Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos (34239 Views)

Lagos Demolition Of Otodo Gbame Illegal, Court Rules / Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by bejite: 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
Tosinayoko:
Igbo people not Nigerians pls
And you think you just made sense?
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by castrol180(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
Idiotic Afonja governor

Move to your shanty, squalor and filthy village
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by jollymizzle(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

LMAO
So you don't know that Lagos is village to some people.

From Maroko to Epe was inhabited by locals for years​ until the government and money bags started​ buying up Lands and forcefully evicting landowners.

Go read about Dangote vs indigenous people fight at Ibeju lekki, to understand what is going on

there's a difference between owning land and claiming to own it. A friend's family sold their lands at epe and got the full value. So most likely those who were forcefully evicted didn't really have proof of ownership. And you and I know these people's "village" isn't the slum they presently live.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by selfmadeboss: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
nigerians are stubborn. am sure they must have warned them to leave months or years before now. why not protest when they are asking you to leave
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by skedman(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
Tosinayoko:
the fact remains that you can never see any lagosian living in this type of area. These set of people are supporters of dino malaye ,supporters of fayose,pdp and finally supporters of corrupt politicians .lagos is a mega city not a chant if you cant cope go back to your state and criticise your governors
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by buchilino(m): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
admax:
It's not possible for the LASG to demolish houses without notices, It's impossible.

The LASG should however compensate them adequately eventhoigh they are illegal squatters.

FINE, NOTICE WAS SERVED, BUT WHERE DO D LASG WANT DEM TO GO. MANY WERE BORN N BROUGHT UP DER. THOUGH I UNDERSTAND Y D LASG WANTED TO DEMOLISH D PLACE, BY DOING IT IN DIS INHUMANE WAY IS WRONG.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by OBAGADAFFI: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
jollymizzle:
there's a difference between owning land and claiming to own it. A friend's family sold their lands at epe and got the full value. So most likely those who were forcefully evicted didn't really have proof of ownership. And you and I know these people's "village" isn't the slum they presently live.

Most indigenous land are undocumented, until recently.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by buchilino(m): 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
bejite:

And you think you just made sense?
DON'T BOTHER REPLYING TO SUCH CUCUMBERS.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by Ellieanna: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is so heartbreaking
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by almarthins(m): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
admax:
It's not possible for the LASG to demolish houses without notices, It's impossible.

The LASG should however compensate them adequately eventhoigh they are illegal squatters.

U think so?
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by Charly68: 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
They used them to rig election but after winning turn them to victims of their victory. Life a times can be very unfair . Ambode & his group should know that God hates it when the poor are oppressed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by davidif: 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is really sad.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by oyienootieno: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
ephi123:

That they were issued a warning is not the point, the point is what compensation did the government provide?

Ever heard of C of O? Anyone with proper documentation will surely be compensated.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by olabukola: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
Chief Henry Onanuju Obijioku is the man behind this demolition. He is the property developer who lobbied for the resettlement of the dwellers but the fund he provided for the resettlement was diverted.

If we let this govt and outsiders treat our people let this we will be in for a long thing.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by profbabatunde: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRcaw3XnAc][/url] ---Eden View Estate Ibeju Lekki +2348163154120 (Call/WhatsApp for inspection)
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by Richydos(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rebeccababy:
Why waste ur mb to check this poo.
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!
Have u spent ur MB wisely by trying 2 invite us for ur poo site.... Just shift make i noh spit on u
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by Trexnemesis(m): 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
Idiotic Afonja governor

You can go back to your Otokoto republic, Mr Flatinoid.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by VanBommel(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
Tosinayoko:
stop making your lineage look foolish
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by Mojoy88(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
The first picture is really touching. Look at what our government is making a baby go through.

It is now obvious that our government don't give a damn about us. First, they embezzle money many to care for the people. This impoverish the people and make them poor. Next, they hunted them down in whatever hole they are struggling to survive in.

What a wicked world.

They ought to know that Lagos can not harbour slums anymore. Emotions apart, lets face the fact.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by alpontif(m): 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hello.

This is Akolade Olashigun.

So the story is now on nairaland. Fine. To all the "human Rights Fighters", What have you done on the ground to help OtodoGbame people other than hide behind online monikers and rant online?

