Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,015 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Stop Talking Too Much - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Talking Too Much (313 Views)

Biafra: Stop Talking About War - Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Talking Too Much by christainslove: 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
There are people who talk, talk and talk all the time. Behind your back people will complain you talk too much and then you will have the reputation of being a talkative. People look down on talkatives and the love of your life may not want to date someone people look down upon so you lose him.
If you can’t control your tongue, you would lose respect in the sight of others. Don’t you want to be respected?
Apart from talking too much, there are those who insult others. Let’s be like Jesus. Even when he was beaten and crucified, he opened not his mouth.
Satan tempts you to talk all the time-Resist with-If I can tame my tongue, I can tame my whole body
James 3:2 -For in many things we offend all.If any man offend not in word,the same is a perfect man,and able also to bridle the whole body.
Satan tempts you to curse another person-Resist with-God bless them.
Re: Stop Talking Too Much by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Although this post stung me badly...ouch.....it's true.
Being wise with the tongue.
So, so, so, many times, I (in my flesh) want to just slash people wide open with my tongue here in NL....cause I know I have a hereditary gift there (which can be used either in a negative or positive manner).
Yet the Holy Spirit says to me, "My child don't do it. Don't you say it. Don't even go there. You know that's not MY way."
Haven't gained the battle in this area just yet...but by His grace I will cause I'm determined.
Being balanced...rebuke yet encourage. Avoid slander and gossip.......by any means necessary. We talk about sins such as homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, and abortion...yet completely shut out the sins of "omission" (pride, envy, gossip, slander, etc.).
Nairaland is truly a "character transformation" training ground for me in more ways than one smiley

(1) (Reply)

What If Christ Had Not Risen? / 3 Benefits Of Christ's Resurrection To Believers / How Do You Pray These Kind Of Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.