Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Orunmila And Osanyin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Orunmila And Osanyin (2546 Views)

Orunmila Jogbodo Oluwo: An Educated Babalawo (Native Doctor) Goes Viral / How Orunmila Spied On Almighty God / Ogun Vs Orunmila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orunmila And Osanyin by Babalawos(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2017
INCANTATION

Edi Bere, bere ki o rna fi ori Ade gbogi.
Ai ki'mere bibe.
Odifa fun Olofa ni jo ti ajoji meji maade.
Eni to mofa,
ko mo ono ofa.
Eni to mo ono ofa,
ko mo Ifa.
Adifa fun
Orunmila baba o shawo lo si ode ofa.
Ifa ta lo'de ofa.

TRANSLATION

Do not hit the tree with the crown, cause without hitting the tree with the crown, its weaver will not know how to bend down for the tree:

That was the name of the awo who made divination for the Olofa of Ofa when he was expecting two visitors.

He that knew the way to Ofa without knowing lfa and He that knew lfa but did not know the way to Ofa and sold Ifa oracle in the town of Ofa.

Those were the names of the Awos who made divination for Orunmila when he was going to visit the Olofa of Ofa in the company of Osanyin.

Orunmila did not know the way to Ofa but Osanyin who knew the way to Ofa did not know the Ifa oracle. Osanyin agreed to accompany Orunmila to Ofa.

Just before they reached the town of Ofa, Osanyin told Orunmila to wait for him to herald his approach to the palace.

Osanyin went into the palace and greeted the Olofa telling him that it was not Orunmila's tradition to enter any town without introductory libation.

He demanded and obtained two rats, two fishes, two hens and two cocks for that purpose. Osanyin did not however tell Orunmila what he did because he kept the materials at one side for himself.

Instead, he told Orunmila that the Oba was not quite ready to receive him yet because he had visitors with him. Not long afterwards, Osanyin left once more for the palace where he told the Olofa that Orunmila had demanded a goat, a piece of white cloth, four snails and 8 Naira.

The Olofa gave them to him and he again kept them at one side for himself without telling Orunmila what he was up to.

The Olofa however told Osanyin to request Orunmila to move without any delay into the town because they had long been hearing about his reputation.

When he got to Orunmila, he told him that the Olofa besought him to exercise patience because the ceremony would soon be over.

After a long time, Osanyin returned to the palace to tell the Olofa that Orunmlila was once more demanding an ewe (female sheep), alligator pepper, tortoise and parrot's feather to chronicle his entry into the town.

Olofa once more gave them all the materials to Osanyin, who hid them at one side, only to tell Orunmila that he only had a little more time to wait.

Meanwhile, Olofa's patience ran out on a diviner, who no matter how proficient was demanding so much before embarking on any divination.

He wondered what he would ask for after divination. Why should a stranger who he did not even invite, be so extortionate, he queried. He decided to go and meet Orunmila wherever he was waiting.

On his part, Orunmila felt slighted for being kept waiting for what seemed an indefinite period, since there was no secret Oro (or curfew) which could keep him waiting. He too decided in anger to ask his way to meet the Olofa.

The Olofa and Orunmila eventually met at the town hall and began to challenge each other. As they were exchanging the narration of grievances, an elderly person advised them to stop talking simultaneously and to hear each other out.

It was only then they discovered that they had both been the victim of a confidence trickster. As soon as Osanyin realized that his game was up, he escaped. Olofa then took Orunmila home to work with him.

When the Odu appears at divination, the person should be advised to beware of conducting business through intermediaries because the middle man who is supposedly assisting him would in fact cheat in the process.

This work was inspired by LATE DR. C. OSAMARO IBIE, J.P.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

2 Likes

Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by flexcool131(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2017
Nice one
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by flexcool131(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2017
One babalawo once told to come and KO IFA saying we have IFA in our family and the IFA is really dirty.
I still don't get how IFA will be dirty
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Babalawos(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Thank you

flexcool131:
Nice one
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Raintaker(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2017
So Osanyin na 419
But y do some ppl worship it and use it for divination?
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by mike85060: 11:12am On Apr 09, 2017
flexcool131:
One babalawo once told to come and KO IFA saying we have IFA in our family and the IFA is really dirty.
I still don't get how IFA will be dirty
that's a parable.i think only babalawo wil understand
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Babalawos(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2017
Aboru Aboye

90 percent of native doctors that use Osanyin for divination are fake and 419 native doctors. Only 10 percent of them are real and very rare to find. So be very careful while dealing with such quacks.

Babalawos

Raintaker:
So Osanyin na 419
But y do some ppl worship it and use it for divination?
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Raintaker(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Babalawos:
Aboru Aboye

90 percent of native doctors that use Osanyin for divination are fake and 419 native doctors. Only 10 percent of them are real and very rare to find. So be very careful while dealing with such quacks.

Babalawos

Wow really?
Second time I'll be hearing this.
Thanks for the heads up
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Babalawos(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2017
You are welcome

Raintaker:

Wow really?
Second time I'll be hearing this.
Thanks for the heads up
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by kaja4real: 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Greetings baba, I hv been following each and every of ur thread, i think its high time u start publishing book(s) on my beloved African Traditional Religion. Give it a thought. I'm also ur client, u did a divination for me and am greatful
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Babalawos(m): 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
Aboru Aboye

Thanks for your compliments and advice. I have thought about it before but I just feel Nigerians will not buy anything that has to do with their tradition and Religion because an average Nigerian thinks his or her ancestral tradition and Religion is evil.

