Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,343 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? (524 Views)

Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? / The Lord's Chosen Storm Gambia, Many Muslims Converted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by jimmyjenseng(m): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
I had a gabfest with a friend who I last saw five years ago yesterday. We talked at length on how big we've both grown and also dissed each other's club - imaging a madridista dissing the greatest football club on the planet, Barcelona.

We also talked for hours on mundane subject - this was intentionally done. I didn't want to drive in into religious topic as it would birth heated argument. He's a Fundy who puts on Christ on his head like Wycleff Jean's dreads.

The avertible was soon raised. I watched on as he brought out his pocket Bible from his rear pocket and started preaching Christ to me like I was some sinner. Well, I guess I am, from biblical POV at least.

After 30mins of nonstop preaching - or teaching as he first claimed - I told him I don't believe in fictions. He laughed it off and continued his sermon. Mildly frustrated, I called him off again. This time, he knew I was serious. He shot a devilish look - for sake of leniency, I'll call it an angelic look - at me, shook his head, then gave a prolific one liner pitch: "you've made a choice to go to hell."

Really?!

It's not uncommon to hear theist - Christians and Muslims especially - use this boilerplate when one doesn't subscribe to their version of gods, and this has done best to show how disjointed and meshuga theism is. Isn't it, in all entirety, ludicrous to choose to live in a nonexisting - fictitious - place?

Perhaps, theist don't dig that and this brings me two the concept of freewill.

Christianity - I'm particular about Christianity as it was the religion I was affiliated with - presents us with two options only: Jesus and hell, and we only have a choice between these two options: Jesus or hell. The question then is: what if I decide not to choose? is this a choice in itself or better put, is my freewill brought to bear here?

"Don't be stupid! This - the decision not to choose any - isn't even one of the options" you say. Yea, I dig. If it isn't one of the options, am I not then obtruded to make a choice against my freewill?

Let's say I'm in a dilemma where a murderer asks me to kill my dear sister or be killed. If I kill my dear sister, the Christian concept tells me it's my choice. Likewise, if I options goes in my way, same concept is shown.
This, in the least way possible, presents to us the nature of the Christian god - and other theistic gods. They are no less a murderer.

This also reminds me of the bully who gave me the options of writing his note before mine or be beaten. Although handsome and also protected me from other class bullies upon completion of his note, he was not less a bully.

Have I really chosen to go to hell?

It's a ridiculous question and at best deserves no answer. A protective bully is simply sending me down to hell just because I don't believe him and the fictitious place.

Again I ask: have I really chosen to go to hell?

PS: randomperson, do let hopefullandlord understand that Barcelona is arguably the greatest football club on earth.

1 Like

Re: Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by Judasjudas(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
The moment we stop bothering about life after death and focus on making this one liveable for us and ppl we come across ..then this world would be a better place and eternity achieved ..

4 Likes

Re: Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Judasjudas:
The moment we stop bothering about life after death and focus on making this one liveable for us and ppl we come across ..then this world would be a better place and eternity achieved ..

sense!!!
Re: Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
If christianity were true, why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.
Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

6 Likes

Re: Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by jimmyjenseng(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
If christianity were true, why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.
Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

@bolded got tears rolling off my eyes.

God doesn't know the importance of communication and the effect it has on one, otherwise, he wouldn't relay an important message which a man soul is hinged through flawed beings.

1 Like

Re: Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by Deicide: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2017
Even if they Beg me lie lie I no day go that trash way them day call Christian Heaven grin That shit go even worst pass Hell. I cant live with people like that.....But if na muslim heaven turn out to be real I go day beg to go there, at least i know say 72Virgins go day wait for me!

2 Likes

Re: Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by jimmyjenseng(m): 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
Deicide:
Even if they Beg me lie lie I no day go that trash way them day call Christian Heaven grin That shit would even be more worst than Hell i cant live with people like that.....But if na muslim heaven turn out to be real I go day beg to go there, at least i know say 72Virgins go day wait for me!

Hahaha.
I think I go prefer Valhalla. Nothing go sweet me than to dey watch Vikings dey fight, see as Thor and Odin dey relate with dem him people - unlike Yahweh and Allah wey dem no fit see even for heaven - and dey sip my skol. men, Valhalla go make brain.

2 Likes

Re: Have I Really Chosen To Go Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Hahaha.
I think I go prefer Valhalla. Nothing go sweet me than to dey watch Vikings dey fight, see as Thor and Odin dey relate with dem him people - unlike Yahweh and Allah wey dem no fit see even for heaven - and dey sip my skol. men, Valhalla go make brain.

Hehehehehehehehe

(1) (Reply)

Watch: Water Can Never Flow In This Village (in Delta) Cos Of A Native Doctor / Masquerader Invaded Mosques In Ekiti / Religion Is The Opium Of The People , Who Stands To Gain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.