jaymejate:
It's simple.
The way they were brought up and things they were thought by their parents made them put everything on God and not thinking about using their own common sense and abilities God has given them to do some simple things. So when they need God to do something for them and God is seeing that thing as something they can do themselves, refusing to do it, they became frustrated.
To worsen it, when something bad happen, like death, losing jobs and others, they forget that it's natural and they need their common sense to put things in order. They Blane God instead, thereby losing hope.
Church also is a factor, pastors do against what they preach.

I was at the verge of becoming an atheist, when my Mom that served God with all her heart died

In short, Let us know that God gave us common sense to solve somethings ourselves and that's why we are superior to animals on the field.

I believe whatever the atheist says but doesn't change my believe in God because i have common sense to handle it

Seun you should surely have something to say

I love you bro !!! you just said the truth
when you wanna ask question they say don't annoy God

they say put all your burdens on God even what you can solve with common sense and when things go South they say don't blame God

Imagine somebody with ulcer refusing treatment because he wants to show faith in God

imagine someone who's leg is to be amputated refusing alcohol cause its a strange drink not knowing that sugar is almost like alcohol. I could go on even Paul said strong wine is good when you have stomach ache although. I considered Paul a fanatic but at least he saw the necessity, sometimes we don't have to let religion overcrowd our sense of judgement.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

how then can God the universe stop according to you his children?
I dont get ur question, pls rephrase.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:

Hey deluded. Go and open your thread.... Stop trying to get cheap popularity using the bible....
Shoosh cheesy
trolling cheesy
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Cityguy: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:

Yea, there are last days Christanity traits, but the Biblical Truth remains!
Yea. Just make sure you are not among those who are falling away from the truth.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by piagetskinner(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
because parents have stopped teaching their children the way of the lord..they assume they know God because they were born into christian homes and participate on a daily basis,in family devotions...

but these kids don't have a personal encounter with God, parents have become too insensitive and have neglected the fact that they have a big role to playing the lives of their children. they have watched their children remove the ancient landmarks... all in the name of whats trending

parents are supposed to b friends with their children, know where they are hurting and advice them appropriately
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by josielewa(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:
2nd Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,...............

Its been fotetold.
okay agreed its been foretold...God is omnipotent..he knows beginning and the end..he should have kept devil in check rather than allow him come here to tempt me...why create men when you know you will destroy almost 90% of them..remember a part in the scripture that i will harden the heart of men...so he is hardening the heart of men...also said is "i will have mercy on those i will have mercy on...so not all of us right...he created man and planted that tree.he knows all yet he kept the tree there..all dis stories dont sound divine in my ears...i was born a xtian but now am just agnostic....i just like religious books/religion cos it keeps a larger part of the society in check except some religion that condole extremism.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by rhemadhee(m): 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
The reasons are simple and the bible has prophesied this already, I will just give some scriptures for that and mind you , it's normal cos the scriptures can not be broken, fake pastors are normal, more churches at every nooks and crannies yet imoralities and wickedness increasing even among Christians, adulterated Gospel, Prosperity Gospel , the killing of Christians, the Bible prophesied them in fact Jesus said when he comes back will he find faith not church on earth?(Luke 18:cool He knew there will be more churches but few spiritual generals and giants.

Mathew 24:12, And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mathew 8:11-12

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. (He meant the muslims, I was once , the pagans ,the atheists will got born again and be comitted)

12 But the children of the kingdom(the pastors,revs,prophets,Bishops, Deacons and Deaconness children, families whose 16 generations and above were christians) shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

2Tim 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I Tim 4:1

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

but Mathew 24;13 says "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Bless you.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Omooba77: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
piagetskinner:
because parents have stopped teaching their children the way of the lord..they assume they know God because they were born into christian homes and participate on a daily basis,in family devotions...

but these kids don't have a personal encounter with God, parents have become too insensitive and have neglected the fact that they have a big role to playing the lives of their children. they have watched their children remove the ancient landmarks... all in the name of whats trending

parents are supposed to b friends with their children, know where they are hurting and advice them appropriately

God bless you for this!
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Omooba77: 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
josielewa:

okay agreed its been foretold...God is omnipotent..he knows beginning and the end..he should have kept devil in check rather than allow him come here to tempt me...why create men when you know you will destroy almost 90% of them..remember a part in the scripture that i will harden the heart of men...so he is hardening the heart of men...also said is "i will have mercy on those i will have mercy on...so not all of us right...he created man and planted that tree.he knows all yet he kept the tree there..all dis stories dont sound divine in my ears...i was born a xtian but now am just agnostic....i just like religious books/religion cos it keeps a larger part of the society in check except some religion that condole extremism.