I am not a populist, neither am I aiming for your validation, hence I can afford to tell the truth, as it is. As we all know, the truth is usually absurd and painful.

The non sentimental fact of the matter is that a slum cannot be allowed to exist in a State that is aiming to be among the top 20 most developed in some years time.

To make that happen, slums have to be demolished. If the Slum occupants have any legitimate right to the land, then they ought to be relocated and compensated (a LA bussa and new bussa in the Kainji Dam Case).

If they do not have legitimate right to the land, then it is not the immediate responsibility of the government to relocate them. If the government does that, they will be creating a precedence that will make them responsible for providing housing for all homeless lagosians, a proposition that is not economically feasible given the finances of the state.

Also, according to Nigerian laws, housing is not a right. Kindly research that.

It follows that anything the government does for the evicted will be based on the prerogative of Mercy.

What I expect Human right fighters to be clamoring for is for the government plus NGOs to arrange temporary accommodations for the evicted, where practical.

That is the fact that must be separated from the feelings.

For those cursing at me. I believe in karma, and God is a just God, whatever good I do will come back to me, whatever bad I do will come back to me, I have made peace with that, perhaps you should focus on how you can make real difference to your life, and the life of your community, rather than stay online cursing at people who have divergent opinion from yours.

Have questions? Ask away.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by ycat: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
Some Nigerians with ltheir lies are known to react to wrong issues. I'm sure the govt has warned them over and over about the demolition but they ignore the notice only to pretend to be victims now.

You have no business in Lagos if you can't get a proper housing. If it's in Niger state you can afford to rent a 1 br apt, then go there. Start from your hometowns until you can afford to live somewhere else. You can't keep building shacks to endanger the state. If you are from Lagos, then you already have a family house hallway you can crash in. Lagos has to keep to the vision, so you are either in to contribute or get the hell out.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by Horus(m): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMZWNNkxBkE

The demolition of Otodo Gbame Community in Lagos
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by TheStronghold: 1:30am On Apr 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

- those are illegal settlements that should have been removed since tinubu's admin..
- If you own a house you don't live in and one day you visit it and find people living there... would you evict them with compensation
don't mind them. Some people are in their feelings, some are igbos just filled with hatred for the Yorubas and no to criticize this, and a very small amount of people are thinking clearly
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by TheStronghold: 1:32am On Apr 10, 2017
jollymizzle:
most people don't know the effects of having slums in the community, from soweto slums, to those in Rio the story is always the same, crime drugs, rape and diseases. We should all be working towards eradicating slums not permitting it
agreed 100%
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by maximanuel: 7:17am On Apr 10, 2017
Tosinayoko:
U really are a damned Ignoramus
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by godwin120alex: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2017
Hey ! i can comment now. I don't really know why i was unable to login since around Feb 17
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by AngelicBeing: 10:29am On Apr 10, 2017
GreyLaw:

You don't need to worry about the guy; life has a way of giving everybody his own dose. He may not always have it rosy, as he may have his own crying days, even if it's just to teach him how not to ridicule the poor and downtrodden.

As for the government, before you tell people to vacate a place, you MUST provide an alternative place or compensate them. Failure to do this and it becomes wickedness and oppression.

El Rufai is a terrible example to follow.
True that, l agree with all you said. wink
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by seguno2: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
ephi123:
Where does the government expect them to go / live?

And that Akolade Olashigun is a really foolish human being for all he wrote up there including -- "it is impossible for Nigeria to develop without trampling on some people"

It is not unlikely that the same human being called Akolade Olashigun described Jonathan as clueless.
What an irony that would be.
A real irony.
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by ephi123(f): 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
seguno2:

It is not unlikely that the same human being called Akolade Olashigun described Jonathan as clueless.
A real irony.

Haha! Huge irony

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by alpontif(m): 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amen in Jesus's name. And Karma will find you all too.
AngelicBeing:
True that, l agree with all you said. wink
Re: Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos by alpontif(m): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Yes, Jonathan was Clueless, totally and completely. I said it, and I am saying it now.

seguno2:

A real irony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Eze, Igbo Trader Kidnapped In Kano – Police / Doyin Okupe Speaks. / Rotimi Amaechi Sympathizes With Victims Of Election Violence In Rivers. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.