Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,572 members, 7,820,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans (1358 Views)

Shocking Photos From Otedola Bridge Fuel Tanker Explosion That Kill Many People / When Animal Kingdom Gets Super-sized: Shocking Photos Of Animals Dwarfing Humans / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by micseyi(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2017
The top 25 animals on this earth that are most responsible for killing humans may surprise you. I was shocked that some of these were so high while others like the shark were so low. If you had asked me to guess the top 5 i don’t think i would have got one right. Take a look at the list of the worlds deadliest creatures and where they rank.

25. The *wolf*. No particular kind but the wolf in general accounts for a few hundred human deaths each year.

24. The dingo. This fierce animal rarely attacks humans but when they do they don’t quit. These attacks happen mostly in Australia.

23. The bull. Because of farming and riding the bull accounts for 3 deaths in the U.S. each year and many more around the world.

22. The Black Widow and Brown Recluse. These highly venomous spiders kill over 3 people in the U.S each year and hundreds all over the world. If not treated the poison from a bite will kill you.

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by micseyi(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2017
21. Bears. Normally try to avoid people however account for at least 10 deaths a year in the U.S.

20. Sharks. Sharks attack around 75 people around the world each year and roughly 10 of those are fatal.

19. Leopards. Many countries do not keep a toll on leopard attacks around the world however it is estimated that at least 15 people are killed from leopards each year.

18. Horses. Deaths are most commonly accidental from riding mistakes however horses kill around 20 people each year in the U.S. alone.

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by modestofynest(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2017
I no dey go church again make I drop ma Kaya here
Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by Epositive(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2017
*sits at the front row*
he go soon mention lalasnakelala pet cool

1 Like

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by micseyi(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2017
17. Cows. May seem like docile creatures but attack when provoked giving them a staggering 22 deaths a year in the U.S. alone.

16. Ants. Tough to believe but ants kill about 30 people annually.

15. Bees. About 53 people each year die from allergic reactions to bee stings.

14. African Lions. Although lions typically desire animals with more meat than humans they actually kill around 70 people each year.

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by micseyi(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2017
13. Jellyfish. We all know a jellyfish can sting but did you know that jellyfish actually kill about 3 times the amount of people as sharks on a given year?

12. Tigers kill more than any other big cat accounting for 10s to hundreds of deaths annually from wild tigers.

11. Deer. Deer do have dangerous antlers however they kill around 120 people a year just by standing in the road causing traffic accidents.

10. Domestic Dogs. They account for at least a hundred deaths a year in the U.S. alone. It should be noted that the majority of aggression is caused by abuse from humans and then Rabies

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by micseyi(m): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2017
9. Cape Buffalo. With its huge horns and aggressive attitude the Cape Buffalo accounts for over 200 deaths a year.

8. Elephants. Extremely massive creatures are very dangerous when provoked. Elephants kill around 500 people a year.

7. Crocodiles. Sneaky and around since the dinosaurs crocodiles kill 1,000-2,500 people a year.

6. Hippopotamus. Considered to be Africa’s most dangerous animal Hippos account for around 2,900 deaths a year.

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by micseyi(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2017
5. Scorpions. Only 25 species of scorpions have poison that can kill a human but with so many scorpions around they account for 1,000-5,000 deaths a year.

4. Snakes. It is understandable why so many people are afraid of snakes. They kill around 50,000 people per year!

3. The TseTse Fly. These carry the African Sleeping Disease which affects around 500,000 people yearly in which 80% actually die.

2. Mosquitoes. They are carriers of many fatal diseases including malaria and dengue causing the deaths of 660,000-1,000,000 people per year!

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by pbethel: 11:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Well-done op

1 Like

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by micseyi(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2017
1. Humans. Not quite as surprising as some of these listed however we are better at killing ourselves than anything else in the world.

I have to say that some of these shocked while the number one spot was exactly what I expected. It’s pretty amazing to think that some of the worlds smallest creatures are actually the most deadly. Which one was most surprising to you?

http://www.sliptalk.com/top-25-killers/

cc: lalasticlala

Re: 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans by Epositive(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2017
number one tho sad wasn't expecting it
welldone, op cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Yoruba Monarchs By Hierarchy / Is Teen Actress Regina Daniels Saying Something With These Pictures? / Celebrities Who Became FAT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.