I can understand your feeling, was once an athiest, but thank God Iam back. So many misteries you cant explain about God, just the way Job said, you cant fathom his ways

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by DrogoG(m): 6:45am On Apr 10, 2017
walls01:

sorry, you said I quote" are for kids"

This is not to disrespect you or anything, but you really need help.
Please, quote my particular post where you found that.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Mckayzee(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2017
walls01:

no one contends with God always remember that. God had never hid his intention to destroy all disobedient soul

Then be it Judaism (old testament) or new testament, you are saying it's a fact that God can be murderous and can kill innocent people? Unlike what xerxes456 claimed earlier?

They were innocent souls (annaniahs &saphira) asides the fact that they only lied about their own property.

In same bible, God sent a lying spirit into some people, in other words, he used the lying spirit to his own advantage.

So lying can't be that much a capital offence. Yes?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Arielle: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
dangotesmummy:
Because their parents are extremist.

They don't make their kids understand God gradually at their own pace,they use force.every of their decision is final. They don't have a communication line with their kids to reason together

E.g they use abara or insults to wake their kids up to pray when they force them to read Bible, they don't let them read, understand, comprehend and think and ask questions if they miss a line or verse they start yelling, hitting, insulting and spanking

They don't make their children see reasons why church is important. They just force them to tie scarf, put Bible and biscuits in their bag then fling them inside the car.they continue this cycle till the kids get to their teenage years.they're just in church because daddy said we must be in church. They don't even understand the reason they're there.half of the time they're pinging and leaving church to stroll around and then come back when it's about time to share the grace

When it's time to close they follow their parents back to the car carrying their Bibles like a sheep that has no choice

As soon as they're independent they don't even bother to go to church because they don't see any reason being there since they know the monotonous routine involved in church.

Even as kids sef Sunday school teacher will flog them for not singing a verse or a line in church

Do you think that kind of individual who has gone through such experience will like church?

In Africa children don't learn about God at their own pace and level.it's imposed on them with threats, insults and child bullying

When they fail morally the Sunday school teachers ridicule them publicly in teen church

I can't even remember when last I've been in church because when I see some pastors I begin to say within me that is it this one that wants to preach to me and tell me how to live my life when I know what they do

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
Mckayzee:

Then be it Judaism (old testament) or new testament, you are saying it's a fact that God can be murderous and can kill innocent people? Unlike what xerxes456 claimed earlier?

They were innocent souls (annaniahs &saphira) asides the fact that they only lied about their own property.

In same bible, God sent a lying spirit into some people, in other words, he used the lying spirit to his own advantage.

So lying can't be that much a capital offence. Yes?

what do you mean by innocent people? don't you know any body that broke the law is subjected to imprisonment by the judge according to what is written in the law.

do you really understand why he sent a lying spirit? to persuade the king to go to war and be defeated, suppose the king was doing the right thing and obeying God would they be any need for that?

annaniahs lied against the holy spirit. my brother don't be short sighted because of unbelief and disobedience, God created the world be his power and set laws to govern us. who so ever that broke the law will be punished either way he chooses.
here on earth or when the person dies
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
DrogoG:

This is not to disrespect you or anything, but you really need help. Please, quote my particular post where you found that.
oops, I just checked the name saw I quoted you instead. please accept my apology
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Illuminatus(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Goddys:
Can you recommend any life changing and eye opening books you have read and could barely contain the knowledge therein?

The God Delusion
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by luvmijeje(f): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Orisirisi... .. . Seun how did the OP got to his conclusion? No link. No data. Nothing.

God pass you o.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
luvmijeje:
Orisirisi... .. . Seun how did the OP got to his conclusion? No link. No data. Nothing.