Babalawos

kaja4real:
Greetings baba, I hv been following each and every of ur thread, i think its high time u start publishing book(s) on my beloved African Traditional Religion. Give it a thought. I'm also ur client, u did a divination for me and am greatful
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by kaja4real: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
Babalawos:
Aboru Aboye

Thanks for your compliments and advice. I have thought about it before but I just feel Nigerians will not buy anything that has to do with their tradition and Religion because an average Nigerian thinks his or her ancestral tradition and Religion is evil.

Babalawos

though u are right, so keep informing and educating we that are wiser now
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Babalawos(m): 7:49am On Apr 15, 2017
kaja4real:

though u are right, so keep informing and educating we that are wiser now

Thank you
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by orisa37: 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
Babalawos:
INCANTATION

TRANSLATION

Do not hit the tree with the crown, cause without hitting the tree with the crown, its weaver will not know how to bend down for the tree:

That was the name of the awo who made divination for the Olofa of Ofa when he was expecting two visitors.

He that knew the way to Ofa without knowing lfa and He that knew lfa but did not know the way to Ofa and sold Ifa oracle in the town of Ofa.

Those were the names of the Awos who made divination for Orunmila when he was going to visit the Olofa of Ofa in the company of Osanyin.

Orunmila did not know the way to Ofa but Osanyin who knew the way to Ofa did not know the Ifa oracle. Osanyin agreed to accompany Orunmila to Ofa.

Just before they reached the town of Ofa, Osanyin told Orunmila to wait for him to herald his approach to the palace.

Osanyin went into the palace and greeted the Olofa telling him that it was not Orunmila's tradition to enter any town without introductory libation.

He demanded and obtained two rats, two fishes, two hens and two cocks for that purpose. Osanyin did not however tell Orunmila what he did because he kept the materials at one side for himself.

Instead, he told Orunmila that the Oba was not quite ready to receive him yet because he had visitors with him. Not long afterwards, Osanyin left once more for the palace where he told the Olofa that Orunmila had demanded a goat, a piece of white cloth, four snails and 8 Naira.

The Olofa gave them to him and he again kept them at one side for himself without telling Orunmila what he was up to.

The Olofa however told Osanyin to request Orunmila to move without any delay into the town because they had long been hearing about his reputation.

When he got to Orunmila, he told him that the Olofa besought him to exercise patience because the ceremony would soon be over.

After a long time, Osanyin returned to the palace to tell the Olofa that Orunmlila was once more demanding an ewe (female sheep), alligator pepper, tortoise and parrot's feather to chronicle his entry into the town.

Olofa once more gave them all the materials to Osanyin, who hid them at one side, only to tell Orunmila that he only had a little more time to wait.

Meanwhile, Olofa's patience ran out on a diviner, who no matter how proficient was demanding so much before embarking on any divination.

He wondered what he would ask for after divination. Why should a stranger who he did not even invite, be so extortionate, he queried. He decided to go and meet Orunmila wherever he was waiting.

On his part, Orunmila felt slighted for being kept waiting for what seemed an indefinite period, since there was no secret Oro (or curfew) which could keep him waiting. He too decided in anger to ask his way to meet the Olofa.

The Olofa and Orunmila eventually met at the town hall and began to challenge each other. As they were exchanging the narration of grievances, an elderly person advised them to stop talking simultaneously and to hear each other out.

It was only then they discovered that they had both been the victim of a confidence trickster. As soon as Osanyin realized that his game was up, he escaped. Olofa then took Orunmila home to work with him.

When the Odu appears at divination, the person should be advised to beware of conducting business through intermediaries because the middle man who is supposedly assisting him would in fact cheat in the process.

This work was inspired by LATE DR. C. OSAMARO IBIE, J.P.

Babalawos

Thanks Babalawos for this Scriptures. Lucifer was mediating between Man and God and tricking Man in many ways before God came down in the Spirit of Christ to redeem Man. Man is Olofa. Lucifer is Osayin. Christ is Orunmila and GOD is OLODUMARE!!! Thanks once more.
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by orisa37: 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
A parable indeed meaning in Christian and Judaism parlance:-
1, For God so love The World that He gave His only Son Jesus that whosoever believes In Him will not perish but have eternal life. And
2, If My People could humble themselves, put away their wicked past, and Pray directly to me, I will answer them and bless them abundantly.
In all of these, God is saying that He is everything to us and Only Him shall we fear.!
Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by Babalawos(m): 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
orisa37:

Thanks Babalawos for this Scriptures. Lucifer was mediating between Man and God and tricking Man in many ways before God came down in the Spirit of Christ to redeem Man. Man is Olofa. Lucifer is Osayin. Christ is Orunmila and GOD is OLODUMARE!!! Thanks once more.

Aboru Aboye

Where did you get that funny teaching from?

African Tradition Religion is far far different from Christianity. Orunmila is Orunmila, Osanyin is Osanyin and Olodumare is Olodumare.

Babalawos

1 Like

Re: Orunmila And Osanyin by orisa37: 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
Babalawos:

Aboru Aboye

Where did you get that funny teaching from?

African Tradition Religion is far far different from Christianity. Orunmila is Orunmila, Osanyin is Osanyin and Olodumare is Olodumare.

Babalawos

I agree 100%. Yoruba is not English. Olodumare is Yoruba and God in English. And God is God everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Man Of God. / Will A Donald Trump Loss Lead To The Rise Of The Kingdom Of Antichrist? / Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.