God pass you o.
Buhahahahahahaha
Dis one you responded in Yoruba, are you one of us
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by luvmijeje(f): 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

Buhahahahahahaha
Dis one you responded in Yoruba, are you one of us
Are you a believer? Do you believe in Jesus?

Shey you see Seun is giving you guys an hedge. No wahala we have a God who has never lost a war.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by hopefulLandlord: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

Are you a believer? Do you believe in Jesus?

Shey you see Seun is giving you guys an hedge. No wahala we have a God who has never lost a war.

Superman never lost a war

Spiderman never lost a war

FSM never even descended so low as to fight wars, who dare go up against the one true God

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by luvmijeje(f): 4:36am On Apr 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Superman never lost a war

Spiderman never lost a war

FSM never even descended so low as to fight wars, who dare go up against the one true God

As I've already said, just get ready to receive the shock of your life. One of you will soon testify to his power. And God will use him to bring your foolishness into the open.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by plappville(f): 5:56am On Apr 12, 2017
jozz:
Simply a failure of those churches.They were simply going thru d motions.The word of God taught in those churches was of little value, superficial, non beneficial teachings of prosperity and u can own all because you are a Christian. When the real test comes in the real work after they have left home, the useless sermons they have been listening to is unable to sustain them.

Yes, but also, if apostasy was in Christianity. You wont see Christians turning to atheists today. There is freedom to choose which way to go in Christianity. God gave us this freedom. This is because He is a true God. I cant force my kids when ther are adults to continue to do things in my own way. We are like this with God. Some children left tbier their parental home and kept up the good training they attain from tbier parents and they eventually become good adults and also good parents to their kids too. Why some will complete reject the good training and then became thieves, womaniser, criminal etc. I think its Just because of the freedom in Christianity. And its good we have this freedom. Unlike Islam where apostasy is islamic. smiley
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 6:41am On Apr 12, 2017
luvmijeje:

As I've already said, just get ready to receive the shock of your life. One of you will soon testify to his power. And God will use him to bring your foolishness into the open.
I have made this kind of statement too. Gone are the days when I preach to Muslims and they shun me. Then I resort to this exact kind of comments. 14 years and still counting, alfa Sadiq is still with his beards. How soon is ur soon?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by hopefulLandlord: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 12, 2017
luvmijeje:

Are you a believer?

Am not a believer
Do you believe in Jesus?
I don't believe in what never existed, I don't believe in jesus.
I believe in myself, I believe in the capacity of using my head(brain) to think

BTW, why did you ask the obvious?
Lol, se.un is doing nothing. He's been neutral. How many atheist thread has you seen on FP as compared to religious threads?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by luvmijeje(f): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
otemanuduno:
I have made this kind of statement too. Gone are the days when I preach to Muslims and they shun me. Then I resort to this exact kind of comments. 14 years and still counting, alfa Sadiq is still with his beards. How soon is ur soon?

Gird yourself.. .. .. .. .. before the end of this month. Mark today's date.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by luvmijeje(f): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
adepeter26:

Am not a believer

I don't believe in what never existed, I don't believe in jesus.
I believe in myself, I believe in the capacity of using my head(brain) to think

BTW, why did you ask the obvious?

Lol, se.un is doing nothing. He's been neutral. How many atheist thread has you seen on FP as compared to religious threads?

Oh! You mean the Christianity bashing threads.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
luvmijeje:

Oh! You mean the Christianity bashing threads.
Let's forget about dat one joor.

What about our talk naw wink
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
luvmijeje:

Gird yourself.. .. .. .. .. before the end of this month. Mark today's date.
Realmindz, come and see another Urim here...
This babe doesn't even know how to write Urim. Let me help you out.

Otem, gird yourself, before the end of this week, you shall die. All the forces of yahweh, allah and other bad gods shall tear you apart. They shall pour out their anger like smoke from their nostrils. They shall fart evil upon you. For this is your reward for your rebellion against the gods. Amen. grin

That's how to write Urim of fear, my dear sister grin
Now compare this with the urim of fear given by Sheik and Sheu in the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH.

DOCTUFOS: Aferk 29: 38-58

38. Have you not heard how Sheu and Sheik from the land of
Madin came to me and say, give to us 2 hundred thousand
pounds of meat in the name of Alla our god?
39. For if you do so, you shall be greatly blessed by our god.
And the stars above your head shall be turned to gold. And your
ground shall become diamond.
40. And your life shall be as smooth as the graphite laid at the
bank of the sea. And the land breeze and the sea breeze shall
blow blessings and health upon you.
41. And your baskets shall be filled with food from heaven, for
the windows of heaven shall open and Alla our god shall pour out
onions and cucumber and garlic and grapes and ginger and all
manner of food stuff into your baskets.
42. And your urine which sink into your ground shall become
manure to your plants. And your corn shall be fatter than the
tongue of a whale.
43. And your rain shall be blessings to your body. And no
sickness shall henceforth stick to your skin and bones.
44. Now after Sheu and Sheik had ended their prayers which was
as long as the nose of an elephant, I Zed said, what shall be my
portion if I do not give you this 2 thousands pound of meat?
45. And they said, if you do not give us our request, Alla our god
shall blow smoke and fire from his nostril into your land.
46. And locusts shall devour your land to the ground. And the
palmer worms and the canker worms shall ruin all souls in
Aktum.
47. And the wind shall blow death upon you. And your weather
shall become hotter. And fire and brimstone shall burn up your
land like Sodom-Egypt.
48. And you shall decay, bringing out maggots from your head to
toes. And the rain shall be turned to arrows to Pierce your skins
like thorns.
49. Now when they had ended their sayings, I said, are these all the things Alla your god can do? For these
things are too little for a threat worth taking away two hundred
thousands pounds of gold.
50. Now hear this and add it to your urim of fear. Then shall I
fear and give you all the possessions of this kingdom;
51. The feaces of Alla shall be pasted on your land and the
stench of it shall kill you and all your plants and children.
52. And he shall poor upon you his urine as rain. And nothing in
your land shall survive.
53. Now when I had ended saying this, twelve of the merchant
homos feared greatly, saying, Zed, you have blasphemed Alla and
you shall not survive tonight into tomorrow.
54. And I said, be not afraid o merchants of Aktum. For ridicule
is the antidote of critical threat. For threats to life is the worst of
all evil and it is capable of causing illusions and hallucinations,
which in the end could lead to death if it is not immediately
neutralised with jesting.
55. For this is what they who say that they are witches and
wizards do to those who fear them and thereby ruin their lives.
56. Now when Sheu and Sheik were greatly ashamed, they left
with their heads turned to the ground.
57. Hear me, Aktum, hear. For they shall come in the name of
religion and the gods. Do not listen to their continuous
persuasion. For if they have your minds, they shall have all things
pertaining to you. And Aktum shall be destroyed eventually.
58. Are they not in Timbok even now already? They go
everywhere with their scrolls, seeking the kingdoms to possess.
Beware, I say. Beware.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by ArcToyin(m): 5:37pm On May 04, 2017
skillful01:
Well,I gave on religion for two reasons:
1. The religious god phucked up.
2. "for ye shall know the truth and the truth will make you free".

curiousity made me discover the truth.
...and what do you know is the truth?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by ArcToyin(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2017
skillful01:
Well,I gave on religion for two reasons:
1. The religious god phucked up.
2. "for ye shall know the truth and the truth will make you free".

curiousity made me discover the truth.
What do you know is the 'Truth'?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by doyinbaby(f): 4:47pm On May 06, 2017
God wiil never let me see what will make me turn my back on the gospel of the Lord Jesus.......there is nothing better outside Christ......howbeit life can be full of difficulties even for children of God
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by GodsMopol: 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
akintom:

Anyone who still romances religious beliefs, at the age of REASON, is suffering from either of these:

1. Self inflicted chronic delusion (SICD).

2. Social conformity syndrome (SCS).

The very day you understand the bible, same day you will become an atheist.

You mean the likes of Baba Adeboye, Chris Oyakhilhome among many others who preach the Bible endlessly have no understand, I mean from inference, cause that's what you are inferring

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Anointed CFM SEER 1 Claims He Healed HIV+ Man With Anointing Water / Apostle Kingsley Abiekunogho's Church Members Attack Journalists In Court / Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.